FE: Awakening Same-Sex Marriages (and More)

UnassumingVenusaur

scr_17_TOP_LEFT_zpst7kjrjpd.png

Hey everyone! I used VincentASM's Character Editor as well as various discoveries made by me and many folks over on GBA Temp to hack lots of new supports into Awakening! Gay, straight, and platonic alike.

Here's the download link. If you have the US version, simply drag the romfs folder into the same location on your pc as Awakening's romfs folder and allow it to overwrite the files. People with different region versions have different names for the folder contained within "M", so in that situation just copy/paste the files themselves into the appropriate location.

[spoiler=Previous Releases]

You can find out more info about it here on the GBATemp thread. Have fun!

Edited by UnassumingVenusaur

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone messaged me with a few questions, so I figured I'd repost my responses here.

1. How do I get the thingy on my 3ds?

To get this on your 3DS, you're going to have to install homebrew, if you haven't already. How to do this depends on what kind of 3DS you have and what version it's been updated to. This chart details the various possible methods, and this page gives instructions. If you need more info you can go to GBATemp,r/3dshacks, or just ask me.

After you get homebrew, follow these instructions to install a hack. Just a few caveats: you should use this extractor to extract the romfs file instead of crtools, make sure to save the romfs as 000a0500.romfs, and you can skip step 6.

2. Does it affect all my save files?

If you load up old save files, the new options will appear in them.

3. If it affects all my save files, what happens if on one of my save files, I have a pairing that was removed?

I honestly don't know, I haven't tried this.

4. I have a hard copy, does this matter?

Either a hard copy or an eshop copy should work.

Do they still result in kids? Because Sully x Cordelia sounds pretty incredible for both kids involved.

Edit: okay so the Lucina screen looks like the affirmative, which is great. Is the reason Panne not getting any due to Taguel modeling issues? In which case that's understandable. I would have liked to be able to do Sumia x Panne (since I think they'd go well together but also those stats work really well haha) but if taguel's the limit then, well, that's okay.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Thanks so much for this!

...I kinda need some help though. I've been wanting to try this out but I keep ending up at a black screen whenever I select ok on hans. Everything should be in the right place, I think, because it didn't give me an invalid. I dumped the file, extracted the romfs, replaced the static.bin.lz, then packed it, made another folder on the root of the SD card called hans and put the new romfs file in there. Then I try to launch through hans and it gives a black screen? I'm really confused. I tried putting the romfs file in the hans folder in the 3ds file too but then it showed up as invalid.

Thanks so much for this!

...I kinda need some help though. I've been wanting to try this out but I keep ending up at a black screen whenever I select ok on hans. Everything should be in the right place, I think, because it didn't give me an invalid. I dumped the file, extracted the romfs, replaced the static.bin.lz, then packed it, made another folder on the root of the SD card called hans and put the new romfs file in there. Then I try to launch through hans and it gives a black screen? I'm really confused. I tried putting the romfs file in the hans folder in the 3ds file too but then it showed up as invalid.

The romfs goes in the hans file in the root of the SD card, not in the 3ds folder. Double check to make sure you gave the romfs the right name (000a0500.romfs), and if you're not using Hax 2.5 (the latest version) you'll need to follow step 6 in the instructions I linked. Once you boot up hans, make sure you set romfs--> SD to "yes." If you do all of that, it should work.

I did put it in hans in the root of the SD card, not 3ds and set romfs -> SD to yes and it has the right name.

ok I just tried deleting 0x0FF0 and up but it still gives me a black screen. like it loads and everything, but it just doesn't go into the game

I did put it in hans in the root of the SD card, not 3ds and set romfs -> SD to yes and it has the right name.

ok I just tried deleting 0x0FF0 and up but it still gives me a black screen. like it loads and everything, but it just doesn't go into the game

That's weird, since it sounds like you're doing everything right. Do you ever see the game's "now loading" message at the bottom right of the screen? Or are you saying that hans just loads into a black screen?

It loads into a black screen after some rainbowy pixels

Thanks for helping though, I'll see if I can get more details. hmm

Sorry I haven't been able to help you more. :(:

If you figure something out, tell me.

Update: Someone at GBATemp was having a similar problem but said that these instructions resolved his issue. Maybe you could try this?

Important Edit: Uh-oh! I've just recruited Tharja!Inigo, and attempting to access a Second Seal with him makes the game freeze! I would avoid this pairing for now until I can figure out the problem.

Update: I figured out the problem, and it involves class inheritance for certain pairings. Read more here. If you already dowloaded the static.bin.lz, I'd recommend downloading a new one and rebuilding the romfs (don't worry, saves will be fine). Make sure to rename the linked file to static.bin.lz

Edited by UnassumingVenusaur

Hey,can I please ask some questions? First,is there a possibility that this will screw up my 3ds,awakening cartridge or my save files? Do I need to buy anything to download this? Once downloaded,can I ever un install it? And would I be able to download an emulator online to do this on?

Hey,can I please ask some questions? First,is there a possibility that this will screw up my 3ds,awakening cartridge or my save files? Do I need to buy anything to download this? Once downloaded,can I ever un install it? And would I be able to download an emulator online to do this on?

• There is absolutely no chance it will screw up your 3ds, cartridge, or save files. (Though old save files may be a bit strange if they have a paring I removed, but they'll still work. If you load them up without the hack later, they'll act completely normally).
  • You may need to buy something if you don't have homebrew yet and depending on the version your 3ds is updated to. See post #5 for more info.
  • Once you download this, you can easily load the game without the hack, yes.
  • Emulators for 3ds's are pretty poor right now, so I wouldn't bet on it.

• 3 weeks later...

i appear to be having the same problem that Ciarre was having? i'm using Browserhax, so i don't know whether the reddit board you linked would help or not :P

[someone should really make a tutorial for this RIP ;;]