FE: Awakening Same-Sex Marriages (and More)

UnassumingVenusaur

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, xandercolin said:

I know this is a really old thread but I've gotten everything working except when I go to view the support conversations it just jumps straight to "achieved rank C" without any dialogue. Can anyone help me with this??

What RedMetal said, not all the supports have conversations.

There's a list here (the GBATemp page linked in the original post) of all the supports with conversations; you need to look at the changelogs.  Note that "support options" are different from "support conversations" and only denote pairings that merely show up in the list rather than those that actually contain dialogue.

Female!Robin×Tharja and Female!Robin×Flavia needs to be a thing imo.

Nevermind. I saw where it was included. My bad.

Edited by ShinjiFan4ever
Slowpoke.

• 5 months later...

Apologies for posting on a thread this old, but I think I'm having the same issue as xandercolin and I haven't seen much conversation about it anywhere else.

I made sure every individual file in the hack pack replaced a file in the extracted romfs folder, I can get the game running, the new supports are all listed in-game, but none of the conversations are happening. I've tried several different supports that are supposed to have conversations in that changelog - namely MaMU/Gaius S, the new MaMU/Sully C, Chrom/Miriel C, and Chrom/Cordelia C. All of them skip the conversations and go straight to the "gained support level" message.

I've attempted to install this hack several times in the past few days, and no matter how many threads I scour for information I cannot for the life of me figure out where I'm going wrong. If I'm not mistaken, the Japanese files are what controls the conversations, right? There doesn't seem to be any Japanese files in the hack pack to replace those in the romfs folder. Do I need to find those files from a separate source? Do I need to code the conversations myself? I'm starting to lose my mind trying to figure this out, and any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I downloaded the hack pack onto my phone out of curiosity, and found that my computer had apparently corrupted the Japanese file names beyond recognition while I was blissfully unaware they were corrupted at all, as the files of the hack pack coincided perfectly with the romfs folder files. Copying the hack files directly from my phone managed to solve the issue, and everything is working as intended.

Edited by cybernetic_mantis
Found a solution to my own problem

• 2 months later...

not to bump an old thread but for those wondering about getting it working on a digital rom, i attempted today and finally succeeded lol i managed to get the newest version on it (3.0 i think)

here's chrom with S rank shown being possible for ol freddie, i havent tested past this though and only testing boys atm! but i think it's all good? anyway, thought i'd share my success haha~ confirmed with it working on citra canary, US ver.

8d1cb79a7613d6547c6734c440a6815f.png

Edited by imabigolgay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hola, lamento molestarlo, pero ¿podría decirme si hay alguna manera de traducir las conversaciones al español?

P: texto convertido con el traductor de google

Edited by lekzoguo

On 4/12/2019 at 9:03 PM, CheesecakeButItSucks said:

Yes it does. I tried it out and it worked. 

how did you do it? I've tried all night to try and get it working but haven't made any progress. I'm not exactly great with computers and file stuff, I'm like mediocre with it, so I've got almost no idea what I need to do for it.

Hi, I'm Spanish, and the way you can install correctly, is this:

https://www.fireemblemwod.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16641

enter this forum (it's in Spanish, so you'll have to translate it), on the first page of the Fire emblem forum 
(which is about a translation of the gay fates patch), you'll find the author telling you how you can 
install the patch itself (works from way similar to gay awakening, 
with the only difference that inside the id folder of titles you should put the awakening id)

I hope to be useful

P: translated with the Google translator

On 2/7/2019 at 7:59 AM, imabigolgay said:

not to bump an old thread but for those wondering about getting it working on a digital rom, i attempted today and finally succeeded lol i managed to get the newest version on it (3.0 i think)

here's chrom with S rank shown being possible for ol freddie, i havent tested past this though and only testing boys atm! but i think it's all good? anyway, thought i'd share my success haha~ confirmed with it working on citra canary, US ver.

8d1cb79a7613d6547c6734c440a6815f.png

How? If you're able, I'd love to know how so I can do this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, I know this is an old thread, but for those who got this mod to work, what hax are you all using? Because honestly I can't get this to work but I have a gut feeling that it's the hax I'm using, I might be wrong though so please share to confirm!

I'm using the steelhax btw, so to those who got this to work with this hax, please contact me!

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is extremely old, but I need help. :( I just recently installed Homebrew on my old 3DS XL, and dumped Awakening onto it so I can play without the cartridge. But now I'm having alot of trouble trying to install the rom hack. So far everything I've tried hasn't worked, and I don't know how to install braindump or how to even open HANS ;-; I've just been using Godmode9 for everything. The only thing I've accomplished in the past few hours is having the rom hack extracted from it's zip on the root of the sd card. If anyone could help me out I'd be super grateful!! I need a hacking guide for dummies or something ;-;

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, sorry, I've been using this mod and I've noticed that no matter what I do, the support levels for Nowi and Chrom never increase. I was wondering if you could help me with this. I've had them paired up in multiple battles, and I've even used a trust seed. Nothing has worked so far.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 9:02 PM, DragoKirby47 said:

Hey, sorry, I've been using this mod and I've noticed that no matter what I do, the support levels for Nowi and Chrom never increase. I was wondering if you could help me with this. I've had them paired up in multiple battles, and I've even used a trust seed. Nothing has worked so far.

Hi, I've been having this problem too. Sometimes it  seems to work, but usually nobody's supports increase, even with trust seeds sometimes.

• 3 months later...

The only reason why I'm not handing out necroposting warns is because I'd need to warn way too many people.