[FE 4] SOYO Draft (...Another one.)

Castello

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have Noish and Dew btw. And the staff user distribution is a little uneven. Ethlin and Lachesis gives Horace all of the first gen staff users until Claude or a promoted Levin/Tiltyu. Lots of fun :p

I have Fury and her C rank in staves.

>.>

Yeah, maybe you're right. I was panicking because I didn't want to give away Fin or any of the dancers. :P

I have Fury and her C rank in staves.

>.>

Yeah, maybe you're right. I was panicking because I didn't want to give away Fin or any of the dancers. :P

Fin is very good in the first gen and very serviceable in the 2nd gen; he's good, but Ethlyn is arguably the best mother in the game, with her huge utility in the first generation and Leif's rescue shenanigans in the 2nd generation, at least he doesn't have Azel or Claude :p, because then he could have 1st gen and 2nd gen rescue staff power. It'll be fun, good practice for all of us.

Edit: So how many turns you think you can do it in this go around Horace?

Edited by Zasplach

I started. If I can manage to actually recruit Jamka (or the killer bow) I might be able to save a few more turns in chapter 2 with Midir too, but even with draftable Aideen I don't think it's too likely without Cuan.

PROLOGUE - 10/10 TURNS

TO JUNGBY - 5/5 TURNS

Rescued the damsel in distress Midir. Sigurd didn't get strength twice so I had to Iron Lance the dude near the castle, but he hadn't been hit yet all chapter so it didn't matter, and he hilariously dodged there anyway, but got knocked kinda low by the boss regardless. Ethlin stole a kill from Ardan and healed him once, and Ardan set off on his quest to defeat the bandit attack the nearest village.

TO EVANS - 5/10 TURNS

Ethlin met up with Sigurd and healed him, and Ardan had to go on a sidequest to lure hand axe bandits away from Alvis so he'd deliver the silver sword on time. Midir beat up dudes around Jungby and got the speed ring, while Ethlin kept Sigurd healthy.

c076594734a35fcaa207e0f1cf4f6f43.png

nice speed sigurd

His strength is so high i let Ethlin take the Silver Sword.

d6686207eeb3f10a787c013737858ec3.png

Ethlinnnnn.

She beat up to the last dude in the arena.

a620af3a8fbb66933f4cbf6e7d7039ed.png

the real mvp

is it bad if i'd rather have Ardan than Holyn?

8aec99d572dfd6b5d3273fccfb5c9510.png

He got a few pretty good levels and a blank one.

Edited by General Horace

Imma give DietCoke Sylvia, not like he can actually pair her [or Fury] up in a reasonable amount of time so I'll get either Fin or Laylea which will make overall an average-ish team for a SOYO.

We're all getting bodied by Horace anyway but I shall try my best ... Ch.4 and Ch.5 will be very, very sketchy for me as I'll have to somehow pair up Lex and Tiltyu with only Holyn and Sigurd left as actual combat units. Looks like I will actually have to ditch out something dumb like Leg Ring!Holyn or Leg Ring!Tiltyu. My gen 2 team looks actually really good with Oifaye, Celice and Lex!Arthur doing most of the offensive work, Tristan and Femina are pretty good for substitutes, Lex!Tinny has Elite and can be my lategame staff user alongside Sharlow and I also get either Fin or Laylea as well.

i dunno, i'm guessing probably just under 200. It's not as good as the team I had Leaf, Levin!Arthur and Aless on!

... that was a regular draft, you were 1st pick and we had a dude who picked like Aira and Lex in round 1 and 2 which allowed you to get Ethlin + Cuan in R1 and R2 and Aless in R3. You also could insta-draft Levin + Tiltyu as a team. Shit was ridiculous.

Also dude wtf, you're going to be WAY faster than "just under 200 turns". You can return/warp skip the biggest gen 1 detours in Ch.2 and Ch.3 and your gen 2 is actually so good that you can easily just skip Hawk and you don't need to get the Tyrfing because both Aless and Altenna kinda body Alvis. You'll have BeoxLachesis and MidirxAideen, get the killer Bow ... with your team you're actually looking more into 180 turns which is insane [and that may actually still be lowballing it].

The way I see it you have a godlike team, I have an average team ... and I'm not gonna lie I think Diet and Zasplach both have extremely shitty teams.

@Diet

If you want I can give you some tips for the future. FE4 draft is extremely fun regardless of whether you do a regular one or a SOYO [there are major differences though]. But you probably realize by now that you made a handful of mistakes that you wanna avoid in the future.

Prologue: 11 turns

Jungby: 5 turns
Sigurd runs south by himself, manages to proc strenghth twice to kill the castle guards with the steel sword, ardan trails behind while Noish goes north to help clear space so Alvis can reach Sigurd, Fin follows behind so he can eventually get the speed ring.
Evans: 6 turns
Noish fends off some of the Evans advance guard, sits on the church, Sigurd goes north so Alvis will give him the silver sword; then he runs west to avoid all but the bridge brigade, Fin runs around with Noish to clear out the speed ring village, Fin gets it, Sigurd kills the Evans guard.
Edit: stats after ch 1 arena

post-13878-0-02488300-1449608107_thumb.png

post-13878-0-29033700-1449608118_thumb.png

post-13878-0-58434200-1449608130_thumb.png

post-13878-0-25584800-1449608140_thumb.png

Edited by Zasplach

CHAPTER 1 - 22/32 TURNS

TO THE FIRST PLACE - 5/5 TURNS

Couldn't get Midir down to chip the boss for a 4 turn clear due to lack of manpower. Sigurd just went and killed the boss, I guess.

TO THE SECOND PLACE - 5/10 TURNS

Ethlin and Midir started beating up the axe goons while Sigurd recruited Ayra for the Hero Sword. Sigurd cleared a path for them to run through, and Sigurd eventually killed Kinbois with a Steel Lance Sibling crit with Ethlin's help.

TO VERDANE - 12/22 TURNS

9721a42685a263b92600d070168d562a.png

WORTH IT

Ethlin and Sigurd held up a little bit for Jamka to charge through and attempt to kill Ethlin, and Sigurd charged on through while Ethlin danced around with Jamka till Aideen arrived. Sigurd killed Sandima with the Steel Lance since he was 1 strength short of ORKO'ing with the Steel sword, but it has 44 kills on it already, which is nice. Ethlin returned Jamka and Aideen Warped Midir home and they cleared the arena with the killer bow. I think i'll pair Jamka and Aideen so Midir can actually do stuff.

stats after chapter 2 arena

8db56b666bd6ddc04d3d7e9ef0276646.png

Hey, he got res.

86e6cd855fa11c6341fe3fc608ff2abc.png

ETHLINNNN

2439cf750f11963c28a510f567bc2aaf.png

Deirdreeeee

74c3697fef80e00938c0b3f5db4ac563.png

master thwomp

ed75295429b5e4361d140556443b249c.png

Aideen

ce0055e47833dabe473ca82aea085c3e.png

He's ready to own.

1224a51fcf4efcb622466314123b4b60.png

maybe he'll beat up some dudes near the sleep staff castle.

CHAPTER 2 - 25/56 TURNS

TO THE FIRST PLACE - 8/8 TURNS

Midir killed the boss with the Killer bow, and Sigurd killed all the chumps along the way to ensure Midir and Ethlin got there on time. Ethlin killed the Return Ring jerk though. Lachesis managed to smack a few dudes with the Thief sword, and even killed Elliot.

TO THE DICKFACE WITH THE SHIELD RING - 5/13 TURNS

Couldn't 4 turn because I just didn't have enough manpower. Sigurd weakened Voltz for Ethlin, and he recruited Beowulf, who drew a lot of fire from the other free knights for some reason. SIgurd killed the boss with his critsword, and Ethlin returned him home. Lachesis beelined for the Bargain RIng.

TO THE SLEEP STAFF - 7/20 TURNS

Lachesis got a couple more villages and was returned home by Ethlin, who returned herself home, and then got warped back to collect the Iron cutter after selling the return staff and Elite ring for Lachesis to spam after she cleared the arena (thanks prayer).

Got hung up for a little while since Jamka, Deirdre and Sigurd couldn't collectively bust through fast enough.

TO AGUSTY - 5/25 TURNS

Midir preempitively had moved to the cliffs near Agusty and killed a few armours and bowknights for Sigurd, letting him run through at least a big easier. Noone was there to kill a ballista in front of the castle so Sigurd took an extra turn doing that before killing Shagaal.

STATS AFTER CH 3 ARENA

3a464a37b7d88867cc1d09774240e95f.png

Wow, he actually got speed!

Preempitvely bought the Knight ring before Deirdre gave her money to Sigurd to make the most out of his funds.

79e9f8e7d6788a6a9551e31ebe222421.png

The bargain ring should help Leaf out a lot.

ff07b3d41f294c9f14472cc3332f690a.png

One step closer to general

38f02dd80ed3f1093d4eeff685dd0aee.png

managed to promote thanks to the elite ring.

20e8460c309f328f31a5b427c7e49f8c.png

she's pretty poor, but the bank of Jamka should be open for business soon.

f3e67e24650226ddb040b15ccce73311.png

I hope him and Aideen fall in love in Chapter 4 so I can actually get the Hero bow.

4a4fa483436dee0bfae6cc7a11de23a4.png

SO CLOSE

I'll just have her Relive Ardan and promote on turn 2, no big deal.

0cf90632bb71cbce3c92b3ad96b20984.png

i still hate him so much, but he's an easy pairing for Lachesis.

Edited by General Horace

Prologue: 10/10

I always thought that Cuan and/or Ethlin were the key to 10 turning this chapter but as it turned out Alec made it possible for me. No Silver Sword though.

To Jungby: 5 turns

Sigurd did not proc 2x str but did not get hit once on the way to the castle, not even by the castle guard whom he had to attack with the Iron Lance. Ardan kinda tagged along with Sigurd for some exp, dunno if it'll be worth anything. Alec proceeded to charge west, dealing with an annoying Hand Axe dude along the way. Lex visited the village and then churchtanked bandits.

To Evans: 5 turns

Sigurd who still hadn't taken any damage starts to catch up to Alec who baits out the Hand Axe dude on the bridge. Squad AI causes the rest of the chumps to follow and gang up on Alec who dodgetanked dude on forest/village tiles. He got 3K from the village and a level up with +str and +mag which will likely be handy later. Since enemies focused on Alec they were out of the way - Sigurd could just use his full move all the time and reach the boss on turn 9, damaging him over the course of 9P and 9E. Lex who went south via the central church got the Speed Ring and Ardan got some more exp. Sigurd finished the boss and seized on turn 10.

[spoiler=Units after Ch.1 arena]20f3yqa.jpg

His stats are pretty average - I hope low HP strats will work out in Ch.1

5wb4n9.jpg

Got a couple of str procs and did a good job in the Prologue. Didn't finish the arena quite yet but he'll do good stuff in the future either way. He just needs a bit of money now.

2zqx3zm.jpg

I doubt he'll ever be useful in this run. I guess if TiltyuxLex isn't happening I can pair her up with Ardan for extra hilarity.

2saguab.jpg

He actually cleared the arena right of the bat which I totally didn't see coming. I think he procced def on just about every level up as well so there's a chance that enemy mooks will hopefull avoid going after him and prioritize Sigurd and Alec instead. Don't think I can quite get him promoted at the beginning of Ch.2 but I'll try. Would be pretty rad.

Chapter 1: 22/32

To Genoa: 5 turns

Low HP strats did not work, mooks opted to gang up on Alec who dodgetanked everything but failed to ORKO stuff. They generally left Lex alone because of his high def I think. Sigurd only got a few kills. A 4 turn might've been possible if Lex killed Kinbois and chipped the boss with the Hand Axe but I opted to go for the 5 turns. A 4 turn is not worth it with a small army in my experience because it messes up the Aira recruitment and that always comes back to haunt me. So I took the extra turn, bait Aira west with Alec and have them get ready to soften up the bandits that chase Dew + Aideen. Sigurd killed the boss over two phases and seized on turn 5.

To Marpha: 6 turns

Aira chased my cavalry units and Sigurd could recruit her after moving nearly fully. Aira ran to Genoa to sell the Iron Blade, Alec and Lex paved a way through the bandits and hurried towards the next castle. Low HP strats finally worked out as the remaining mooks of the squad suicided into Sigurd's Steel Sword [which may not get to 50 kills this time around]. No healer means I had to waste a turn with Alec on the Church, Lex only took like 3 damage from the Axe dudes that guard the castle. Lex ran ahead into the forest to get to the Hero Axe asap, Alec farmed some exp and Sigurd killed Gandolf over 2 turns I think. Everybody else was too low on HP to take him on.

To Verdane: 11 turns

I had Sigurd pick up the Iron Blade. For some reason the Axefighters in the Spirit Forest will attack Sigurd if he has an Iron Blade equipped even with 0 hit [they would not attack him if he uses the Steel Sword though]. Not sure why it's happening but I'm glad I found a way to make things easier - the Iron Blade also ORKOs the bandits whereas the Steel Sword does not. Sigurd and Lex slowly made their way through the forest and with Deidre's help Sigurd made his way to Silenced!Sandima whom also could ORKO with the Iron Blade but not the Steel Sword. In the meantime Lex picked up the Hero Sword on turn 22 and Alec finished the arena after picking up money from the villages.

I also did the Ch.2 arena ... pics later ... maybe

Edited by Yojinbo

Chapter 1:22/33 turns

Genoa: 5 turns

Ran south, did some standard prayer tanking with Fin after Cuan had his handy-dandy mentor talk, Noish trails too, silver sword on the castle boss, drag area, Dew sits on the Marpha church and tanks the brigands.

Marpha:6 turns

Dragged Arya a little bit west, everyone charged west, Dew stayed planted on that church, got some good levels, charged to the castle, Sigurd gets the kill.

Verdane: 11 turns

A place where Arya is actually a little useful, the forest of doom, Sigurd charges ahead and has just low enough avoid that the axemen attack him, he can orko them with the silver sword, arya cleans up the extra guys in his way, get Deidre, used the silence staff on Sadima, Sigurd ran west to avoid the forest, arya and Noish stand next to each other for lover points, run Dew back to Marpha for arena after the forest, Sigurd finishes off Sadima.

Stats after ch 2. arena

post-13878-0-46624900-1449700096_thumb.png

post-13878-0-81348000-1449700113_thumb.png

post-13878-0-50952000-1449700135_thumb.png

post-13878-0-93942100-1449700146_thumb.png

post-13878-0-16801100-1449700164_thumb.png

post-13878-0-63666300-1449700181_thumb.png

post-13878-0-14191000-1449700195_thumb.png

Ch.2: 26/58

To Heirhein: 9 turns

Pretty standard I think. The 8 turn wasn't an option but a 9 turn is fine because it allows me to get Lex in a good position for a quicker clear of the next castle. Sigurd did his thing and recruited Lachesis so I could use her NPCs on the way to Mackily later. Cuan and Fin left the castle in anticipation of the Hero Lance convo and Holyn stayed home to deal with Fury's squad so Deidre was actually the only unit available help out at Mackily castle. Oh well.

To Anphony: 4 turns

Lex aggroed the duke knight to trigger Voltz' squad. Things were pretty messy but Lex cleared out most of the castle guards and Alec killed Voltz with the Light Sword. Lex and Sigurd killed Macbeth.

To Mackily: 8 turns

Return!Ethlin saves two turns on this castle, having Aideen probably saves one. I, of course, have neither and returning Sigurd to Evans via the return ring or just doing some good ol' backtracking seems to result in the same 8 turns for this castle. Lex backtracked and reached the same area as Sigurd did around the same time. Most of the work was done here by the NPC Knights but Deidre kept them alive, sniped a few dudes with Aura, prayer tanked the ballistae and silenced the sleep staff boss to make shit a lot easier. Lex only had to pave a way for Sigurd to cut through, kill the boss and seize. In the meantime, Alec made his way through the arena with the Elite Ring equipped. He's out of commision for the rest of the chapter and picks up money, the bargain ring and the armor cutter.

To Agusty: 5 turns

I never figured out how to get a 4 turn here. Even when Sigurd moves maximum range he always falls exactly one square short of reaching Chagal. Aside from that, not much was going on here. Sigurd just moved around, most of the mooks had low attack and opted to attack neither Sigurd nor Lex. There were no chances of death and fortunately Zyne's squad did not end up blocking my path for once. I think they only actually start moving if you're either within their attacking range or if you aggro the armors.

Chapter 2:30/63

Heirhenen: 9 turns

This is where not having mounted healers (or at least a six move healer) really is a determinant, ran head long to Lachesis' castle to save the suicide brigade, Fin killed Anthony, Sigurd picked up the return ring and ran to the castle, got two shots of the light sword off, killed the castle guard on the EP and then finished Baldo off with the steel lance.

Anphony 6 turns

If I could have gotten the attention of Voltz' mercenaries quicker it could have gone quicker with a little bit of Fin prayer abuse, but nontheless I waited for Voltz, had Fin take him out, managed to save the bargain village too, sending Dew over there, getting Deidre in range to start warping, got the pursuit ring, could be worse.

Mackily: 9 turns

Warped everyone to Evans, ran north, pulled the AI out with Fin, murdered the castle guard with the brave lance, had to hold up a turn for FIn to catch up, Dew runs around to villages, after he gave money to Levin.

Agustria: 5 turns

Warped Levin to Mackily, bought the elite ring, cleared the arena, ran north, had Sigurd pass by the armors on the path, pulled all the enemies to fight the king of Silesia, had Sigurd kill one of the ballista with the light sword, sat in front of Shagall with the silver sword, killed him on the PP after getting some more experience for Levin and Fin.

Stats after ch 3 arena

post-13878-0-97737000-1449815795_thumb.png

post-13878-0-42686600-1449815811_thumb.png

post-13878-0-30007000-1449815825_thumb.png

post-13878-0-85836700-1449815840_thumb.png

post-13878-0-29333800-1449815856_thumb.png

post-13878-0-07786300-1449815869_thumb.png

post-13878-0-81993400-1449815882_thumb.png

post-13878-0-99840900-1449815894_thumb.png

Edited by Zasplach

Chapter 3:17/80

Madino: 4 turns

Fin and Sigurd doing there thing setting up Dew to eat some experience and fight the cross knights so he promotes for chapter 4, setting up Levin to warp too.

Silvail 7 turns

Dew and Levin waiting for cross knights, SIgurd returns himself, Lachesis several steps behind waiting for her brother, move Adean so she can get warped for Yewfelle. Fight past the guard, to the convo, run to Chagall, last of the Fin usefulness, Fin also got the two villages with stat boosts and Ardan got the restore staff, maybe it'll be useful? Dew got warped to Madino too and Arya/noish were there.

Orgahil: 6 turns

Levin warped Sigurd to Orgahil, Arya wipes out the advance guard, though Sigurd got the leg ring, Briggid hid in the close corner to limit the number of hits per turn, Sigurd runs to the castle and Adean does the convo after Dew/Arya/Noish/Briggid finish off the pirates.

Stats after ch. 4 arena

post-13878-0-10499600-1449869392_thumb.png

post-13878-0-29626900-1449869403_thumb.png

post-13878-0-38540100-1449869417_thumb.png

post-13878-0-90699300-1449869429_thumb.png

post-13878-0-77505500-1449869444_thumb.png

post-13878-0-96077200-1449869456_thumb.png

post-13878-0-41784300-1449869467_thumb.png

post-13878-0-05993000-1449869477_thumb.png

Did Chapter 3 a while ago, going to post it now before I forget.

CHAPTER 3 - 14/70 TURNS

TO MADINO - 4/14 TURNS

Lachesis Relived Ardan for her remaining 20 exp to allow her to promote on the next turn and buy warp and head out towards Eltshan with Beowulf. Ethlin and Midir went North to clear a way for Sigurd to the boss. Ethlin returned Sigurd home.

TO SILVAIL - 5/9 TURNS

Lachesis killed all the cross knights then made Eltshan leave. Then she triggered the thwomps near Shagaal and Sigurd killed him.

Ethlin bought the Hero Sword and positioned herself to kill pirates. Midir got the restore staff I guess.

TO ORGAHIL - 5/14 TURNS

Ethlin sold the leg ring she got on the enemy phase (along with the Hero sword) and Lachesis warped Sigurd to Madino, and he bought the leg ring and charged to Orgahill. Aideen spammed Return all chapter. Not enough time for stats right now.

Edited by General Horace

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't forget about this, holidays just happened!

CHAPTER 4 - 22/92 TURNS

TO THE TOP PLACE - 11/22 TURNS

Dew got the leg ring, Sigurd, Lachesis, Beowulf, and Midir headed for the castle. Not much happened really.

TO THE OTHER PLACE - 11/22 TURNS

Just ran there and seized really after Sigurd rebought the leg ring.

Aideen and Jamka fell in love, netting me the hero bow, and Jamka passed Aideen his money and raided some villages, and she could finally rebuy warp to promote.

stats after chapter 5 arena:

f264a2046901f76dd25b1453575e74dd.png

Sigurd/10

517116e813ac0f1a6ed01918d55edff9.png

not making it to general this time i'm afraid

3f5dcb3816268b447378ae7c012addb5.png

She'll buy Libro with one of the nearby villages.

96bb4040ca491fe37a01711f57e101b8.png

He did his job

aabc279ef2aea0376594b93c28716811.png

He seems kind of underlevelled, I have a feeling I forgot to arena him in a chapter.

c42fdabe481564a4e57030047fb0bea3.png

Lachesis/10

9269f9bf6396f75453ac73a4663f1a78.png

he'll probably buy some more filler swords for Delmud to sell

CHAPTER 5 - 17/109 TURNS

Can't remember castle specifics but I'm pretty sure I get 17 turns every time I do this chapter because I never have Sylvia. Sigurd just ran places and killed the bosses. Had to get creative at the end since I had nobody other than SIgurd that could kill Reptor, so I had Jamka and Midir lure some enemies away so that Midir could kill an armour that otherwise blocked SIgurd's path to Reptor. Lachesis and Beowulf fell in love around turn 12.

Edited by General Horace

New Gen, New Post.

CHAPTER 6 - 16/16 TURNS

Ran Celice to the castles, he used the Earth Sword to heal up on one of Johan's chumps. Delmud was fed most of the kills (well not fed, he ORKO'd with the Silver Blade). Oifaye will nab the 100 kill steel sword next chapter. Oifaye got the skill ring and Lana, Delmud, and Lester all got a village each.

Celice is actually pretty good! As in his speed isn't a catastrophe!