How Did You Get Into Fire Emblem

KawaiiPersona

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one laugh, please

I was vacationing at my grandparents who sleep in REALLY late, and I wake up really early, so naturally I was bored. My grandparents sell games on Ebay, and I found FE7 among the games they were selling, so I played it to sate the old Smash curiosity. Since they were selling it I couldn't keep it, so I bought FE13 as soon as I could and loved it, and here I am today.

Fun Fact: I live rather far from my Grandparents, so Lyn's tale hit really close to home at the time.

Played Brawl and really liked playing Marth and Ike. Shadow Dragon was the most recent FE game to come out at the time so that was the one I played first, and it was also advertised on the box as being "a remake of the original tale" so I figured I might as well start at the beginning.

Wasn't until years later that I was able to get my hands on another FE game (Sacred Stones) and that was when I was officially really into Fire Emblem.

I liked Smash Bros, I thought Marth was a nifty dude, and I got Shadow Dragon through a game trade with a good friend because it was a little too difficult for her. I sucked at the game but I loved it, but I didn't get into the series proper until post-Awakening. After I beat Awakening, I made it my SOLEMN DUTY to play all the FE games I could even if I had to reclass to pirate to do it. Which I already had, since I played FE12 before Awakening. Now I'm obsessed.

Like most people here, I was curious as to where Roy and Marth came from in SSBM. I saw FE7 at Target and was like "Hey that looks like Roy" and begged my mom to buy it for me.

From there on out I was hooked :P

I discovered FE when I played Sacred Stones through the Ambassador Program. I was a total noob to Fire Emblem and sacred stones was actually hard for me. I kept on losing characters and had to keep on restarting chapters. I remember that I just stopped playing the game at around Chapter 15 when Ross decided to just miss the boss and died because of it. Sacred Stones' plot wasn't very engaging, in my opinion, but I had fun playing a game that forced me to keep my army free of casualties.(It's also the game where I met Marisa).

I later played FE Awakening through the demo and decided to buy the game after having so much fun with the first two chapters. Since I was still an FE noob, I decided to play on casual mode. I went through the game very quickly and had a lot of fun with the support system. I enjoyed listening to the really good soundtrack and the characters were really cool. The presentation in Awakening was significantly better than Sacred Stones, with the slick controls and nice cut-scenes. The only problem I had with the game was the plot; since it was a stereotypical JRPG story about a group of heroes defeating the big bad. But there was a lot of cool moments in the story, so it kind of made the main story line more interesting.

I am now currently playing FE 7 and the game is actually pretty good so far. I'm actually having an easier time in this game than in Awakening and Sacred Stones. I'm currently playing Chapter 16X, so the game might have a huge difficulty curve soon. I think Dorcas might be too good in this game, since he keeps on tanking a lot of hits and kills way too many enemies. So far, FE 7 has impressed me more than Sacred stones.

Edited by evilbeepskyrim

Like a lot of people, it was actually smash bros, but not the same way. My friend introduced me to smash bros brawl, and the only thing I knew about it then was that Sonic was in it. We were trying to unlock sonic through classic mode (we never did btw), and the very first character is saw him use was Ike. While I was then hooked on SB, I didn't give fire emblem that much thought until a lot later when I was following updates on smash bros 4. I thought the redesigns for Marth and Ike were pretty interesting (well, just Ike at the time). I was looking for a pretty good Medieval Fantasy game at the time, and I thought mabye Fire Emblem is the game I'm looking for. I watched someone play Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Awakening (mostly the former) and thought it looked cool. Then when I got my old tablet back (which as of now I lost again) I found an emulator of Fire Emblem Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones, and that's how it started.

I was introduced through Smash like many people and I mained Roy over Marth. Even though Marth was better, I had already gotten attached to Roy and as a child, I didn't want to play as Marth due to my bias. Luckily the games that were first localized was related to Roy or I might not have picked it up. Fun fact though, Now that I've played almost all the games in the series, I still don't like Marth. LOL

I got into Fire Emblem after seeing Marth in Brawl

I was like: What is HE from?

Then I got Awakening

I absolutely loved it. It's my favorite game (Fates will be my favorite for sure afterwards. Fixed everything Awakening missed) (ESPECIALLY ONLINE PLAY)

And I have then played Shadow Dragon. My mom knew I liked Fire Emblem & she got me that one without me even saying anything. Then I played Radiant Dawn.

I saw a poster advertising FE7, and thought Eliwood was hot (I have a thing for redheaded guys, 'k?). Then I played the game and fell in love with a lot of other characters.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is what made me at least know of Fire Emblem. However, it wouldn't be until 2011 with the Ambassador program for the 3DS when I got Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, which is the first FE game I have ever gotten. However, I didn't really like it and didn't really understand the game.

Later tried out the demo for Awakening as it is free and that game drew me in much more than FE8 did.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Hmmm... Well I've been interested/liked Fire Emblem for a very long time now (ever since I saw FE characters in Melee, and loved Ike in Brawl). But I never played the game until quite a while ago (Awakening) and I totally am in love with Fire Emblem. I've played many of the games now, and hope for more to come!

Totally unique answer: Smash Brothers.

I first knew of it through Melee (more specifically, Roy [more specifically, his red hair {I really like the red hair}]), but Ike in Brawl piqued my interest the most. I didn't start officially playing FE until I ordered PoR online. I now own Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, and Awakening as well.

And now Roy's back in Sm4sh! Yeeeeeeeeee!

Edited by Power Master

saw the name mentioned in a Sonic the Hedgehog forums, thought it was cool. Here I am.

yes I am a simple minded person.

I thought the game was about chinese warriors but I rather liked to find out I was wrong.

Edited by Rapier

My answer is almost the opposite of the majority of answers.

I got in to FE through Smash... 4. I really liked Lucina, so I decided to get Awakening. I was bad at it. Then I got better at the game, played on Hard and I enjoyed it a lot more and decided I wanted to play the other games in the series. I decided on Sacred Stones, and I loved it. A lot more than I liked Awakening. in fact, I couldn't even really go back to FE13 because of how much more fun I was having with the previous games. and that's how I got in to FE.

I had seen many Awakening characters before, but I didn't get seriously interested til I saw Maribelle. I wanted her to kick my ass and step on me, or something.
Anyway, despite knowing nothing about FE except for Maribelle's existence, I got the game last Christmas and really enjoyed it. Now I wanna play older Fire Emblems but I don't even have a clue on how to start, lol.

Like most things when I took an interest in when I was younger, it was all thanks to my older brother. It all started with Melee, of course, and I watched my brother play Path of Radiance. One day years back he gave me Blazing Sword to play, and the rest was history.

I was eleven. Highly influence by Heroic Fantasy (Dai no Bouken, Golden Sun ), RPGs (Pokemon, Golden Sun again) and Tactic game (Advance Wars) so when I come across Fire Emblem 7 it was the instant crush.

Found the Sacred Stones by accident and liked the cover (Dragon hype!).

It turned out to become my favourite Nintendo franchises (and also the most dissapointing one in recent years).

I later got my hands on Path of Radiance and found out about Fire Emblem 7 (yeah, I never read about it in magazines let alone on "online-websites").

A friend recommended FE7 for me sometime after its release but before FE8's. Played it and fell in love and been playing all the games since then (with a few breaks here and there).

Edited by Kirie

I know this might sound crazy but i didn't start because of super smash bros.

When i was in around 3rd grade a good chunk of my grade played melee, keep in mind i went to a really tiny private school. Anyway a friend from school got curious about marth and roy and picked up fire emblem 7. He hated the game and gave me the cartage. I was like "HECK YEAH! FREE GAME!". weirdly enough i never really questioned them in the roster but as soon as the opening cinematic played my eyes widened so fast. When i saw Lyn for the first time i teared up, It was love at first sight. Very few games have given me that same butterflies in my stomach feeling to this day.

Fun fact: the game and especially Lyn had such a massive impact on my life i decided if i have a daughter i'm going to name her Lyndis. I can only hope she grows up to be as kind and strong as the girl who made me fall in love with this series.