New Fire Emblem Character Ideas

StriderSean

Now, I know that there are quite a bit of Fire Emblem reps already, but only one from what might be one of the most famous eras of Fire Emblem: the Gameboy Advance era. So, if we could have more representatives without taking up other spaces of potential fighters, who would you want? Keep in mind, I only said the Gameboy Advance thing because I'm biased towards it, so choose anyone, from the NES, SNES, GC/Wii, etc.

Also, feel free to list your ideas on play-style or attacks.

My personal choices: Hector and Lyn. Lyn would be an interesting weapon-user with emphasis on both spacing and getting up close, while Hector would be like Ganondorf with an axe, sort of.

Lyn: (Note: always has sword in sheath until she attacks. I also have no clue of how her PM version plays) Jab: Basic slice to knock opponents away; F-Tilt: A leaning slice with little endlag to combo into another tilt. Has somewhat high startup; U-Tilt: Slices upwards in front of her, hitting twice, and allowing for aerial follow-ups; D-tilt: Shield poke, no clue, really; F-Smash: based on the Sol Katti attack animation where she flips and strikes downwards; N-Air: A kick with low power and low landlag, good for air-to-ground; F-Air: Foward slice; B-Air: Kicks backward, then slices; D-Air: Almost like Marth's D-Air, but sacrifices range for lower end and land lag; U-Air: Dunno; Special: Iron Bow: Tapping special will send out an arrow with low power, but high speed, holding special will do the "Critical" version, where it has a bit more power behind it; Side Special: Attack (Can't really think of a good name): Does her attack animation as a Lord, which has decent power, but can be used as a pressure tool, since it can jump back after attacking on the ground, or can be used as a recovery tool; Up Special: Third Jump?; Down Special: Critical Counter: Basically the All-or-Nothing counter with high attack power but little counter frames.

Hector: (Note: HEAVY and surprisingly fast) Hadn't thought much about it, but Side Special as the Hand Axe and Up Special as Armads-Copter?

Nah, 3DS is definitely the most famous era given how well Awakening sold and how much attention both it and Fates have gotten. So I'd go for Corrin or Azura if new characters are added.

Edited by Anacybele

I'd like to see Hector or Lyn, definitely, but what I'd love most is if Ephraim was added to the game.

And I mean I'd pass out from fangirling if that were to happen.

Clearly the Mighty Ardan is in need of representation! I'm probably too lazy to come up with all of the moves. I guess the general idea is that certain attacks swap Ardan between sword, lance, axe and bow, whilst others vary depending on what he's got out.

Neutral B - One Step Closer to General: Being the mighty general he is destined to become, this attack swaps Ardan between the use of a sword, lance and axe, having an advantage in speed, range and power respectively. Bows are situational because it'd be weird to work with otherwise.

Up B - The Power of Pursuit: Ardan steps forward delivering a simple sword swipe, with pretty poor horizontal or vertical gain. Doing the same again will cause Ardan to repeat the action. Pretty buff when it connects and Ardan gains semi-super armour during his ascent and his recovery increases significantly if he hits an enemy during his attack. Swaps Ardan's weapon to his sword.

Side B - Javelin: Ardan prepares to throw a javelin in an arc, adjusting the direction pad with B held can alter the trajectory it takes. Changes Ardan's weapon to a lance.

Down B - Thwomp Great Shield: Whilst not negating damage, Ardan braces himself and gains super armour that lasts maybe 20 frames or something. He can still take damage, but he receives no knockback and has a small amount of endlag which increases with use. This attack also halts Ardan's horizontal movement and causes him to drop in the air.

Final Smash - I have evolved: Ardan promotes again into a Baron or something like that. Too lazy to think of anything else.

I feel as though we should let other series have a chance in the DLC spotlight before we more from the already represented series... but whatever.

Lyn would be great, but I doubt they'll remove her from the Assist Trophy lineup. My personal choice would be Sigurd. (Didn't expect that from me, did 'ya?) Aside from being a lance user, which we need in the game, he would also represent the Jugdral series in more than just song medleys and Marth's alternate costume of Lief.

The only move I have in mind for him is the obvious one, his Side B: Javelin. I guess his Final Smash could be calling up a stampede of FE4 Heroes (a la Yoshi Stampede from PM:The Thousand-Year Door).

His alternate costumes would be Quan, Eldigan, Seliph, Diedre (I think I spelled that right?), Arvis, Ethlin (I'm a terrible speller...), and um... green?

Lyn and Ephraim are the two characters I want the most. I've wanted them for a long time! I'm awful at coming up with moves and such, but maybe Ephraim's Final Smash could be similar to Robin's. Maybe Ephraim could pull out the Siegmund Lance and hop on his horse, and Eirika appears on her horse with the Sieglinde Sword, and they attack the opponent simultaneously. Perhaps Lyn could pull out the Sol Katti for her FS, and use the Manni Katti for her regular moves. *Shrugs*

FE is already pretty over represented in Smash 4 (5 reps, 4 if you don't count Lucina). That said if they do add someone, it better be an important recent (as in post Gamecube era) non-sword wielder. A mage like Micaiah could work, or a lord type character from the latest game. Everyone else just seems like supporting characters tbh, everyone so far is a lord or the main character.

I don't see them adding a non-Lord over a Lord. Ever. And while FE13 avatar isn't technically a Lord, as far as plot-importance they are, which is what I'm talking about here.

And of course non-sword wielding Lords are few and far between.

I don't see them adding a non-Lord over a Lord. Ever. And while FE13 avatar isn't technically a Lord, as far as plot-importance they are, which is what I'm talking about here.

And of course non-sword wielding Lords are few and far between.

Well, Lucina could use Lances, but...yeah, you know the rest.

Well, Lucina could use Lances, but...yeah, you know the rest.

And Ike can use Axes. Neither of them are in their promoted classes. :shrug:

At this point if they're gonna add another FE character, Azura is the only one that both makes sense and seems like would be interesting.

Dragonshifting Kamui maaaaaybe.

Honestly I feel Smash is already saturated with FE representation, and the last thing I want to see is some shit Fates character DLC.

I said "if we could have more representatives without taking up other spaces of potential fighters," but I understand what you mean. I have a pretty substantial list of characters from all angles of Nintendo, and some not I'll even give you it:

[spoiler=List of Fighters]Issac from Golden Sun,

Chrono from Chrono Trigger,

Waluigi and Daisy from Mario series,

Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong Country series,

Vatti from Legend of Zelda (Kinda 'eh' on this one),

Wolf (return) and Krystal from the Star Fox franchise,

Bandanna Waddle Dee and (maybe) Galactica Knight from Kirby,

Sceptile (Gen 3 rep), Ivysaur (return), Squirtle (return), Scizor (Gen 2 rep), Zoroark (Gen V rep),

Dark Pit as a completely new fighter using the mass amount of weaponry in Kid Icarus: Uprising,

Lucina actually Lucina, and not Marth,

"Cross" from Xenoblade Chronicles X,

Inklings from Splatoon,

Tails and (&) Knuckles from the Sonic franchise,

Zero and (maybe) Bass from the Mega Man franchise,

Snake as a return fighter, and possibly Ice Climbers.

That's about it, but here are some that I looked at that could be in, but I don't mind either way:

Ray MK2 from Custom Robo,

Saki from Sin and Punishment,

Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western,

Chibi-Robo from Chibi-Robo,

Zael from Last Story,

and Wonder Red from Wonderful 101.

And Ike can use Axes. Neither of them are in their promoted classes. :shrug:

At this point if they're gonna add another FE character, Azura is the only one that both makes sense and seems like would be interesting.

Dragonshifting Kamui maaaaaybe.

I thought Ike was in Smash 4. Maybe use an Axe for Custom Specials or some Grabs?

Edited by Balcerzak

I thought Ike was in Smash 4. Maybe use an Axe for Custom Specials or some Grabs?

Yeah he is. But as an FE10 Hero, he doesn't use an Axe. Similarly, as an FE13 Lord, Lucina can't use Lances.

Yeah he is. But as an FE10 Hero, he doesn't use an Axe. Similarly, as an FE13 Lord, Lucina can't use Lances.

Don't know that much. All I know is that Sakurai gave Ike whatever Item he needed to Class Change from Brawl to Smash 4.

Don't know that much. All I know is that Sakurai gave Ike whatever Item he needed to Class Change from Brawl to Smash 4.

No he didn't.

Ike was a Ranger->Lord in FE9. In FE10 he was Hero->Vanguard.

I think another FE character is a bad idea right now. Now is the time for another Xenoblade character (please Sakurai)

Technically, I'd just rather have had Lucina and Roy in the base game and Corrin as DLC because i don't actually like robin that much but I love corrin oops

I'd like to see Ephraim and/or Hector. Throwing a characters in with a lance and an axe would be interesting. It'd also be cool to have Micaiah. It'd probably be similar to Robin but idk if they'd do the wearing out of tomes the same since thats the only weapon she would have.

it occurs to me that if, say, Ephraim or Lyn or even like, Seliph, were added to Smash 4, the character would have more people recognize them than Ike did going into Brawl, simply because of FE13 DLC (SpotPass and Outrealm both).

That's kinda depressing...