I'm having some problems with this game (Possibly spoilers of some RPG games)

Calmy

Y'know, i like life, i like to play videogames, i really enjoy them!, I do always recognize that a new JRPG most probably puts me in a good mood, I do not have a thing for WRPG's, i think they can (or are) pretty good by themselves, but let's cut out the crap, i'm gonna be a little more direct this time, recently, there's this game called Undertale, where, i know, it's the one game the entire internet adores, it's the one game everyone is gonna lose their shit for it, it's that game where it's popularity so high, that i don't know exactly what are the limits this game will, or can have.

Usually, I do not want to share thoughts regarding this game, not because i'm a Silent Hater or something, hell, i don't hate this game by per se, is just that, whenever i would like to talk about this game, calmly, with a person, is pretty much impossible without them going "AND YOU REMEMBER THAT BLABLABLABLA!!!", I have been pointed that this game has the Steven Universe Syndrome, it's a good piece of media, with a shitty and overhyped community, and because talking about the flaws this game may or may not have is like heresy in the name of the gaming community.

Okay, first of all, this is a videogame, not the second coming of Jesus, second, I do think that if a group of people have the rights to talk positively about a game, another group might think on the contrary, and thirdly, because is a game is so beloved inside a big group of people, that doesn't mean it guarantees no criticisms towards the other kind of people who may not like this game for several reasons, some people may experience Hype Backlash with this game (For more information, consult on TV Tropes).

Usually i chicken out, and i don't talk about this game, but i wondered myself "For how long will i keep these thoughts only on my head" so i thought that it might be a little healthier to actually express what i feel about this game, take note, this is not a review nor this is a general description about the game from, what i gathered, these are just some of the problems i encountered with this game, this is all personal opinion, so you may agree or not with me, depending in how you interpret my point of view, in the end, the only truth is that... we don't know it.

Now, going back to the game itself, i won't talk about the graphics or the music, which were pretty cool parts of the game i can admit, rather, mechanics of the plot and gameplay that, just don't mix well in a video logical sense of point, i'm gonna separate them each:

1 - The talking option: Ah yes, the talking option, in this game, you can use it to interact with enemies, if done right, you could escape enemies, escape from some bosses, or make them more aggressive towards you depending in how you say the things or not, apparently, this was inspired by the negotiation method of the original SMT for the Super Famicom, even by Fox words, he admitted that he created this system based on that.

Okay, it's all dandy and fine, but there's a problem, this system just plain doesn't work or fit for this kind of game, if not, at all, why you might ask?, well, if the Author of this game himself talked about SMT, and how he was "inspired" to take this mechanic in his game, might as well compare it to this game right now, the main difference between the negotiation method of SMT and the talking method were the reasons behind it.

In SMT, Demons ally with 3 of these paths (Neutral, Chaos and Law), each one represents a "Side" to fight in a big ass long war between Demons, this is the common staple of the SMT games, as in, all the games, you have to choose which side you have to pick from, when you confront Demons in this game, the Negotiation method is a way to make them attracted for you, in order to join your army, this system works here for several reasons, first, that each demon is unique and based on a character from religions.

Each demon isn't there to just fuck around (Most of the times....), they are in a war with different sides fighting for "X" or "Y", each one is based on a real fictional character from a religion, you get to know them, you get to know their backstory, you get to know how they are, their relationships with other demons, the way they work here, is correct because what are they doing, makes sense in a Gameplay stand of point.

In Undertale, it doesn't, mostly because of one simple flaw, one simple flaw that really fucks with the method, most of the enemies are based from things you would expect in Earthbound, so basically, what this game tried to do was a mix between SMT and Earthbound, all the enemies here are based on one or two gimmicks they have to "identify" them, and since in this game it seems that there is the path of "Fucking kill everything" or "Let's just make peace with everyone", the talking method doesn't work in that regard.

Because, just think about it, each enemy only has some lines of dialogue, to put you an example, "X" enemy looks fat and sweaty, so he might not like to run or doing sports, and instead, eat sweets or something, you just say something that he or she agrees with you, and they run off, leaving you without any point of experience, this doesn't make too much sense, because you think "Then, what is the point of all this, if i could just run and leave the bastard alone?".

Take into account that we don't have any sort of backstory for most common enemies in Undertale, many things in this game are pretty ambiguous, and some others just plain unexplained, so, why does this system exists?, from what i read, it was to make bonds with the enemies, as everything has a heart and shit, according to most descriptions of the game, and according to Toriel, one of the characters from this game.

This, is kinda nonsensical, demons in SMT don't react to one gimmick, one joke, or things like it, hell, even "cute" demons might have other kinds of personality, this is explained as i said before, each demon is based on multiple religions or mythologies, you had a reward which was recruiting them to fight whatever side you wanted to fight, here, there is no reward in befriending enemies, otherwise in getting a Steam Trophy, or getting the Pacific Run or whatever.

The only reward is in befriending bosses, which is, okay i guess, some of them change elements of the story, but the game doesn't explain you shit when you try to use the talking method, and they respond with "Too enraged, too sad, too confused, etc." to actually respond, no, supposedly, you have to keep on pressing the same "talk" button until they respond another thing, so basically, this game is expecting me to do the same shit, to get another result, that's some cryptic and unexplained bullshit right there.

2 - The Puzzles: Okay, this is just... strange, most puzzles are basically things easy to solve, and some others require pixel perfect accuracy in doing some things "Like walking through a specific path without falling" in order to go to another area, others might include agreeing with a character in the overworld, with, whatever they says and so on, i just don't get this part, why are they like this?, was this added to make a little more of gameplay time?, the game isn't that long compared to most RPG's anyway, so, why were these parts made like this?.

3 - Some parts of the story: There are many times in this game where i said to myself "Why?", multiple times, and it seems that, even from some hardcore fans of this game, this is a part that might fail, as i said before, this game has plenty of ambiguous things to think about it, but the part that it doesn't, fit to me is the Story, in this case, you awake from a cave, ah ha, you encounter a flower thing, that lures you into thinking that is good, when you find that it's not, and then Toriel comes and saves the day.

Then she treats you like a child, I haven't had any problems with her until i reached her house, and i discovered that there is a world beyond her house, that many things are evil and want to kill you, lalala, okay, first, Why didn't she told me anything about this on first hand?, if she was going to protect me, at least fill me with the details in time, secondly, if you're gonna invite me to your house, and make a living and anything good for me, then be direct, with me, don't just go around until the last moment when you decide to fight me.

And from Toriel's Fight and onwards, i just lost hope with this game, Why was she so cryptic about the cave thing without explaining more things in detail?, I know what you may say, she did this because she didn't wanted to see more people to die in there, but that's just nonsense, are you expecting me to believe, that a human would not have the brains and line of thinking to say "Hey, i should get out of this someday!", and instead, just having a fantasy world with strawberries and flowers, fricking Goat.

This pretty much covers the entire things about what i think of this game, i also noticed that this game had, quite some jokes referencing modern times, i don't know about you guys, but as any other game, in some time the hype will be lost, the only thing that will keep this game alive is through the Test of Time, and once people puts the hype sunglasses off, and see how this game suffers (or at least some, depending on their perspective), i'm sure this is gonna be looked upon more realistically and objectively than right now.

Hell, even the Game Awards seem to not take quite the hype train with this game, Rocket Launcher and Witcher 3 took all of the categories where Undertale was, as the best Indie (Rocket Launcher) and best rpg (Witcher 3) of the year, now that i have this thing off my head, i can finally relax a little bit, again, i don't think this is a bad game, hell, i think this game is pretty damn enjoyable by itself, but for me, is only enjoyable if i overlook these cryptic things that, really bothers me, and puts me off to ever play the game again, i might give it a re-try once everyone tits are calmed, but for now, I just wanted to say all that i wanted in this post, I didn't meant to sound offensive and rude towards anyone who likes this game, I just posted what i thought, so, no hard feelings, as long as we can keep a normal and civilized topic, gladly, I'll respond with what i can, just don't take too seriously this post, as this is, again, all of my opinion.

Can you make a TLDR version? Also, did you play the game or just read about it? I have a general idea about it but have generally ignored it, an effective method of avoiding hype backlash.

Y'know, i like life, i like to play videogames, i really enjoy them!, I do always recognize that a new JRPG most probably puts me in a good mood, I do not have a thing for WRPG's, i think they can (or are) pretty good by themselves, but let's cut out the crap, i'm gonna be a little more direct this time, recently, there's this game called Undertale, where, i know, it's the one game the entire internet adores, it's the one game everyone is gonna lose their shit for it, it's that game where it's popularity so high, that i don't know exactly what are the limits this game will, or can have.

Usually, I do not want to share thoughts regarding this game, not because i'm a Silent Hater or something, hell, i don't hate this game by per se, is just that, whenever i would like to talk about this game, calmly, with a person, is pretty much impossible without them going "AND YOU REMEMBER THAT BLABLABLABLA!!!", I have been pointed that this game has the Steven Universe Syndrome, it's a good piece of media, with a shitty and overhyped community, and because talking about the flaws this game may or may not have is like heresy in the name of the gaming community.

Okay, first of all, this is a videogame, not the second coming of Jesus, second, I do think that if a group of people have the rights to talk positively about a game, another group might think on the contrary, and thirdly, because is a game is so beloved inside a big group of people, that doesn't mean it guarantees no criticisms towards the other kind of people who may not like this game for several reasons, some people may experience Hype Backlash with this game (For more information, consult on TV Tropes).

Usually i chicken out, and i don't talk about this game, but i wondered myself "For how long will i keep these thoughts only on my head" so i thought that it might be a little healthier to actually express what i feel about this game, take note, this is not a review nor this is a general description about the game from, what i gathered, these are just some of the problems i encountered with this game, this is all personal opinion, so you may agree or not with me, depending in how you interpret my point of view, in the end, the only truth is that... we don't know it.

Now, if you want to share criticisms or a review about a game you've heard plenty of good things about that's fine, but if you want people to take you seriously... you probably shouldn't start in a way that makes you sound biased from the start. You could save it for the end and say "I feel like, despite people enjoying this game a lot, they should take a more critical look at certain aspects" or "As a result of these decisions, the game doesn't appeal to me as much as it has with such a large amount of its audience." If you start the thing complaining about how much people talk about it, you just end up sounding whiny and biased. And even if you're not being whiny and biased, nor am I saying you are, no one wants to read something by someone who sounds whiny and biased.

Edited by maybe

You could have also posted your thoughts under a spoiler tag in the 'Undertale' thread that was already made awhile ago.

Nothing wrong with liking a game, there's nothing wrong with being put off by an aspect of it that challenges what you're used to in previous RPGs. But I think comparing Undertale and SMT is like comparing apples and oranges because they're both pretty different games that handle things a lot differently.

An important aspect of Undertale is the fact that the game is challenging you to do things you wouldn't otherwise do. Usually when you beat an enemy or a boss, that's all they are to you - monsters that you kill off without much thought. But in Undertale, the game shows compassion and empathy that these enemies have because really, they have their own families and they have their own lives and it plays with the player's sense of morality which encourages the player to play nice and not with violence. And when you do decide to kill everyone, the game really makes you feel like a piece of shit. You took away the lives of monsters, you took away families and loved ones. I'll put the rest under a spoiler to cut down space.

A very interesting gimmick of the game is that if you gone down that murderous route, you can never get a proper good ending again. I won't elaborate why but you can never get a True Pacifist ending if you have done a Genocide route before. There's no way of reverting this even by playing around with the game files - the game will ALWAYS remember your past actions, whether you like it or not. That's one of the elements of Undertale that make it incredible - the fact that the game REALLY makes you feel that everything you do has permanent consequence.

And because every enemy and boss has their own charm and personality, they're going to have ACT options that reflect that and it's up to you to figure out how to please them. Isn't that what we do in real life anyway? Don't we sometimes figure out how to make people happy and how to get on people's good side? You're not going to be given the answer on a silver platter; you have to figure it out yourself.

Also the part where you're being treated like a child by Toriel - that's the point. Put yourself in the shoes of the child - would you want to be told by an adult figure that beyond this door, there are creatures that can kill you where you stand? Adults don't want kids to have to worry about things that kids shouldn't have to worry about. But the fact that you, the player, show curiosity to what's in the basement, that's when Toriel can't hide the truth anymore. To add on, kids are also very curious so sometimes that curiosity can lead them into dangerous situations (as such what happened with Toriel). And she actually DOESN'T try to kill you because if you're left with 2 HP or so in her turn, her attacks won't be able to hit you at all which suggests she's not intentionally trying to hurt you but she's also testing to see if you have enough will power (or Determination) to face the rest of the Underground.

The puzzles aren't even supposed to be creative or interesting (heck, you can even ask Papyrus for the answer to one of them and he'll just solve it for you). The simple puzzles are there to keep the player going, at least that's what I thought. Even I didn't think the puzzles were great, but they were enough to keep me on my toes.

I'm not hating on your opinion by any means but I'm just providing another perspective and outlook of how I, and many other people from what I've seen, have interpreted the game.

And when it doubt, it doesn't hurt to check out the Undertale wiki if there are part of the story that you're still unsure about.

Edited by carefreejules

Now, if you want to share criticisms or a review about a game you've heard plenty of good things about that's fine, but if you want people to take you seriously... you probably shouldn't start in a way that makes you sound biased from the start. You could save it for the end and say "I feel like, despite people enjoying this game a lot, they should take a more critical look at certain aspects" or "As a result of these decisions, the game doesn't appeal to me as much as it has with such a large amount of its audience." If you start the thing complaining about how much people talk about it, you just end up sounding whiny and biased. And even if you're not being whiny and biased, nor am I saying you are, no one wants to read something by someone who sounds whiny and biased.

Again, these were thoughts i had with the game, if people find it biased or not, is up to them, I wasn't going to bash the game or say how much it sucks, i just wanted to be clear with these things that, couldn't even let me sleep!, so, I just make all of that long post, just to be freed of all the things i had with the game, I appreciate your concern about how i start a Thread, but this is my way to do so, is up to people to interpret how i write these posts, "Is this guy doing it for attention?" or "Is this guy doing it because he legitimately had problems with this game?" things like that.

You could have also posted your thoughts under a spoiler tag in the 'Undertale' thread that was already made awhile ago.

Nothing wrong with liking a game, there's nothing wrong with being put off by an aspect of it that challenges what you're used to in previous RPGs. But I think comparing Undertale and SMT is like comparing apples and oranges because they're both pretty different games that handle things a lot differently.

An important aspect of Undertale is the fact that the game is challenging you to do things you wouldn't otherwise do. Usually when you beat an enemy or a boss, that's all they are to you - monsters that you kill off without much thought. But in Undertale, the game shows compassion and empathy that these enemies have because really, they have their own families and they have their own lives and it plays with the player's sense of morality which encourages the player to play nice and not with violence. And when you do decide to kill everyone, the game really makes you feel like a piece of shit. You took away the lives of monsters, you took away families and loved ones. I'll put the rest under a spoiler to cut down space.

A very interesting gimmick of the game is that if you gone down that murderous route, you can never get a proper good ending again. I won't elaborate why but you can never get a True Pacifist ending if you have done a Genocide route before. There's no way of reverting this even by playing around with the game files - the game will ALWAYS remember your past actions, whether you like it or not. That's one of the elements of Undertale that make it incredible - the fact that the game REALLY makes you feel that everything you do has permanent consequence.

And because every enemy and boss has their own charm and personality, they're going to have ACT options that reflect that and it's up to you to figure out how to please them. Isn't that what we do in real life anyway? Don't we sometimes figure out how to make people happy and how to get on people's good side? You're not going to be given the answer on a silver platter; you have to figure it out yourself.

Also the part where you're being treated like a child by Toriel - that's the point. Put yourself in the shoes of the child - would you want to be told by an adult figure that beyond this door, there are creatures that can kill you where you stand? Adults don't want kids to have to worry about things that kids shouldn't have to worry about. But the fact that you, the player, show curiosity to what's in the basement, that's when Toriel can't hide the truth anymore. To add on, kids are also very curious so sometimes that curiosity can lead them into dangerous situations (as such what happened with Toriel). And she actually DOESN'T try to kill you because if you're left with 2 HP or so in her turn, her attacks won't be able to hit you at all which suggests she's not intentionally trying to hurt you but she's also testing to see if you have enough will power (or Determination) to face the rest of the Underground.

The puzzles aren't even supposed to be creative or interesting (heck, you can even ask Papyrus for the answer to one of them and he'll just solve it for you). The simple puzzles are there to keep the player going, at least that's what I thought. Even I didn't think the puzzles were great, but they were enough to keep me on my toes.

I'm not hating on your opinion by any means but I'm just providing another perspective and outlook of how I, and many other people from what I've seen, have interpreted the game.

And when it doubt, it doesn't hurt to check out the Undertale wiki if there are part of the story that you're still unsure about.

Thanks for your nice answer, i'm gonna put my response in a spoiler, to not drag this for too long.

Doubtfully i'll check the Undertale Wikia, not because i think it will be bad, but because the way it does things don't, seem to connect for me, I understood what you were saying about the enemy's families, the empathy, and how you should treat the enemies, but, again, this doesn't seem to answer my question, if i have the possibility to run battles, why should i care about the other enemies?, Why should i feel empathy for the things that are trying to kill me?, i'm gonna be as far as to say, if they want me to feel empathy for them, minimum, each enemy (of the same type) should have a clear motivation in what to do.

All the enemies in the game, except for some, only has like, one or two lines of dialogue, you're given the choice of 4 answers, you put the right answer, cleanse and repeat, this gets tiring, I do understand that eventually the game will reward me for this, but in all honest, i don't feel bad in killing enemies, specially since they are putting their life to kill me, it doesn't matter if you have families, it doesn't matter if you are the son of God or whatever, if you try to kill me, of course that the natural way to do things is to respond, like it or not.

The way the game punishes you for trying to defend yourself is inexcusable, if they don't want to be killed or hurt, they shouldn't approach me to begin with, if the game really records all the actions I've done during the whole thing, then the enemies should know that, whenever someone is in my way, i'm gonna try to defeat them, and they shouldn't do anything at all, that's how you put things in real life, if there is a threat around you, the logical thing is to either escape, or fight if you don't have options.

The protagonist doesn't look like the kind of person who would want to kill everybody, but if the game allows me to do so, then i should be rewarded for at least doing the logical thing, this is why i so much disagree with this game logic, because it doesn't work for me, and i'm comparing SMT with this game because, yeah, they are different, the plot is totally different, the setting is totally different, but the mechanic of talking, as i said before, was something that Fox take to make this game.

And naturally, comparisons arise, you took something from an old game, you can't expect it to not be compared at all, Demons in SMT fought all individually because, for starters, they have achieved what they wanted, they have done what they had to do in a past life, so, all that is left for them is to fight, because you already know what they did, if in Undertale every enemy still has things to do, then they shouldn't try to attack someone randomly, putting their lives in the betting.

That's just, plain stupid, i don't have any other word to put it this real, naturally, this is my perception of the game, if you agree or not is up to you, is just that, considering the amount of potential this game could have had, it saddens me that this game does it in such a unpleasant way, is not even funny to me, but again, maybe some people like to do it this way, and they don't bother at all with this, but as for me, that's not the case, i respect everyone's opinion as long as they don't offend or insult anyone, i'm fine with it.

Now with the plot is, okay, you are a child, she threatens you like that because of the monsters, and things, and shalalala, but if you're gonna show the truth, don't do it in such a cryptic way, if this game at least gave me the opportunity to stay with Toriel, rather than just forcefully go to see how are things beyond, then it should have been fine, but no, she only reveals all of this in the last minute, which, again, it doesn't make sense for me, but well, my perception of things will be different.

As for the bosses, again, i know i have to please them in order to go ahead with the game, because as for your logic "You please everyone in real life to get rewarded!, or at least agreed with them", but the thing is, why are you comparing this game with real life?, secondly, real life doesn't work that way at all, you don't try to please everyone, you just try to be nice but direct with them, and this game is all the opposite of that, you have to drag on and drag on until someone agrees with you, you can't just simply be direct with the monsters without them going apeshit for something like that.

In real life, you just please or agree with the persons you feel they deserve it, not with random enemies that try to kill you, if someone was trying to kill me, the least thing i would do is reason with it, unless i want a knife on my stomach, or a bullet in my head, this game takes everything it has to do with fiction, but in such a childish and unrealistic way, and to put the cherry on the cake, each enemy is pretty simple, outside of one or two gags that identify them (Like the Tsundere Plane, that is, obviously, Tsundere), they aren't that deep beyond that.

People in real life have more motives than that, people in real life does things in different ways, don't compare humans to fictional monsters, since most of them (at least in this game) are just stereotypes or parodies of certain things from the internet, that are only identified by one or two gags, people are beyond tropes, much more beyond than what you can imagine, the things in Undertale are limited, as by such, it shouldn't even be compared to something logical, since it tries to do it not, in the way that works

Seems that i'll still have problems with the game regardless, i appreciate what you tried to show me though.

I think it can be a two way street here because how I live my life is going to be different to how you live your life. I was generally speaking from personal experience so my explanation probably came out a bias but no matter what, there are going to be people in the world who are going to try to please everyone, though it's impossible, people like that do exist. I used to be like that. I know many people who used to be like that. But that's besides the point.

But what I'm saying is that, yeah, when you come across enemies, it's a natural instinct to want to fight back because they're being hostile, but you're doing the exact same thing by being hostile back. The ACT options serve as a "It's OK. I'm not going to hurt you." and eventually, the enemy will surrender. That's what, I think, the game is trying to test. No matter how many enemies you encounter, no matter how much hostility they may have towards you, do you have the heart, the soul, to spare every single one? Maybe I'm just a merciful person and I don't like conflicts and violence so that's probably why I feel that way. Of course, if someone was being hostile towards me, I would defend myself but I wouldn't resort to violence because everyone is facing their own battles and sometimes slowly talking to them will calm them down. That was my approach to facing all the enemies. We all lash out, we're all violent at times, heck, sometimes we take it out on other people, but sometimes we just need someone to listen to us no matter how stubborn we are.

Remember, you are a human child wandering in a territory filled with nothing but monsters - wouldn't you act cautious if someone, the very species, that sealed you away Underground, started waltzing in your den? Naturally, they're going to defend themselves because on impulse, they're going to assume you're going to fuck shit up. They're not going to immediately be all buddy buddy with you, right?

I'd also have to strongly disagree that the characters are just tropes. Yes, they may seem like that on the surface but if you actually take the time to think about their past actions, they're more than just tropes but again, if that's how you see the characters, then I can't force you to think otherwise. There are many people out there who relate greatly to these cast of characters. Papyrus is someone who just wants to be given recognition, Alphys is battling depression from the irreversible mistakes she made in the past, Sans is someone who gave up caring about the world because he knows that even if they do make it out of the Underground, he knows that the main protag will just reset everything all over again - those don't sound like trope characters to me.

That is the say, I'm the type of person who can easily sympathize with other people, regardless if I know them or not. If you're not that kind of person, of course you're not going to feel that way. That doesn't make you a bad person in the slightest but it just means that you'd prefer if the game played with empathy and compassion differently that maybe then you would feel something.

Edited by carefreejules

I can see your point regarding the bosses, but you didn't understood me, i wasn't talking about the bosses, heck gurl, just see how long and long i was talking about Toriel's reasons in several paragraphs, and she is just one boss, the rest of the major plot character, and most bosses are some well written characters, the catch i see is that they weren't expanded that well, probably because of how short this game is, but giving the fact that this is a game made by one guy, i can understand.

What i was talking about is with the common enemies, you said before that the point of this game is to make empathy with the enemies and things, but the thing is, Why should i make empathy with enemies that all look the same (for example, all the "X" monsters will look the same, because this is an RPG), and that basically, outside of one or two gags, you don't have much more else to work with, you talked about the families of these enemies and all but, why should i care about them if they risk their life by trying to kill me?.

But again, this thing about "Kill or not to kill?" is probably going to other branches, i know this game is being starred by a Kid lost in a place he doesn't know about, but attacking someone without any previous advice, or just doing it for the sake of it, is just plain bad, Having the heart to spare every single enemy in the game?, i would if again, "X" enemy would agree with the same shit i said with the other "X" enemy i talked not too long ago, essentially making each enemy a trope, because they don't try to do things outside of what they are working with.

If i want to spare an enemy, then they should have also the determination to attack me and kill me, despite potentially risking their lives for it, each enemy that tries to kill me is risking their life, they should have already know the consequences of attacking unknown enemies, for example, let's say that i confront 100 enemies of the same type, I kill 50 of them, but i spare the other half, again, what was the whole point of this?, why couldn't i just confront one enemy, tell them that i don't want to attack them, they run, they tell the others to not attack me, and everyone's happy.

This is what the game does wrong, if i already spared one enemy of one type, why should i spare another when i just spared another not too long ago?, let alone the caring for them since most of the enemies (Not counting bosses or major plot characters, as i said before) are just characters only identified by one or two gags, essentially making each one in a trope character?, oh, and that's without counting the talking method with the bosses, which is unclear, why should i press the "Talk" button multiple times until i get a different answer?, even Einstein said that doing the same thing to get a different result is stupid, and in this case, i agree with him.

In real life, you just don't talk to a person or try to have a talk with them multiple times, most people are too stubborn to talk, or some just simply don't want to, and they live fine with it, not everyone wants to be listened by someone, there's always the fear of "What will this person, or others say about me?" "What should i do if i tell them something that i shouldn't?", there are plenty of things in this world, that should only be listened if you really trust that person, and in this case, the monsters from Undertale (the common enemies, again) are just, "I'm gonna kill you" "Player: I don't think so, i agree that you're beautiful" "Oh thanks!, you're so nice ♪, goodbye".

And that's how are most enemies in this game, if they are that stupid to believe in a child that the only thing that he did, was to agree with them, then they are too stupid too live to begin with, and this makes me care even less about the enemies, making the "Talk" option something that, in the end, tires me, if the game gives me a shit ton of good things just by replying the same "good" answer to the same enemy over and over, then i would prefer to have a good ending by killing everyone, so for that, less stupidity is around.