• Tana
    • Vanessa
    • Syrene

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tana. I'd like the other two better if their hair wasn't a such a nasty shade of green. I don't think any of them are particularly appealing as characters.

Syrene. I like her support with Gilliam, and I tend to use heavy mounted unit parties so I don't often have room to really devote to either Tana or Vanessa a lot of the time. (I like using the other paladins as support options for Ephraim and Eirika, who both get used always for me as they obliterate things, and Seth usually tags along because he's a lot like Titania in FE9 except that when you just plug through the actual stages, he's super helpful for the chapters where enemies jump up, like, 5 levels at a time.)

They all end up just about equal with each other, anyway, so I find they are relatively interchangable in battle. Syrene's growths are almost identical to Vanessa's, she just comes as if she were a Vanessa promoted at level 10 instead of 20. I always make all three Falcon Knights because Triangle Attacks are amazing.

Hard to say, but Tana gets my vote. She is usually a bit more reliable than Vanessa...

Do I even need to say the other reason?

Tana, obviously... Vanessa's nice too, but Tana is just that little bit nicer and better.

Vanessa completely destroys Tana until end-game, where Tana becomes slightly better.

Hard to say, but Tana gets my vote. She is usually a bit more reliable than Vanessa...

Do I even need to say the other reason?

How is Tana more reliable than Vanessa? She joins incredibly underleveled, goes completely supportless in Eirika's route, and requires much more babying. It is closer in Ephraim's route, where Tana can get Ephraim A, Cormag B, but that's only half the time.

Vanessa has the best support combination in the series, giving her arguably the best durability and offense in the game. She blows Tana out of the water for almost the entire game.

Vanessa completely destroys Tana until end-game, where Tana becomes slightly better.

How is Tana more reliable than Vanessa? She joins incredibly underleveled, goes completely supportless in Eirika's route, and requires much more babying. It is closer in Ephraim's route, where Tana can get Ephraim A, Cormag B, but that's only half the time.

Vanessa has the best support combination in the series, giving her arguably the best durability and offense in the game. She blows Tana out of the water for almost the entire game.

You just don't bother with her, I guess. Tana, even in my hard mode runthrough without any form of abusing, I got her caught up to Vanessa in no time. Both her and Vanessa are very reliable. Before you continue about how her supports are better, I just don't give a crap about them, to be blunt. I will not agree on your comment that "She blows Tana out of the water for almost the entire game" no matter how much you try to debate it, because it just doesn't happen to people who know how to use a unit and are able to raise a unit quickly and efficiently.

Also, the topic asks which do we "like" more. We have our personal opinions and experiences with Tana, so don't go challenging them. It just pisses people off. You have your opinion that you like Vanessa the most, and other people like Tana or maybe even Syrene. This ends now, please. For this thread, anyway.

You just don't bother with her, I guess. Tana, even in my hard mode runthrough without any form of abusing, I got her caught up to Vanessa in no time. Both her and Vanessa are very reliable. Before you continue about how her supports are better, I just don't give a crap about them, to be blunt. I will not agree on your comment that "She blows Tana out of the water for almost the entire game" no matter how much you try to debate it, because it just doesn't happen to people who know how to use a unit and are able to raise a unit quickly and efficiently.

Also, the topic asks which do we "like" more. We have our personal opinions and experiences with Tana, so don't go challenging them. It just pisses people off. You have your opinion that you like Vanessa the most, and other people like Tana or maybe even Syrene. This ends now, please. For this thread, anyway.

I use Tana every playthrough; she's one of my favourite fliers. Vanessa has about an 8 level lead by the time Tana joins, even higher on Ephraim's route. Raising Tana is quite difficult with her horrible fragility, while Vanessa gets +5 Attack and Defense from Moulder A, Lute B. Supports are essential in determining character usefullness; a character with less than stellar stats can still be good when supported.

Tana isn't raised quickly or efficiently. Her joining chapter in Eirika's route has many Pirates and a few Archers, with a Sniper. Ephraim's has tons of Cavaliers, so she's better off there.

Except that you claimed that Tana was the superior character, which she is not. I actually prefer Tana, but Vanessa is considerably better.

There's your answer. You should base your answer on your opinion, not "facts".

Except I posted here because you said that Tana is the superior character, which is false. >__<

Except I posted here because you said that Tana is the superior character, which is false. >__<

But many believe it's true. It's opinion, and you need to accept other people's opinions. You rambling on about supports and all that will not make people change their minds about who their favourite unit is. People have better Tana's than Vanessa's alot of the time, and just generally like her character more as a whole, and nobody is able to deny them of that fact.

But many believe it's true. It's opinion, and you need to accept other people's opinions. You rambling on about supports and all that will not make people change their minds about who their favourite unit is. People have better Tana's than Vanessa's alot of the time, and just generally like her character more as a whole, and nobody is able to deny them of that fact.

I don't care about favourites; that's subjective. However, you said that Tana is the better character, which has been proven false. Vanessa maintains a huge level lead and has incredible and reliable supports. Tana does not.

Really, Karla is one of my favourite characters, yet I know she's awful. Oh yeah, and PEMN.

I don't care about favourites; that's subjective. However, you said that Tana is the better character, which has been proven false. Vanessa maintains a huge level lead and has incredible and reliable supports. Tana does not.

Really, Karla is one of my favourite characters, yet I know she's awful. Oh yeah, and PEMN.

I believe Tana is the better character. Nothing you say or do will change my opinion. Fact.

I believe Tana is the better character. Nothing you say or do will change my opinion. Fact.

Give five logical reasons why Tana is better than Vanessa, then. I'll give five logical reasons why Vanessa is superior.

1. Vanessa is around longer, aiding the team for more chapters.

2. Vanessa will gain levels before Tana joins and promote earlier, becoming stronger.

3. Vanessa's supports are the best in the series by bonuses, making her a powerful tank.

4. Vanessa keeps Ross alive in Chapter 2, and is the best candidate for rescuing the Villages in Chapter 5 and Civilians in Chapter 6, giving a Guiding Ring and Orion's Bolt.

5. Vanessa isn't completely useless upon joining.

Now you?

Your points are valid, there's nothing wrong with them. I like Vanessa myself, but Tana turns out to be the better unit quite quickly. I also like her as a character moreso than I do Vanessa, too. Vanessa is good, but Tana turns out better. She can also pair up with Cormag, and the two of them can cover large areas of the map together, which is something else I often do.

I don't care about favourites; that's subjective.

Read the fucking original post, dude. We don't care that you don't care about favorites, because that is what the thread is about.

Also personal experience means everything. I've explained that before but you refused to listen to my logic.