Tana Vanessa or Syrene

SS pegs!  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Tana
    • Vanessa
    • Syrene

Give five logical reasons why Tana is better than Vanessa, then. I'll give five logical reasons why Vanessa is superior.

1. Vanessa is around longer, aiding the team for more chapters.

2. Vanessa will gain levels before Tana joins and promote earlier, becoming stronger.

3. Vanessa's supports are the best in the series by bonuses, making her a powerful tank.

4. Vanessa keeps Ross alive in Chapter 2, and is the best candidate for rescuing the Villages in Chapter 5 and Civilians in Chapter 6, giving a Guiding Ring and Orion's Bolt.

5. Vanessa isn't completely useless upon joining.

Now you?

dammit SS, stop debating on every fucking thread. We do have threads where it's solely on favorite and not for stats or bonuses or shit like that. Knock it off

Fuck it. Im done making topics in the FE boards. This shit ALWAYS happens

Yeah I hear ya man...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

._.

Fuck it. Im done making topics in the FE boards. This shit ALWAYS happens.

SS, do you see what you've done here? Isn't it fucking obvious we aren't big on debates? We don't give a fuck about what you have to say to "prove" who's better. Some will think Tana is better, and you have no right to tell them they're wrong.

Can't you just ignore him when he's debating, then? -_- Some of us WANT to debate.

Do it in a thread which specifically says "debating wanted". MaSu didn't want any debates going on here, only opinions. If you, or anyone else, wants to debate this, go and make a new topic on it, because an opinionated thread is not the place for debates. And then people who don't want to debate it will not get caught in any crossfire as debates start firing in an opinionated thread, because that's what's happening.

Tana, obviously... Vanessa's nice too, but Tana is just that little bit nicer and better.
I've always had a thing for Tana, I don't know why. She usually performs just as well as Vanessa... And Syrene sucks.
Hard to say, but Tana gets my vote. She is usually a bit more reliable than Vanessa...

Do I even need to say the other reason?

You just don't bother with her, I guess. Tana, even in my hard mode runthrough without any form of abusing, I got her caught up to Vanessa in no time. Both her and Vanessa are very reliable. Before you continue about how her supports are better, I just don't give a crap about them, to be blunt. I will not agree on your comment that "She blows Tana out of the water for almost the entire game" no matter how much you try to debate it, because it just doesn't happen to people who know how to use a unit and are able to raise a unit quickly and efficiently.

Also, the topic asks which do we "like" more. We have our personal opinions and experiences with Tana, so don't go challenging them. It just pisses people off. You have your opinion that you like Vanessa the most, and other people like Tana or maybe even Syrene. This ends now, please. For this thread, anyway.

SS, do you see what you've done here? Isn't it fucking obvious we aren't big on debates? We don't give a fuck about what you have to say to "prove" who's better. Some will think Tana is better, and you have no right to tell them they're wrong.

Read the above quotes. Notice the use of terms such as "better", "best", "good", "More reliable", etc. That means that people are saying that they think X character is better. Why shouldn't he be able to debate? Now, if they had stuck to "I prefer", then it's fine, but as soon as someone says that one character is "better" than another or something, they open themselves up to debate. You guys seem to really hate SS for this, but it really isn't that bad.

Either ignore him, learn debating, or just avoid phrases like "best".

Vanessa, because of uber supports, stats, availability, flier utility and... that was it XD

And if you don't like it that some of us are debating here, and you want us to stop, then please say so in a nice manner. When you people say things like "fucking stop debating" then it's indeed less likely that we'll listen, especially if even a moderator says that.

Edited by Tino

Read the above quotes. Notice the use of terms such as "better", "best", "good", "More reliable", etc. That means that people are saying that they think X character is better. Why shouldn't he be able to debate? Now, if they had stuck to "I prefer", then it's fine, but as soon as someone says that one character is "better" than another or something, they open themselves up to debate. You guys seem to really hate SS for this, but it really isn't that bad.

Either ignore him, learn debating, or just avoid phrases like "best".

No one stated it in a challenging way. In fact, from the people you quoted, no one even placed Tana as a definite winner, just that they prefer her.

And if you don't like it that some of us are debating here, and you want us to stop, then please say so in a nice manner. When you people say things like "fucking stop debating" then it's indeed less likely that we'll listen, especially if even a moderator says that.

I and others have asked nicely, and have clearly stated that we don't want debates (Look at the "Which do you LIKE more"), yet, whenever we say something you disagree with, you come out and say "You're wrong, and here's why." Can you not see how that pisses us off?

No one stated it in a challenging way. In fact, from the people you quoted, no one even placed Tana as a definite winner, just that they prefer her.

I and others have asked nicely, and have clearly stated that we don't want debates (Look at the "Which do you LIKE more"), yet, whenever we say something you disagree with, you come out and say "You're wrong, and here's why." Can you not see how that pisses us off?

No, I don't see how that pisses you off. You could just state "I see what you mean, but I prefer Tana because ______".

And I'd like to add to that that if someone states something that is false, then of course someone else can argue against that statement, whether you like it or not. This may sound rude, but it's reality/truth/whatever.

And I'd like to add to that that if someone states something that is false, then of course someone else can argue against that statement, whether you like it or not. This may sound rude, but it's reality/truth/whatever/completely stupid because nothing is "false"

I think I made my point

No, I don't see how that pisses you off. You could just state "I see what you mean, but I prefer Tana because ______".

You don't?

Me: "I like *character*. I think he/she is pretty good."

Debator: "Well, you're wrong, and these are the reasons why."

Does it look like I was asking for that? I like my opinions, and I don't appreciate people telling me they're wrong.

And I'd like to add to that that if someone states something that is false, then of course someone else can argue against that statement, whether you like it or not. This may sound rude, but it's reality/truth/whatever.

It's not FALSE if it's an opinion, so no, you can't really argue it, because it isn't there to be argued. You can state why you disagree, but that doesn't make your side absolute truth. Quit acting like your word is law or something.

Some of you guys should really read the Tale of the Bikeshed, particularly the italicized clause at the top.

None of the debators here have ever said "Don't use ____, they suck! Use ______ instead!" They merely were saying that Character A, on average, is better than Character B.

Fox: Please quote whoever said anything like that.

If you'd been reading the topics, you'd know. 16 is an exaggeration.

I read the topics you speak of. In fact, I'm one of the people who argue with you about this daily.

Why do you care so much, may I ask? If someone says something like that, the best thing would probably be to say "I still prefer _______."

I read the topics you speak of. In fact, I'm one of the people who argue with you about this daily.

Why do you care so much, may I ask? If someone says something like that, the best thing would probably be to say "I still prefer _______."

I generally try that, but I've also stated that it's one of my pet peeves when people treat opinion as fact, which is what they constantly do. That is why I care, and that's why I'm not stopping. Call it stubbornness, integrity, whatever you want, I'll stand until the end and won't be knocked down.

What one considers a fact and what another considers a fact are two completely different things. When debating, it's clear which character is superior in most cases.

That's a strange way of putting facts. Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, this isn't exactly a debate board. We've stated multiple times how we don't want debates in certain threads, and then look at what happens... Not every statement, every opinion, needs challenging.

That's a strange way of putting facts. Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, this isn't exactly a debate board. We've stated multiple times how we don't want debates in certain threads, and then look at what happens... Not every statement, every opinion, needs challenging.

I agree how there's no need to debate in a thread that clearly states "This is just personal prefrence." but most threads don't do that. :/

Tana, obviously... Vanessa's nice too, but Tana is just that little bit nicer and better.

Raven states that Tana > Vanessa, and that statement was challenged, not his opinion.

Raven states that Tana > Vanessa, and that statement was challenged, not his opinion.

If you can't find the understood "IMO" in his statement, especially with things he's already said... God, I'm not even going there. If he had said something along the lines of "Tana is obviously better, Vanessa just sucks," that would be a different case.

Tana, OBVIOUSLY... Vanessa's nice too, but Tana is just that little bit nicer and better.

<_<

So he indeed said that Tana is obviously better.

<_<

So he indeed said that Tana is obviously better.

I'll admit I missed that when typing my reply. He still said Vanessa is good though, and it's not like he said it in a way that no one should be allowed to think otherwise.

He said that Tana was obviously better, and that statement was challenged by SS, so I honestly don't see your point. Of course others can have different views on the matter, but that doesn't change that Tana is not "obviously better".