If You Could "Revive" a Game Series, Which One Would You Choose?

CooledEvergreen

Over the years, many game series' have been discontinued or abandoned. There is a variety of causes, companies have become bankrupt, games have a cult following but aren't financially successful and so on. Despite this, there are fans that want these series' to be continued, maybe because they believe it had potential, or maybe it's because the last game in the series ended on a cliffhanger that needs continuing, which leads me to the question presented in this topic: if you could "revive" a game series (this can be anything from a new title to a remake or to an international release), which one would you choose?

For me, it would be the Mother series. I know they've said they are done with the series, but I would love to see another title with it's unique dialogue, or an international release of Mother 3 or a remake of one of the titles.

Edited by CooledEvergreen

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also love to see the Mother series make a come back and I feel it would be the best way to pay tribute to Iwata, since he made EarthBound possible with his coding.

Streets of Rage. I love the series so much. And its one of the ones I would really push for Sega remaking or creating something similar. Also Alex Kid you know Sega's original mascot. It be nice to see them remember that series.

The day they revive Spyro, Crash, most classic Rareware franchises, classic PC adventure games like Monkey Island, some actually good aventure games by telltalegames, Outcast, Turok and some other franchises from the 90s.. balance will be restored to the universe.

So far I'm seeing a fair amount of F-Zero responses and childhood memory/90s responses. Makes sense, considering the circumstances of F-Zero not seeing a release in a while with Captain Falcon being very popular and childhood memories/90s being popular responses because nostalgia.

Zero Escape/9 hours 9 persons 9 doors. The first game is AMAZING, the second is subjective, and the third one is stuck in development hell. While we did get some news on ZE3 a while ago, I just wish it was more popular, because overall I think its one of the greatest games I've ever played. I don't normally buy games to play for myself-- I prefer let's plays- but I bought Virtue's Last Reward and enjoyed it. I'll probably do the same for ZE3 if it ever comes out in my lifetime.