How difficult is Conquest - Hard?

solrocknroll

So I'm planning on doing a no-reclass, Hard Mode run, and I'm wondering if it's even feasible. I want to use about 15 units, and thus I'd like to know if anything works. I will use Seals to go from one promotion to another, as I know that Niles and Lazward would want Kunaibreaker and then I'd want them to go Adventurer and Brave Hero.

Team:

1. Corrin - Dark Blood

2. Azura - Songstress

3. Xander - Paladin

4. Camilla - Malig Knight

5. Leo - Dark Knight

6. Elise - Strategist

7. Jakob - Butler

8. Kaze - Elite Ninja

9. Niles - Adventurer

10. Benoit - General

11. Arthur - Berserker

12. Lazward - Brave Hero

13. Pieri - Great Knight?

14. Nyx - Sorcerer

15. Flannel - Managarm

Also, I'm planning on marrying Jakob and possibly using Deere as backup. I'm guessing that I'm reaching a unit ceiling? Would I be dispersing EXP too thin? A lot of games I tend to use the maximum amount of units that can be used, but I know games like Path of Radiance are way easier even on Hard. I also know that I'm using people like Benoit and Pieri who are probably bad, but I'd just like to see what people who have played the game have to say.

EXP is enough for 15+1 units in Lunatic.But Lunatic seems to have more enemies so I don't know how about Hard.

Maybe you need to gain EXP in child paralogues between endgame chapters. By Kamui X Jakob you will have at least two: Kanna and Deere.

Kunaibreaker are useful in Ch25. Having Kunaibreaker to dodge tank ninjas makes the right side of this map much easier.

Faster units with bows are better choice for this job, so Niles is fine but Lazward isn't.

As Pieri&Lazward are both in you team, Bow Knight Pieri can also be a better kunaibreaker for Ch25.

Though you are going to bench them later, I think you need train Effie and Silas for early game because of Ch10.

Benoit is easy to use, but hard to get perfect results for some play style.

Pieri is just hard to use.

EXP is enough for 15+1 units in Lunatic.But Lunatic seems to have more enemies so I don't know how about Hard.

Maybe you need to gain EXP in child paralogues between endgame chapters. By Kamui X Jakob you will have at least two: Kanna and Deere.

Kunaibreaker are useful in Ch25. Having Kunaibreaker to dodge tank ninjas makes the right side of this map much easier.

Faster units with bows are better choice for this job, so Niles is fine but Lazward isn't.

As Pieri&Lazward are both in you team, Bow Knight Pieri can also be a better kunaibreaker for Ch25.

Though you are going to bench them later, I think you need train Effie and Silas for early game because of Ch10.

Benoit is easy to use, but hard to get perfect results for some play style.

Pieri is just hard to use.

For Silas vs Pieri, I'm planning on using Silas on Birthright so that's why I'm choosing the harder to use one. It's similar to how I'm using Saizou in Birthright and Kaze in Conquest.

For the record, I find RD's Normal (Japanese Hard) easy and Awakening's Hard difficult is that's any way to gauge me.

For Silas vs Pieri, I'm planning on using Silas on Birthright so that's why I'm choosing the harder to use one. It's similar to how I'm using Saizou in Birthright and Kaze in Conquest.

For the record, I find RD's Normal (Japanese Hard) easy and Awakening's Hard difficult is that's any way to gauge me.

It has nothing to do with the topic of "Silas Vs Pieri": Pieri joins at chapter 12 while you need Silas at chapter 10.

Chapter 10 is very difficult and most units on you list are not available at that time.

After that you can easily start to bench anyone you don't want to use.

Edited by Tooru

If you find Awakening Hard difficult, I would go for Conquest Normal. Conquest Hard is harder than Awakening Hard.

If you find Awakening Hard difficult, I would go for Conquest Normal. Conquest Hard is harder than Awakening Hard.

Well, who knows. for example i had problems in only like 2 missions, when Mirabelle joins (oh god, please no), and when Matoi Cordelia joins, couldn't pull those 2 off.

Later chapters weren't that difficult imo.

Speaking of which, this is a question that may be good for mileage for me as well; except in my case it pertains to Lunatic rather than Hard as I plan to run through both games at the get-go from release on Lunatic Chapter for Chapter from the split and blind for the most part (aside of little details in each chapter I may want to make note of). Makes me curious whether or not Nohr's, and at times Hoshido by extension ala AI, Lunatic is more difficult than Awakening's, as I've completed Awakening on Lunatic (and eventually will run a L+ run). As for what I found difficult, the most trouble I had with Awakening's Lunatic was chapter 3 as that was the only chapter where I relied on my own personal intuition (as well as a bunch of resets after just one death) to get past without any casualties really difficult. As for the first two, I used guides for those, while anything after chapter 3 I just simply DLC scummed. This time around I don't want to be DLC scumming (or at least, not as much) like I did in Awakening which eventually made Awakening's Lunatic pretty trivial for the most part aside of endgame content.

Also, If it counts for anything, after resetting a good number of times, as well as decent stat grinding for enough units, the first time I actually succeeded in obtaining Limit Breaker felt like a moderately difficult challenge. I ended up using good skill (not the stat) builds for characters like my MaMui in Dread Fighter, Chrom as GL, Sumia and Cordelia as DFs, Lissa as Sage w/ PALSully/ASNLon'Qu support. And PALucy/FKCynthia w/ Galeforce. Chrom and Sumia were paired (married), MU with stat capped Tiki, said Lissa's and Lucina's pair, and Cordelia got help from a capped Hero Donnel. Other notable units as support was a Sage Libra and Sorceror Henry. The strategy was having my MU tank everything on the lower right, whilst Sumia dodgetanked the middle area, Lissa heal tanked the left, and Cordy/Donny and Lucy/Cynthia took care of the upper right area and rotated down clockwise after their set was clear, same thing with MU and Sumia afterwards. All important users, primarily leads, were stat capped at the time and any support had decently built supports with their lead if not A rank by then. My eventual success ended up boiling down to a bit of RNG luck (would have not been an RNG based win if I didn't refuse to have casualties) but overall I think my plan was sound, and largely works even better now with most of the pairs now having LB to completely max their stats.

So when it comes to Nohr/Hoshido/IK Lunatic would I be experiencing similarly difficult situations where I would need methods where a select few units deal with one side of a room whilst another select few have to hold out until the vanguard taking on the other side can eventually make their way to their side? I know there are other requisites for success in chapters in all three routes aside of simple map clearing (which is what most of Awakening, DLC included, was) so I'm curious as to whether I'd be capable of tackling the challenge. Note that I've also been researching on these forums and around class-related info, My Castle, and good pairups that I'm taking into consideration so as I'd at least be prepared on the personal side of the spectrum, so that may diminish some of the challenge. Anyways, an in-depth introspective would be nice as I've only been able to play Awakening from the series' whole, and I wish I had a way to record how I generally play so that it'd be easier to get an idea of what I may be capable of. Also sorry for the wall of text.

It's near equal to Awakening Lunatic. Lunatic+ was the most unbalanced difficulty in history that we won't ever see again. It needed to be burned in a lake of fire. If your to do this difficulty, better use Benoit as he can tank better than anyone else and will need to hurilly get Defensive Formation to be helpful. Xandar doesn't need to be reclassed at all to be useful. If your to get him time, A+ him with Lazward to get him Sol. I'd get him both that and Aether as his sword is designed to absorb lifeforce after defeating a foe. Marry him to Nyx to get him Lifetaker post-game! He should get these skills...Defender, Aegis, Lifetaker, Aether and Sol. Get him NOTHING else. Camilla...I'd make her a Witch or Sorcerer to not deal with the arrow weakness as Iote's Shield ability is still not out yet. Dark Knight is a terrible class for it's terrible 28 Speed cap. Leon better be a Sorcerer than anything else. Elise should only heal and that's it! ^_~

Jakob is a great choice for his better defense that he gets above Flora and Felicia. Kaze will want to be a Swordmaster to get him Flowing Strike and Vantage as he needs these for his already bad enough defense and luck. Making him this class permanently isn't a bad idea either. Niles is vital to use for capturing to recruit enemy units. He can promote early to deal with Ch10. Arthur...ugh. His personnel already doesn't want me to use him. Better off with Charolette or someone else to be a Berserker by A+ing or marrying Charolette for. Lazward's personnel skill will come in handy. Use him. Making him a Shooter isn't a bad idea either although he'll have to marry Effie for Defensive Formation as the class is complete shit without it! If not...well then better guide him carefully and mainly have him snipe from afar. Shining Bows would be a suggestion, but you need a good magic stat for that as it is one of the only 1~2 ranged bows that you can get as the Proximity Shot skill isn't out yet! Short Bow would be the other to do at 1 range. Pieri no word for her as she is trash on harder modes for her already semi bad HP growth. Better make her a Great Knight for her HP growth to be good enough for. Nyx will probably have to re-class to Steel like a Great Knight for awhile with a Marriage Seal since her Defensive and luck issues along with HP are crap. But...she can use a Shockstick for awhile to help with that as it is a Mag based weapon. Flannel is vital to use always as he can gather you minerals (Personnel skill) and can tank better with Sol. He however fails to get good Res which is bad enough for him in Ch26. So...may want to not bring him there as he'll be an easy target for Status staves and Mag.

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

Wow, so many comments.

I mean, honestly speaking, from a basic set of rules even Lunatic is doable..doable doesn't mean easy though, and you can still get RNG screwed.

(For example, my team looks pretty impossible to follow 100%, so I'll probably have to use some characters outside my planned team until the later characters join)

It's near equal to Awakening Lunatic. Lunatic+ was the most unbalanced difficulty in history that we won't ever see again. It needed to be burned in a lake of fire. If your to do this difficulty, better use benoit as he can tank better than anyone else and will need to hurilly get Defensive Formation to be helpful. Xandar doesn't need to be reclassed at all to be useful. If your to get him time, A+ him with Lazward to get him Sol. I'd get him both that and Aether as his sword is designed to absorb lifeforce after defeating a foe. Marry him to Nyx to get him Lifetaker post-game! He should get these skills...Defender, Aegis, Lifetaker, Aether and Sol. Get him NOTHING else. Camilla...I'd make her a Witch or Sorcerer to not deal with the arrow weakness as Iote's Shield ability is still not out yet. Dark Knight is a terrible class for it's terrible 28 Speed cap. Leon better be a Sorcerer than anything else. Elise should only heal and that's it! ^_~

Jakob is a great choice for his better defense that he gets above Flora and Felicia. Kaze will want to be a Swordmaster to get him Flowing Strike and Vantage as he needs these for his already bad enough defense and luck. Making him this class permanently isn't a bad idea either. Niles is vital to use for capturing to recruit enemy units. He can promote early to deal with Ch10. Aurthur...ugh. His personnel already doesn't want me to use him. Better off with Charolette or someone else to be a Berserker by A+ing or marrying Charolette for. Lazward's Personnel will come in handy. Use him. Making him a Shooter isn't a bad idea either although he'll have to marry Effie for Defensive Formation as the class is complete shit without it! If not...well then better guide him carefully and mainly have him snipe from afar. Shining Bows would be a suggestion, but you need a good magic stat for that as it is one of the only 1~2 ranged bows that you can get as the Proximity Shot skill isn't out yet! Pieri no word for her as she is trash on harder modes for her already semi bad HP growth. Nyx will probably have to re-class to Steel like a Great Knight for awhile with a Marriage Seal since her Defensive and luck issues along with HP are crap. But...she can use a Shockstick for awhile to help with that as it is a Mag based weapon. Flannel is vital to use always as he can gather you minerals (Personnel skill) and can tank better with Sol. He however fails to get good Res which is basd enough for him in Ch26. So...may want to not bring him there as he'll be an easy target for Status staves and Mag.

So uh... not to be terribly rude or anything, but most of this runs counter to almost every suggestion I've ever seen for Conquest.

Sorcerer Camilla is really just a bad idea though

Jakob's Defense.....is probably only good as Great Knight (or a comparatively similar class)

Kaze, normally speaking I'd say that it's better to just have Kunai

Also everyone's HP growth is really not that far from each other in this game

PS: I think, even Great Knight Nyx ("lol") is not going to save her Defense

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Sorcerer Camilla is really just a bad idea though

Jakob's Defense.....is probably only good as Great Knight (or a comparatively similar class)

Kaze, normally speaking I'd say that it's better to just have Kunai

Also everyone's HP growth is really not that far from each other in this game

Well...she'll have to be a Wyvern Lord as Malig Knight's Speed cap is also crap. But...she should be Sorcerer for awhile to get her more Mag as her growth in both that and Luck are low. Thank God that this game has a ! warning as it is certainly no fun to having your fliers felled to arrows and wind Mag. She'll want to have Bowbreaker more than anything if your to have her in a flier class not that you should have fliers around them to begin with.

HP growths are shit in this game Period without going Steel or Zerker and that the HP caps are badly nerfed in the Mag classes as I would like to see an 80HP Exorcist. BUT WOULD THEY GIVE THAT, NO! Thank God in Awakening and other games everyone can get the same HP. 52 in the first three games. 80 in 4 and 5. 6-8 60. 9 they can get 60 Bishops as well as other classes getting either that or higher. Only Laguz and King Daein can get the 80HP cap. Only in vols 10 and fates do they have crap HP caps in. In vols 11 and 12 everyone could have 60 and Awakening everyone could have 80. The only logic I can find as to why that the Mag classes HP caps are absolute crap is because of the Nosferatu tanking. Other than that...there was no other reason why to badly nerf their HP caps. This itself makes this a harder game than anything else. Other than that...it was done on purpose to make it the most difficult game in the series.

EDIT: ...And Dark Falcon cannot be used as a permanent class for it's bad caps and that the HP cap is straight downright terrible. You could get an 80HP Dark Flier Sumia/Cordelia in Awakening. But...in this game you don't have that anymore. Now it is only used to get it's skills in as the class has already been beaten badly enough with a nerf stick.

@CocoaGalaxy

EDIT2: Even GK Nyx will have problems getting luck which is bad enough that she'll have to resort to Petit Fire for the entire game if your to leave her only in that class. She needs the crit evasion more than anything.

----

If anything, Conquest will have to be taken with heavy preparation before even starting the game. ...Or having to resort to Casual if it gets too hard for you. Thank god you can change these at anytime without going back! By the way, Leon should be Sorcerer as he gets +2 Speed right off the bat upon class change that he will need especially for Conquest! :)

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

Basically we can ignore everything Lin_Lee_Koo posts.

I don't know where did he she get some many wrong data...

"Jakob is a great choice for his better defense that he gets above Flora and Felicia." -> Flora has the highest Def.

"But...she can use a Shockstick for awhile to help with that as it is a Mag based weapon." -> We don't have Shockstick in Conquest.

"Leon should be Sorcerer as he gets +2 Speed right off the bat upon class change" -> Either the class or the "+2" is incorrect .

Edited by Tooru

I did forget to mention that Camilla may want to reclass to a Wyvern Lord for awhile to get her Swordbreaker needed to get through a hurdle chapter later in the game! The Trueblades in Ch25 onward are hard to deal without it! You will want to get the Silence Staff there as you need it for Ch26. Otherwise better put it on Casual since the ch will become a luck factor that you will lack in having any way to dealing with status staves. You certainly will want to use Flannel especially since resources are hardest to get on this path.

I'll probably do Normal/Classic. I hate the idea of playing on the easiest difficulty in FE. This is because even though I'm fine with easy games, but I consider myself adequate enough at FE to play on at least the middle difficulty. If I prioritised difficulty, then I wouldn't love stuff like Kirby and Ace Attorney.

I'd pick Hoshido, but I love Nohr's characters like Flannel and Lazward and Elise.

I'll probably do Normal/Classic. I hate the idea of playing on the easiest difficulty in FE. This is because even though I'm fine with easy games, but I consider myself adequate enough at FE to play on at least the middle difficulty. If I prioritised difficulty, then I wouldn't love stuff like Kirby and Ace Attorney.

I'd pick Hoshido, but I love Nohr's characters like Flannel and Lazward and Elise.

You don't have to be forced to live under the Catholics roof with strangers. But...yeah, I'd start with Normal/Classic if your playing for storyline. ...And middle difficulty on Hard is far different than on the other paths. It's difficulty is that of in between Lunatic and Lunatic + in Awakening. Kunaibreakers are a must on any difficulty as Ninja's are most common on Nohr.

PS: Ace Attorney and Xenoblade by the way are AWESOME! :D

Let me re-phrase the title for a personal ask: is Nohr hard difficult for the right reasons, compared to Awakening hard where the general story was "let's just throw more crap at you with forged weapons" (especially later on in the game).

I've heard people mention that the Nohr doesn't have maps composed soley of promoted units until either chapter 24 or 26; either way, that's fairly late in the game and bodes an easier time in that regard than Awakening.

I've heard people mention that the Nohr doesn't have maps composed soley of promoted units until either chapter 24 or 26; either way, that's fairly late in the game and bodes an easier time in that regard than Awakening.

I asked about when does the game throw nothing but promoted enemies at you, and the answer was Chapter 20 or so for Nohr.

Let me re-phrase the title for a personal ask: is Nohr hard difficult for the right reasons, compared to Awakening hard where the general story was "let's just throw more crap at you with forged weapons" (especially later on in the game).

Oh. Yeah, that's basically what I meant. No other FE threw tons of promoted units at you by chapter 11, and no other FE spammed forges like Awakening. I only really forge in Tellius so I see where the problem could lie.

In the end, I'll probably try both and see what fits me better. I'm not touching Lunatic at all though. Awakening's Lunatic had me quitting by like Chapter 1.

Last I recall, all promoted chapters start from 18.

If I recall correctly, there are unpromoted units in 20, and there are faceless/golems/lancers/puppets which go up to level 40 in other maps as well...but I think that's it

Ah, thanks. As long as the difficulty isn't purely numerical by then, I'll be fine (still having nightmares from Valm Castle/Hard Mode/No Grind).