plan on doing apo need advice

izanagi61

what parents should i actually train and use? reason i asked is i want to make sure i don't waste time training people i won't use.

what should the classes of my children be? very general question i know, the pairs i'm using are

chrom x sumia
virion x panne ( inherit hit +20 from virion )
gaius x tharja
lon'qu x mirabelle
male MU x lucina/cynthia ( which ever i make a sage idk )
frederick x olivia ( heard fred isn't that good a pops, and inigo is one of the children he doesn't make worse. feel free
to correct me since idk shit )
stahl x nowi ( inherit luna or dual guard )
miriel x libra
sully x donnel
cordelia x gregor ( inherit axefaire. she seems to learn pretty good skills by herself )
lissa x ricken ( high strength mod and dual guard. owain seems like another of those " good on his own " children )
cherche x henry ( gives him barbarian for axefaire )

You might want to try asking here.

Chrom and Robin are the G1 units you really want to use, and their spouses by extension. Dancer Olivia is good too. Other than that, stay away from using the parents aside from Staffbots- let the kids do the heavy lifting.

The pairs are mostly fine, for skills keep in mind that offense > defense so don't focus on things like DG+. For skills, run LB on everyone, GF and Agg wherever possible, one Faire on everyone, and at least one proc (Vengeance/Luna, or Ignis if possible) on anyone who will ever come up front. After that, use spare skillslots for a second proc (Aether when possible, otherwise Astra, never stack Vengeance with anything else) or All+2, and +Hit skills on hard supports. Anyone who gets DSt+ absolutely must use it, it's better than LB.

On leads, All+2 placement is a little quirky because the fastest enemies in Apo are fairly far apart in Spd, so sometimes it'll let you double something strong, but most of the time it won't. I'll focus on it on a case-by-case basis.

So, for a rundown of what your units are good at and what they'll want to be doing:

Chrom x Sumia: Chrom is usually a hard support with LB/Agg/DSt+. Bow Knight, Sniper and Great Knight are his preferred classes- the former two have Bowfaire, the latter is just really strong (but needs Hit+20). Consider All+2 in the last slot for more damage, or Hit+20/Prescience for more hit. Sumia will want to be a high-Mov class to lead- her options are DF, Falco and GK. Watch out for possible Hit issues if you take GK x GK, though- Sumia will want a +Hit forge, most likely. She'll take LB/GF/Faire/Luna/All+2 (you'll want All+2 for GK x GK and Paladin x DF, otherwise it's OK to go without).

Yarne will typically want to be a Berserker with LB/Agg/AF/All+2/Hit+20 (with All+2 optionally switched for Prescience). He can also be a Sniper for high Dual Strike purposes, but it doesn't look like you've got any good places for that. Goes best with a high-Spd Wyvern Lord or Paladin- Lucina and Cynthia are your best bets here. Kjelle would also work out, so would Noire.

Noire is going to want to be a Bow Knight or Sniper to best put Gaius's mods to use. She'll want to use a Luna/Astra procstack and no All+2 in both cases, and have a +3 Spd support (Hero, BK, Berserker) for BK and anything for Sniper (probably a Sage, like Laurent).

Brady will be quite speedy. He's always going to be a Sage with LB/GF/Agg/Luna/Tomefaire no matter who his dad is, and in this case a DF or Valkyrie support would compliment him well. Morgan as a Valkyrie is one of the best choices here provided you're using +Mag/-Def (one of the best asset/flaws for Apo, and extremely useful for Lucina/Cynthia!Morgan as it sets her up perfectly for Valkyrie). If that's not happening, you're a little low on options, Lucina/Cynthia might be your best bet.

Both Lucina and Cynthia can be Sages, so that's not much to go on. But it's useful to have at least 8 Mov somewhere on your pairs, so if they're Sages, they'll have more limited mobility. Additionally, unless Robin is a Grandmaster, that +5 Spd mod would go to waste... Consider Dark Flier x Grandmaster, Paladin x Berserker or Sniper x Berserker/Sage for extra Spd, power and/or mobility. The girls will always use a Luna/Aether procstack, with Lucina forgoing a Faire for DSt+.

Fred!Inigo makes a nice Paladin. There are other things he can do too (Hero), but male Paladins are so rare that he's most useful as one (LB/GF/Agg/Luna/SF). He doesn't need a +Spd support, so you could use him to soak up Nah (she'd be a Sniper with All+2 and a Luna/Astra procstack, which she has room for due to no GF).

Laurent is going to want to be a hard support Sage. The best place for that is behind a slower Dark Flier (you have none) or a faster Sniper (you have three). He'll want to go with Noire, Lucina or Cynthia.

Kjelle is a little slow, and will want to either run Wyvern/GK (Wyvern is usually better) with a Berserker support, no All+2 and a Luna/Astra procstack, or Paladin with a +0 Spd support, All+2 and just Luna. You don't have any physical +0 Spd supports, so she'll be going Wyvern and taking Yarne or Gerome.

Severa is a little awkward because Gregor leaves her with very few ending classes. It's a shame because you could really use another magical girl (your team is currently very physical on the female side and mostly magical on the male). She's set up to be a Hero with Vengeance and no All+2 (which leaves her with a hole and nothing to fill it) and a Berserker support- you'll probably want Gerome for the +Hit if running Axefaire.

Owain is exactly the same as Brady, but without the potential for speediness. Lucina and Cynthia are pretty in demand, though, so hopefully Morgan can help out as a magical unit. He's a great unit, but not looking good in terms of places to go.

Finally, Gerome is a standard hard support Berserker with Hex and Anathema for support skills. Kjelle, Severa, Noire all want that (though watch out, Hex won't work with BK Noire- use Yarne for that).

ok you i know lucina starts as a lord but cynthia doesnt. so does cynthia get ds+ and aether outside of inheritance? reason i asked i was orignally planning to mary male MU to cynthia and lucina to yarne but if she doesn't i'll just switch those to. also given his nature of being anything, i'm not entirely sure what my male MU will end up as. i picked mag/luk so i was leaning sage. so should his wife be a DF then? whichever of the two i settle on?

ok you i know lucina starts as a lord but cynthia doesnt. so does cynthia get ds+ and aether outside of inheritance? reason i asked i was orignally planning to mary male MU to cynthia and lucina to yarne but if she doesn't i'll just switch those to. also given his nature of being anything, i'm not entirely sure what my male MU will end up as. i picked mag/luk so i was leaning sage. so should his wife be a DF then? whichever of the two i settle on?

Cynthia always gets Aether if she's Chrom's daughter, regardless of whether he has it or not.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Cynthia always gets Aether passed down and can never get DSt+, Charm or RK. If you marry Lucina, she always passes down Aether as well (so no Charm/DSt+/RK for Morgan), and if you marry Cynthia she can pass down skills normally, including Aether. Assuming you have her do that, Sumia!Lucina!Morgan and Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan are identical, the only difference is one (relevant) skill on Robin's wife.

• 2 years later...

not really a necro post. still doing apo, just got burned out on grinding out parents to pass down skills for the children. after doing some research, it looks like kellam is a way better father for severa. gives her sage and great knight which solves both her lack of procs and her not having endgame class. wish i had thought ahead a little further. my flawed thinking was that she would value having a faire as a hero. so i guess the question now is. how do i fix her? DK?