Alan and Lance color revamp

Feaw

Happy new year folks!~

I've been trying to make the colors in Alan's and Lance's portraits match their official arts more, however, since I'm not the best with portrait colors, I've been having a little bit of trouble, and I'm wondering if these could stand to improve some;

I think the one at the top looks fine, but it's not too accurate still, and whenever I try to make it more orange or dull like in the art (see the middle one), it just looks off. The hair as well to a lesser extent.
Lance wasn't as hard, and I think it doesnt look too bad, but I'd still like to know if it's good enough or not.

So blast your opinions this way, and if you feel like they could be improved, your help is greatly appreciated!
Edited by Feaw

i like lance a lot

Was the pun intentional?

The recolors look pretty good. Alan doesn't look very different but Lance's hair looks very nice.

Edited by ClarinetsandOboes

but they're just recolors

is this all you wanted to do?

To be fair, they were both in desperate need of recolouring. I swear Allan's armour would glow in the dark.

FE6 has some pretty good color choices... the execution is just bad very often, however.

I had an idea.

Maybe, to help you continue to improve with colors, you could continue recoloring some of the other sprites in the game that are poorly made? I'd actually be pretty interested in that.

I had an idea.

Maybe, to help you continue to improve with colors, you could continue recoloring some of the other sprites in the game that are poorly made? I'd actually be pretty interested in that.

That's precisely what I'm doing ;)

I'm pretty good with colors, especially battle sprites, but portraits are sometimes a bit tricky, especially when the portrait isn't of that high quality.

Edited by Feaw

That's precisely what I'm doing ;)

I'm pretty good with colors, especially battle sprites, but portraits are sometimes a bit tricky, especially when the portrait isn't of that high quality.

Oh, I didn't know that. I'm excited to see what else you make!

I kind of feel like the contrast on them could be upped a little and made more vibrant. It's kind of like going between extremes; FE6 vanilla being too bright, and this version being a little too dull/dark. I do like where it's headed, though.

Mind if I tinker?

EDIT -

10554df270bd108b85141b0453735243.png

Edited by Greninjeta

I kind of feel like the contrast on them could be upped a little and made more vibrant. It's kind of like going between extremes; FE6 vanilla being too bright, and this version being a little too dull/dark. I do like where it's headed, though.

Mind if I tinker?

EDIT -

10554df270bd108b85141b0453735243.png

Oooh I like it, but I feel like the lightest shade is frankly a little too bright haha.