Something that I found a bit dissapointing about DLC...

The DanMan

...Is that there weren't any alt costumes. As in, actual alts for characters, and not Mii Fighter Outfits.

I could have easily seen them peddling, say, Melee/OoT outfits for the Zelda characters, or a Samus outfit that actually goes the extra mile and is an entirely different suit of hers, instead of merely a palette swap. I'd be partial to a Shulk one with the True Monado and that-late-game-white-angelic-armor-that-I-don't-know-the-name-of-but-every-LP-uses. And then there's the promoted forms of the FE characters (Great Lord Lucina, Grandmaster Robin, and now Dark and White Blood for Corrin)... . Or even a proper Blood Falcon/Black Shadow outfit.

At the end of the day, I just feel like limiting things to Mii Fighter outfits was a wasted opportunity, as detailed alts for the characters would, IMO, have been much neater and more attractive than "here's a chibified outfit for characters that you can't even use anonymously online".

i have only one question for sakurai: where is pantsless marth

This.

I pretty much feel the same way. I like the direction Project M went with the alternate costumes for characters and was really hoping Nintendo does the same. Problem is, Nintendo pays little attention to it's fan's fangames and when they do, they end up shutting them down. (Excellent job, Nontendo).

Ranting aside, I would've loved to see whole new pallets such as making Cloud look like Zack or Sephiroth, or simple little things like giving Peach or Rosalina a ponytail when they wear their "Fire" variants. Though the Mii Costumes let us "play" as other characters like Knuckles or Chrom RIP , I feel like they could've easily gone the extra mile.

That would be awesome.

For the case of Pokemon, some of their palette swaps could have been actual proper Shiny colorations (especially Lucario). Charizard, Mewtwo, and Greninja could use a few tweaks in terms of coloring to better resemble their Shiny versions.

i have only one question for sakurai: where is pantsless marth

If this had happened it would have made my decade.

Considering I have a Dunban Mii, I'd still want Mii Costumes to exist.

I would have liked to see the Monado III, but ah well. Shulk already has an alt.

also I wanted to see a Fiora Mii Costume but life is sad

Monado III is kind of a major Xenoblade spoiler, tho.

They got close to doing alt costumes with Bowser Junior, Villager, and having both genders for Robin, Kamui, and Wii Fit Trainer, but it'd be great to see this idea expanded upon.

This.

I pretty much feel the same way. I like the direction Project M went with the alternate costumes for characters and was really hoping Nintendo does the same. Problem is, Nintendo pays little attention to it's fan's fangames and when they do, they end up shutting them down. (Excellent job, Nontendo).

Ranting aside, I would've loved to see whole new pallets such as making Cloud look like Zack or Sephiroth, or simple little things like giving Peach or Rosalina a ponytail when they wear their "Fire" variants. Though the Mii Costumes let us "play" as other characters like Knuckles or Chrom RIP , I feel like they could've easily gone the extra mile.

It's already time consuming enough for Sakurai.

At least these are better than nothing. Although, it's a letdown that these can't be used in annoymus online battles.

Link needs a tuxedo.

^