Worth Playing?

SSbardock84

TearRing Saga?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Worth Playing?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know much about it and never even heard of it until last year. Is it worth playing and how many games are there? Is it just TearRing Saga and Berwick Saga? Also I was looking up stuff and I came across an upcoming game called Vestaria Saga. Assuming its the third game since its by Shozou Kaga.

Yeah, it's real neat. it's kinda like a spiritual successor to Gaiden. the fan translation isn't very good, like it hasn't been proofread at all, but it's still worth playing, in my opinion. no translation for Berwick Saga, unfortunately i hardly know anything about it. Vestaria Saga's an upcoming freeware indie game, i'd say a translation is unlikely but we'll see when it comes out. the three games are completely unrelated aside from the names.

Edited by wafffo

It's a very unique experience, like Wafffo said, its like an advancement on Gaiden and some Thracia like ideas, not fatigue and capture, but some of the skills and stuff.

Also it has a Swordmaster named Yoda, which is amazing in its own right.

Yeah, it's real neat. it's kinda like a spiritual successor to Gaiden. the fan translation isn't very good, like it hasn't been proofread at all, but it's still worth playing, in my opinion. no translation for Berwick Saga, unfortunately i hardly know anything about it. Vestaria Saga's an upcoming freeware indie game, i'd say a translation is unlikely but we'll see when it comes out. the three games are completely unrelated aside from the names.

Oh cool thanks. Oh I thought they were all connected in someway.

It's a very unique experience, like Wafffo said, its like an advancement on Gaiden and some Thracia like ideas, not fatigue and capture, but some of the skills and stuff.

Also it has a Swordmaster named Yoda, which is amazing in its own right.

Lol Yoda

Edited by SSbardock84

Tear Ring Saga is a game that combines elements of all the preceding Fire Emblem games. If you have some experience with the series, you will feel right at home. It feels so familiar in fact, that It really raises the question of how naive Kaga could have possibly been when it comes to copyright. One could just as well slap the label Fire Emblem 6 on it and nobody would see a reason why it wouldn't actually be a part of the series.

But is it a good Fire Emblem game? I would say so. Especially if you are a fan of Thracia since it follows the same design direction.

It would have a shot at being my favorite Fire Emblem game if it wasn't for the fact that Holmes' route features a bunch of randomly generated filler battles. As a result, I feel like the experience of playing TRS is very lopsided. It's utterly amazing during some parts while it's extremely tedious during others.

Now Berwick Saga is a very different thing entirely. Unfortunately, I don't have too much experience with it specifically because it is so different that I was so far unable to really get into the game. A translation patch for this game hasn't been released yet and while I was able to play an untranslated New Mystery without any troubles because the menus and mechanics were the very same as in Shadow Dragon , getting a hang of Berwick Saga without being able to read anything isn't anywhere near as easy.

Edited by BrightBow

• 6 months later...

Tear Ring Saga is a game that combines elements of all the preceding Fire Emblem games. If you have some experience with the series, you will feel right at home. It feels so familiar in fact, that It really raises the question of how naive Kaga could have possibly been when it comes to copyright. One could just as well slap the label Fire Emblem 6 on it and nobody would see a reason why it wouldn't actually be a part of the series.

But is it a good Fire Emblem game? I would say so. Especially if you are a fan of Thracia since it follows the same design direction.

It would have a shot at being my favorite Fire Emblem game if it wasn't for the fact that Holmes' route features a bunch of randomly generated filler battles. As a result, I feel like the experience of playing TRS is very lopsided. It's utterly amazing during some parts while it's extremely tedious during others.

Now Berwick Saga is a very different thing entirely. Unfortunately, I don't have too much experience with it specifically because it is so different that I was so far unable to really get into the game. A translation patch for this game hasn't been released yet and while I was able to play an untranslated New Mystery without any troubles because the menus and mechanics were the very same as in Shadow Dragon , getting a hang of Berwick Saga without being able to read anything isn't anywhere near as easy.

So how many years has it been since we have the translation patched for just Tear Ring Saga?

I am amazed that there is also no patch even as of now for Berwick Saga as well.

• 2 months later...

TearRing Saga is an amazing experience. It shouldn't be played like a normal FE game. It should be played with the expectation that you'll be grinding and trying to max out units (at least on Holme's side). Klycine (the female sword fighter with steal) was my MVP in that game as there was one chapter where I just sat her in the arena and she racked up literally hundreds of master swords - her steal skill works in the goddamn arena! I ended up selling most of them for money. I put in over 200 hours into that game.