Fire Emblem: The Last Holy War

Moblin Major General

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure thing. I'm not gonna be taking resources for my own sake as a rule, and honestly I doubt I'll transform for some time. The only resource I really have any desire for is the Strike rank I'll build just by standing around untransformed and punching nerds. I mean, yes, the occasional Olivi Grass or skill deployment will be a thing, but I'm not going to be claiming bosskills or anything.

Q1: Will we start play with any Skills that aren't guaranteed class skills?

Q2: I assume the presence of the second perspective will be quite a ways away, so we don't have to worry about those characters for now, yes?

Edited by Terrador

1.No, but there will be a lot of lootable skills, though.

2. I'm really the only one with the second perspective character so far. Don't worry about it right now. Any further questions will be answered in the chat thread.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

Might as well TRY something interesting.

Name: Mardo

Affinity: Wind

Biorhythm: 8 (go me)

Class: Veteran (Axe Armour)

Bases: (+5 Skl, +10 Spd, +5 Def)

HP: 21 (85%)
Str: 10 (55%)
Mag: 0 (0%)
Skl: 12 (50%)
Spd: 14 (45%)
Lck: 8 (30%)
Def: 16 (30%)
Res: 4 (30%)
Con: 12
Wt: 20
Mov:5
Weapon Rank: Axes D
Appearance: 43c91916af3eabf5fdc042b4910992b2.png

Words are for chumps. However, in battle he wears crimson armour. You know, so the blood of his enemies doesn't make it look messy or something.
Personality: Gruff and bad tempered, the youth of today often try his patience. He's far more amicable towards people of his generation and more cunning than he lets on. He also has a grandson or something.

Edited by Shin

Might as well TRY something interesting.

Name: Mardo

Biorhythm: 8 (go me)

Class: Veteran (Axe Armour)

Bases: (+5 Skl, +10 Spd, +5 Def)

HP: 21 (85%)

Str: 10 (55%)

Mag: 0 (0%)

Skl: 12 (50%)

Spd: 14 (45%)

Lck: 8 (30%)

Def: 16 (30%)

Res: 4 (30%)

Con: 12

Wt: 20

Mov:5

Bio:4

Appearance: ac23ee0231bbcda504f53de19fdfde34.png

Words are for chumps. However, in battle he wears crimson armour. You know, so the blood of his enemies doesn't make it look messy or something.

Personality: Gruff and bad tempered, the youth of today often try his patience. He's far more amicable towards people of his generation and more cunning than he lets on.

Hey Shin, can my character be related to your character?

Well here goes.

Name: Adrian

Affinity: Heaven

Biorythm: 3

Class: Axe Knight

Bases [+4 HP, +2 Str, +3 Skl, +3 Spd, +3 Luk, +5 Def]

Str: 22 [80%]

Str: 10 [60%]

Mag: 0 [0%]

Skl: 10 [40%]

Spd: 9 [40%]

Luk: 3 [30%]

Def: 12 [60%]

Res: 0 [15%]

Con: 10

Wt: 34

Mov: 8

Appearance: A tall figure with short, dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes. His armor is a dark blue version of Kieran's armor from FE10.

Personality: A man with bravado like none other, he charges into battles axe raised like a maniac. He's loud, and most see him as an annoyance. However, he's also got a big heart. He just wants to protect as many as he can, including his little sister back home, who is far more capable than he thinks she is. Despite these good intentions, he's still pretty dumb and arrogant, and often directs the attention of enemies towards himself, which leads to him getting several injuries. But, in his own words, "We have healers that can wave their sticks and fix any wound! I have nothing to fear!"

Edited by Dandragon

@Dandragon: Lord growth rate total is 350%. yours is 325%. Fix that, and you'll be accepted.

With this many people, I think I'll give the plot.

Once, there was a race that came before man and beast. These beings were what humans aspired to, and they allowed man to worship them. Some of these beings served, while others were served. Often, man would fight over which god was stronger, though the gods themselves did not fight. There was one god that was feared among the gods. His name was Annhil, the proclaimed God of Victory. Those who proclaimed faith in Annhil were blessed with untold power. This led the gods Ashunera, Duma, Mila, and their servants, along with the Earth Dragons under Loptyr, later the hated Dragon God of Jugdral, to join forces to seal Annhil. The armies clashed, and whole nations were wiped out. Annhil was sealed, and the continent where he reigned, Neiky, was settled by the followers of the victors. Tyr, land of the Dragons, was shared by the Dragon Laguz and the Earth Dragons, who sealed their power in stones when they saw the pride of their beloved general condemn him to madness. Sharunea is the land of the Beorc and Animal Laguz, who are both markedly stronger than regular men, and whose children are known for unnaturally long lifetimes. Duam is the land of the god Duma, ruled by ruthless dynasts and constantly in civil war. Mylos is the land of the goddess Mila, which has grown to be the largest country in Neiky.

The peace in this land was fragile at best, and has shattered recently. This happened when the civil war in Duam ended, and a man named Durhua ascended to its throne. To his people, he was a good and just king. But Mylos, its neighbor, saw that Durhua worshipped Annhil, not Duma, Duam's patron god. This both angered and frightened the King of Mylos, Archon. Believing Duam was going to attempt to foist its beliefs on Tyr and Sharunea, Mylos invaded Duam, curiously at the behest of the Duma faith. Both Tyr and Sharunea saw Mylos's invasion as aggressive, placing embargoes on trade with Mylos. It was argued that Mylos had become what it most feared: something Archon vehemently denied. Our story follows Samara, a priestess of Mila, who has been targeted by the Duma faith for heresy, which has led some of the people of Mylos to her side. Just as well, some laguz have also come to join them. Whether Mylos declares this as an act of war by Sharunea is unknown.

This looks interesting, so I'll try and do this.

Name: Caleo

Biorhythm: 1

Class: Wind Mage

Bases: [+4 HP, +6 Mag, +2 Skl, +5 Spd, +3 Res]

HP: 20 [50%]

Str: 3 [35%]

Mag: 12 [65%]

Skl: 8 [55%]

Spd: 12 [60%]

Lck: 14 (I'm just using Tormod's base luck) [10%]

Def: 2 [20%]

Res: 9 [30%]

Con: 9

Wt: 9

Mov: 5

Weapon Rank: WInd Magic C

Appearance: A short, young man with black hair and brown eyes. His outfit is very similar to Tormod's RD outfit, except he wears a dark green cloak instead.

Personality: A carefree spirit, who really just goes with the flow. He enjoys travel, having much interest in anything he hasn't seen before. While nonchalant most of the time, Caleo can be very cunning and serious when needed to be. His biggest hobby is telling stories, from tales of his travels to grandiose fairytales to those willing to listen.

Edited by MidoriMage

Mmk.

Here's my next character then:

[spoiler=character 2] Name: Benedict
Class: Blade Paladins (needs more sword users :< )
Affinity: Earth
Stats
Hp: 35(+0)(55%)
Str: 21(+4)(55%)
Mag: 5(+1)(15%)

Skl: 17(+3)(50%)
Speed: 20(+4)(55%)
Def: 19(+2)(35%)
Res: 15(+5) (20%)

Luck: 17(+1)(35%) (I didn't see a base Luck in the base stats thing)

Con: 11
Weight: 36
Move: 9
Bio: 9

Weapon Ranks:

Sword- A
​Appearance:
A young foreign man from the continent of Jugdral, who has been in the Duam Army for 10 years (before he deserted). Think of his appearance like that of Older!Fin from FE4 but a bit more "stressed", hardened, and with brown hair, a perpetual frown, and Dark Green Armor (i/e the color of Sain's Armor).
Personality:
Benedict is loyal to a fault (not to his king mind you, since he's been pretty suspicious of that man...). Despite all the horrors he seen in his service (and the fact that he's a perpetual frowner) , he is upbeat and kinda peppy. A knight to a fault, but he isn't so loyal that he's blind to the things his king has done (which is part of the reason why he deserted, though worshiping a dark god that the Earth Dragons agreed to help seal, probably helped him come to conclusion that he needed to get out of Duam before it was too late). Is known for having the weirdest knacks in the army, and is the least religious within the army. Is strangely calm, despite all that's happened in Duam.

EDIT: Made a bunch of changes to this guy's growths. Now his growths add up to 325%, and some other minor changes there. Also, minor change to his appearance description
EDIT 2: Made even more edits. Now he doesnt start of with capped HP (He's now 5 away from cap anyways)
Edited by N30

Wait, can I add 25% to my character's growths (since he's a T2 that isn't of the Jeigan/Oifey Archetype at all)

Edited by N30

I found something that I imagine Hylian Air Force may have a MIGHTY NEED for.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932999-fire-emblem-radiant-dawn/48343453

Here are NM EXP calculations for Radiant Dawn, located in the second post. Should help with figuring things out.

For the rest of us: transformed laguz get Piss All for EXP on kill, but have a curve for BEXP analogous to that of beorc and don't have trash EXP untransformed or chipping. Good thing ours have bases...!

Bonus experience is... complicated. I don't think there's anything meaningful (that is, tested published about how BEXP picks stats, but what I believe would be a faithful representation would be to take an RN for each uncapped stat, 1 to 100, then divide that by the growth, and the three lowest stats would be selected. Let me do an example roll for Lupa.

HP: 32/80 = 0.4

STR: 74/65 = 1.1385

MAG: Rolled a 4 on a 0 growth. Complicated. We'll talk about that.

SKL: 37/45 = 0.8222

SPE: 41/70 = 0.5857

LCK: 89/15 = 5.933

DEF: 41/25 = 1.64

HP, SPE, and SKL, being the lowest stats, proc in this event.

For stats over 100%: These don't exist in Radiant Dawn. I would, personally, model that as one automatic proc, with two others being distributed among other stats.

For stats with a 0% growth: Don't exist in Radiant Dawn either. I would say that allowing it to proc, but treating it as arbitarily high (any roll in any other stats beat it, and when zeroes are compared the lower roll wins) would be A valid interpretation. You could also just give anyone with a 0% in a stat a 5% boost.

As a note, this modeling could be used for the blank level mulligan that exists for combat levels as well; Radiant Dawn doesn't allow blank levels in combat, so if nothing procced, one could use those rolls to do this, proccing the stat that got the closest. Obviously, in either event, if two stats wind up at the same value, one could simply flip a coin or do literally any other random selection to determine which one gets priority.

E: By the by, I don't account for BEXP or blank stat growth in doing the averages on the table; trying to account for what stats cap is Entirely More Maths Than I Care About. As a rule, endgame stats will be higher than those listed in the table either way.

Edited by Terrador