Cipher Series 4 Discussion - Apr 14: Guidebook Cover + Itsuki Promo

Kirie

If we're throwing out predictions for the SR cards this set, I'm gonna guess they'll take the Series 3 approach and give the #FE section 6 SRs, while FE3 and 13 both get 3. Since I don't know enough about/don't care that much about #FE, i'll only make guesses for what SR's we'll see for FE3 (the one I'm most excited for) and FE13. Assuming they'll get no more than 3 each, my guess are...

FE3: Marth, Kris (if we get any remake characters. After all, we did get Athena in S1), and Emperor Hardin.

FE13: Lucina, Robin (M), and maybe... Chrom? Or perhaps Robin (F).

I'm curious though, are there enough characters from #FE to justify half a set? I believe they're 7 main characters + their mirages, right? Outside of that, is there anyone else that's notable enough to warrant 50 cards?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the combined getting cards are going to be Srs.

It will be Itsuki/Chrom/Kiria/Tharja/Eleanora/Virion for Awakening and Tsubasa/Caeda/Touma/Cain/Mamori/Draug for SD/MOE

But the combined cards necessarily haven't been sr's in the past (triangle attacks in sd and por, and the heron siblings in por). Yashiro will sit out as there's just not enough room for him.

Set's going to be a fifty/fifty Moe-SD / Awakening split, with #FE characters given some cards in each.

Edited by Draxal

Yashiro will sit out as there's just not enough room for him.

From the looks of it, Yashiro is the most popular male characters (and maybe the most popular character in general). I'm using JP forums and blogs as a source. Plus, Mamori is kind of...unnerving, especially considering her "Carnage Form" is based on a Japanese wedding dress.

Perhaps this is just my wish as a Yashiro fan, though!

Also, there may be enough cards to make a reasonable 50 card deck. If they choose to exhaust the "Carnage Form" and Mirage reclass system from the game, there would be:

7 Human Master Cards

7 Base Class Mirage Cards

7 "Carnage Form" Master Cards (S04-001ST, P03-009PR)

14 Promoted Class Mirage Cards (as there are 2 reclass options per Mirage)

4 Supporting Character Cards? (Tiki, Maiko, Barry, and MAYBE another Anna card done by cuboon)

In total, that's 39 separate cards. And, typically, there are 23 individual characters in a Starter Deck (24 for ST04), replicated to make a 50 card deck. So, even if they choose to use only one Promoted Mirage class, they'd still have 32 cards to pick from, which leaves availabilities for booster pack cards.

Regardless, if male Robin gets an SR, I'll be pretty miffed if female Robin doesn't get one.

I don't doubt Yashiro's really popular (guy is pretty damn smooth) but he's introduced last in the game, and he was introduced last in the media as well, so I'd expect a promo of him (most likely the set 4 guide book). Set 3 was already in the printing state most likely before the game was even released.

I don't doubt Yashiro's really popular (guy is pretty damn smooth) but he's introduced last in the game, and he was introduced last in the media as well, so I'd expect a promo of him (most likely the set 4 guide book). Set 3 was already in the printing state most likely before the game was even released.

That's certainly true, but I sure hope his placement in the game does not affect how they address him in Cipher. Camus, after all, got an SR in wave 1 and he wasn't even playable in the source game for the Eiyuutachi no Zantou cards.

The devs did also admit to the game being bishoujo/moe heavy in an update, so I do have hope that they would consciously balance the Cipher cards...though that may be a hollow hope :unsure:

I don't think there's enough #FE characters to leave any of them out. The other starter decks have around 14 different characters, for example. (And obviously, the starter deck doesn't even come close to including all characters from the set)

I don't think there's enough #FE characters to leave any of them out. The other starter decks have around 14 different characters, for example. (And obviously, the starter deck doesn't even come close to including all characters from the set)

The discussion was about the SR slots. There's 12 slots and 7 pairs of 2 (char and mirage), one pair would have to sit out if the pairs are done as SR's (which they might or not be doing).

Edited by Draxal

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm reading the text correctly, it says the stream will be at 8pm Japan time which is 12 noon for me (CET), so that would make it 6am US Eastern time. That's a Saturday and my vacation will be over by then so I should definitely be around to watch and take some caps, though my Japanese is very rusty (I understand maybe 1 word in 20 at best, not including names :p) so it would mostly be pictures without much context.

This tweet states 6AM EST and 3AM PST for the US, 11AM for UK and noon for the rest of Europe as Kirie said.

It seems like Lynn is no longer hosting, but they have instead Ike and Midoriko's VA as guests. Looking forward to the stream, it's not a special Series 4, 5 or anything livestream though. If I'm not mistaken, the description states "the latest FE Cipher news + reports on the upcoming event FE Cipher Festival WEST / EAST". I'm still expecting a few announcements or something about the next series.

Edited by Avk

Sweet! I take it these were shown at the Cipher event today? I'm stuck on mobile while I'm on vacation so I'll get the op updated with the new art when I get home next week.

That is a pretty sweet Ogma, though, and damn, Hardin's armor.

I definitely want that Ogma card when it comes out. I wonder if there's gonna be another Navarre to mirror;

Will I have as many Navarre as I do Ryouma that is now the question

That is a pretty sweet Ogma, though, and damn, Hardin's armor.

I definitely want that Ogma card when it comes out. I wonder if there's gonna be another Navarre to mirror;

Will I have as many Navarre as I do Ryouma that is now the question

I believe the art was shown at Cipher Fest, not sure.

Hardin's armor for extra swag.

Damn, I'm really like all this art, especially that Hardin. It always struck me as a little odd that he was the only character like, ever, that was arabic in design. Really set him apart from the rest of the cast in a good way.

But this makes me wonder; if this is paladin Hardin, will emperor Hardin be excluded for this set?

It was def shown at Cipher Fes. Kirie would you want to start a series 5 thread with the pics shown in the 3/4/5 thread?

Yeah I think we have enough stuff about S5 to talk about now that I'll start one after I get home from my vacation :3 It'll help keep things organised at least, and we might get more info in the nice nice stream too.

But this makes me wonder; if this is paladin Hardin, will emperor Hardin be excluded for this set?

They could still include both, but personally I would rather see them focus on an enemy only character like Gharnef or Eremiah for now.

Edited by Hardin

Well, since they just officially shown the Itsuki art with him being "transformed", I'm pretty that one would be the one that they make SR. Which would leave the previously revealed partner cards to be N/HNs, since they've never done multiple characters getting SRs in the same set.

Well, since they just officially shown the Itsuki art with him being "transformed", I'm pretty that one would be the one that they make SR. Which would leave the previously revealed partner cards to be N/HNs, since they've never done multiple characters getting SRs in the same set.

I'm pretty sure the "transformed" Itsuki is the Starter Deck one.

I'm pretty sure the "transformed" Itsuki is the Starter Deck one.

Yeah you're right, I knew I saw him in that pose before but I assumed it was from the Booster Box without checking the 1st post first. Tho that doesn't change my perception of how the SRs are going to be distributed among the #FE cast. Since it would make sense to have the "transformed" cast members be a high Class, as the partner cards have them in their casual outfit (checked the 1st post this time :P)