Fire Emblem: The Last Holy War Chat Topic

Moblin Major General

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. A few questions.

Story related.

1) When will you give us some actual details regarding the plot?

2) You will remember to keep characters beyond the main lord plot-relevant, right?

3) What is our generalized role in all of this anyways? Are we friends, mercenaries, group of traveling people solving problems with the aid of a talking pet?

4) What about supports? Since you mentioned they exist and the like how are they going to be handled? Like, C,B,A? C,B,A,S? Only one/two people? Or how many?

Gameplay

1) How is this going to even work in combat?

2) What about level-ups?

3) We going to follow any rules regarding them? Like 'always at least one stat' or something?

1. It's nearly finished.

2. That's the goal. Base and supports can handle that, though.

3. No spoilers, but either side will be unique.

4. Like FE10, but those bonds are decided upon.

1. On player phase, everyone moves their person. On enemy phase, I move all the enemies, save an enemy PC. Then comes ally phase, then NPC phase.

2. You roll your growth percentages. If you roll higher than the percentage, that stat doesn't go up.

3. This is supposed to be somewhat close to an actual FE game, meaning that there is a chance someone could fall behind. Not that we wouldn't be cautious about their growths and stats, though.

FE10 has a pile of levels relative to how low the caps are. There's a reason almost every character in FE10 rams into at least some of their caps. Plus, BEXP exists (as alluded to in the main thread), so even relatively poor characters can be fixed.

Will there be many stealable items? (i want to play a thief, but the way you defined turn order makes it hard to use disarm procs to steal things.)

I will also wait for plot, just because i want to write a character who meshes with the setting.

Heyo, I'd just like to give a heads-up that I tweaked my growths, giving a bit more Skill (+5%), Luck(+10%), and Magic(+10%) at the cost of HP(-10%), Speed(-5%), Defense(-5%), and Resistance(-5%).

E: I'm also planning on keeping the whole dragon deal under wraps for the moment, figure I'll just go Saitama-lite for awhile unless something genuinely nasty comes up; let's be real, what're we gonna run into that Lupa doesn't tear to shreds?

Edit 2: Electric Boogaloo: I GOT PRETTY DANG BORED

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lhGeH94lB86v5F3ShcT7FPUX4OtNSpW9KyVkGXy9tJA

Not complete yet. Doesn't factor in BEXP, but should hint as to when to use it (and on whom).

Edited by Terrador

Cool, just noticed on the calcs that a few characters have more growths than they should. This includes but is not limited to Samara and Christine, who have 40% and 25% more than they should respectively. Logez also appears to be 10% short. In the interest of quality roleplay balance, I'd recommend a few tweaks, wouldn't want to spoil a well planned game!

Oh yeah, Terra I made it so Logez has 65% HP growth, but 45% skill growth btw

Also, a new character (a mounted sword user even) from me. :Soldier:

I'm not listing secondary perspective characters yet; I figure I'll whip up a sheet when that gets prompted, if I'm bored enough.

And that edit's accounted for, by the by. Feel free to admire the glorious tables!

Edited by Terrador

Much glorious table. Much wow
Very glorious indeed

Also, tfw you realize that Blade Paladin Stat Caps aren't all that high (Since my 2nd char is 2 points away from str cap, and will hit hp cap within a couple of levels...)

Edited by N30

Just in case it isn't clear, that is in no way an official game sheet; several assumptions were made (namely, caps behaving as they do in Radiant Dawn, assuming everyone starts at level 1, and assuming promotion gains behave as they are modeled in Radiant Dawn).

I would like to request that, on joining, Christine not be a mercenary. It doesn't seem like her. DiD or something similar? Maybe. But I don't see her working for money.

Also, I do have Skype as well, but I'm not on that computer ATM. Should be Snowy_One or something close. You'll know it if the image is of Mami as a gun-angel.

Regarding the plot, as a couple of fairly notable bits are left implicit--

I'm lead to believe Samara is from Duam; is that the case?

Would it be correct to assume that, even though Durhua is of a different faith, many of Duma's faithful still remain in Duam?

Oh god, looking at that spreadsheet made me realise I'd forgotten how low the Reaver Res cap was. always check the stat caps before you start making your builds

(also if you need it for group-chat reasons, my skype handle is the highly inspired mikevontookie)