Fates Announcement: One year later

Elibean Spaceman

I can't believe a year has already flown by! I remember getting an email from Nintendo about games coming out in 2015 and how I was super excited for (If at the time) Fates to be released. Unfortunately, they only meant Japan for 2015 which crushed me TT_TT

But only like a month left now for NA!

Yeah, the initial trailer was so amazing for me. It sucks to hear the game turned out to be underwhelming for most people. I'm still excited but I would've loved something closer to what I imagined, a more serious game with a good story. Hoping it will surprise me and not be as bad as people say.

Honestly, I was way more hyped back at the time of the announcement than I am now, what with some of the dissapointment I've heard about. I am actually questioning if I should buy it now, especially since the Canadian dollar is down in the gutter, meaning I'd be paying about 30% more than it costs in the US. Unless it's all of a sudden a masterpiece, I think I'll hold off on it.

I remember being so hyped and watching the first two trailers over and over again after their respective releases. It seems so long ago now so it's making me feel really nostalgic. Whatever my personal feelings about the game itself, whether I was disappointed or not, remembering how much love I had for it at those times really makes me happy. I can't wait until they announce another one so that I can get my hopes up and have them dashed spectacularly (no, I'm serious. I love hype.)

Feeling good for NA, it's really awesome you've got your relese date however it sucks for EU having delay, we can do nothing about it anyway~

What hurst the most? NA will have time to grind thier characters, preapre to pvp, EU will be much in the back in this aspect welp.

I still want to belive EU will be delayed maximum one month comparing to NA, but i think it won't happend anyway~

My, hard to believe it's already been a year.

That trailer... it's pretty nostalgic, actually. To be honest, it's thanks to it that I eventually got into the Fire Emblem series in the first place. "A new Fire Emblem game? Cool. Might as well go buy Awakening," I told myself.

So, Fates was the first Fire Emblem game I closely followed. I'm still really looking forward to its NA release, and I'm really excited to play it.

Just a little bit over a month left...

I started saving up the day it was first revealed. Actually, the night before I had this weird premonition, where I was certain that Awakening wasn't the latest FE game. I checked before going to bed and (of course) I confirmed Awakening was the latest.. at least, until the next day. I also remember how after the differences between the two games was revealed, I made up my mind right away to get Conquest first. My thought process was: Birthright may be too easy --> Try to play Conquest afterwards --> Conquest too hard --> Experienced ruined because I get too upset and frustrated. So I figured it'd be a good transition to do Conquest Normal and then Birthright Hard. I remember feigning affections for Jakob because I felt left out that everybody had their own waifus.. Then Zero Niles came along. :"3c At that time I was fully prepared to play as a girl just to marry him... Look how far we've come!

This year has actually been a good one for me, and it doesn't feel like it was that long ago. Looking back, though, I guess it has been a very long time..

I can't get over how good the announcement trailer is. Hell, thinking about it, so is the proper trailer, which was one of the reasons for why I was unhealthily hyped. It really does do an amazing job at making the viewer intrigued (although I hated the designs from the very start).

Is it wrong I remember my first time seeing this trailer. I was in Spanish class, and I had finished my work so I was on Youtube checking for stuff to watch after class. I saw this trailer in my subbox and I immediately asked my teacher if I could use my headphones, she let me, and lo and behold, I'm hyped and the hype will never die, until the 19th when I can actually play it and presumably love it

I still remember how I immediately thought of Ninian when I first saw Azura, and I still think they look similar.

It's been a long year, and the Hype train has felt like a Hype Rollercoaster at points, but 35 days remain, and I can't wait to get my hands on this game.