Travel all of Europe in 1 vacation?

Dark_Melee64

I know some people especially my cousin who has traveled alot of European countries in one vacation. Like how does that work? Is it like cheap to travel all around of Europe? Is it difficult?

I'm not traveling but I want to know how this works. Sometimes I wonder like how do they get around and or this sounds silly but have all the money?

If anyone knows anything please tell me I just want to learn how this works.

Well, uh, either you have a lot of time and you travel by car (meaning you sleep in it too) or you're gonna pay a lot for hotels and transports. It's still expensive because if you want to travel all around Europe you'll have to pay a lot for petrol. And highways, although I'm not completely sure about how they work outside Italy - I know there are some nice places like Austria in which you pay when you enter the country and you can go almost wherever you want without paying anything else (for like some days, or years if you live there I guess).

Anyway it's not difficult at all to travel here, there aren't that many controls when you enter another country (unless said country is Russia, that is). That varies from country to country, although this applies to most of them.

Totally worth it though.

Edited by Luce

I would actually reccomend against it. You will have like 1 day per country and every city should have enough things to do for 1 to 2 weeks. And not to mention that traveling and hotels can get really expensive. Especially in western Europe where everything is quite a bit more expensive then in the USA.

Mostly people do it so they can say they have been there. But really just driving through in your car ignoring all there is to do and see does not count as having been there in my opinion.

Why would you? Europe is not culturally homogenous like China or 'merrica and also not mostly empty like one of them either. (not that it matters, anyway)

Europe also has a whole bunch of countries to go to, though I suppose tourists aren't usually interested in most of the Eastern countries. It's a lot cheaper in the east though.

But regardless, you'll be missing out on goddamn everything if you want to do Europe in one go. So don't.

Some European train operators sell a set number of tickets at heavily discounted prices if you book early enough. For example, I paid less than 10% standard fare taking the train from Oslo to Bergen by buying ahead like this. Some bus operators do the same, which is great for traveling between countries inexpensively, and buses should be much cheaper than trains anyways. Then you have budget airlines like Ryanair which can be extraordinarily affordable if you're not carrying much and can schedule flexibly. And don't forget hitchhiking coupled with walking.

I would imagine most people trying a whirlwind tour would keep their costs down by these means, plus sleeping at camping sites, in fields, maybe in a car, or at strangers' (or friends') houses. Keep in mind the eastern countries are generally much less expensive than the north and the west too.

Edited by Wist

A proper Eurotrip takes months. It involves stopping for some time to work (probably at an English speaking place) so that you can make some money and then moving on to another country. I'd say at least 6 months.

Me and two friends are planning a Eurotrip but with a specific route and it's gonna be in about two years (we did a USA trip last summer). It's something we're working to acheive moneywise since we don't want to stop to work.