Starting Lunatic Mode

Naziro

So I was going to start playing Lunatic Mode and wanted to know if anyone can give me any tips. Such as, If I should go classic or casual mode. This is my first time playing Lunatic mode.

((EDIT: I have the DLC MAP "EXPonetial Growth." I'm guessing I should grind that right?))

Edited by Grima of Depair

If you play well enough not to let anyone die, choose Classic to make your experience more demanding.

Usually three or four people die in my gameplay. But I'll try my hardest!

So I was going to start playing Lunatic Mode and wanted to know if anyone can give me any tips. Such as, If I should go classic or casual mode. This is my first time playing Lunatic mode

For an easier time, take a female avatar and marry Chrom to the Avatar then focus on that couple as much as you can for level. Spam your staves with Lissa to heal even the smallest damages and Lissa can level up without needing combat experience for an additional character, pair her with somebody like Libra who starts acceptably and also uses staves so that that entire couple is not dependent on actually fighting and you can field two staff units should you need to separate them. If you focus enough of your experience on Chrom and Robin then Morgen and Lucina will be usable right when you recruit, Owain should be somewhat usable when he's available as well. Frederick takes a lot of experience, but he's a promoted class for free you can use him as a back unit for the whole game. (He becomes useless damage-wise, but you can use him as a quick marriage to somebody and just keep him around for the S support when he becomes useless, he can at least pass Luna pretty easily as well even if he doesn't contribute to the child's stats) In the end if you want an easier time keep your unit choices low.

Chrom

Robin

Lissa

Libra

Frederick/Kellam

Olivia (doesn't compete for staff or fighting exp can benefit from either Kellam or Frederick's defense pair up bonuses)

Lucina

Morgen

Owain

Inigo

Virion has exclusive dibs on bows for awhile so he can be used if you like him I personally left him. Kellam is viable as a pair-up unit or if he gets some speed from RNG luck he can be useful.

Edited by Dwlr

For an easier time, take a female avatar and marry Chrom to the Avatar then focus on that couple as much as you can for level. Spam your staves with Lissa to heal even the smallest damages and Lissa can level up without needing combat experience for an additional character, pair her with somebody like Libra who starts acceptably and also uses staves so that that entire couple is not dependent on actually fighting and you can field two staff units should you need to separate them. If you focus enough of your experience on Chrom and Robin then Morgen and Lucina will be usable right when you recruit, Owain should be somewhat usable when he's available as well. Frederick takes a lot of experience, but he's a promoted class for free you can use him as a back unit for the whole game. (He becomes useless damage-wise, but you can use him as a quick marriage to somebody and just keep him around for the S support when he becomes useless, he can at least pass Luna pretty easily as well even if he doesn't contribute to the child's stats) In the end if you want an easier time keep your unit choices low.

Chrom

Robin

Lissa

Libra

Frederick

1 other female character (I'd avoid Maribelle just so you aren't trying to use 3 staffs for experience)

I really didn't want to make a female unit but ok. I should've also mentioned that I bought DLC "EXPonential Growth'

I really didn't want to make a female unit but ok. I should've also mentioned that I bought DLC "EXPonential Growth'

If you don't mind using the DLC then there is absolutely nothing to worry about as you can just 'cheat' and overpower them. Robin and Chrom still make a good couple for the beginning, but marry Robin to Lissa, problem solved that is if you want an easier time without using the DLC.

I'd use Sumia for Chrom just for ease of marriage and Chrom might need the speed boost depending on the RNG, Libra can go to Olivia.

Chrom/Sumia

Robin/Lissa

Libra/Olivia

Owain or Morgen/Lucina

Owain or Morgen/Cynthia

Leave out Inigo you won't need him or replace Libra as Olivia's partner with Inigo.

Edited by Dwlr

If you don't mind using the DLC then there is absolutely nothing to worry about as you can just 'cheat' and overpower them. Robin and Chrom still make a good couple for the beginning, but marry Robin to Lissa, problem solved that is if you want an easier time without using the DLC.

I'd use Sumia for Chrom just for ease of marriage and Chrom might need the speed boost depending on the RNG, Libra can go to Olivia.

Chrom/Sumia

Robin/Lissa

Libra/Olivia

Owain or Morgen/Lucina

Owain or Morgen/Cynthia

Leave out Inigo you won't need him or replace Libra as Olivia's partner with Inigo.

So um, everyone got one shot....do I just rely on Fredrick for the whole chapter?

So um, everyone got one shot....do I just rely on Fredrick for the whole chapter?

If you're just starting over you have to watch the ranges, if you use Frederick too much you'll make it harder for yourself. Make sure Robin is always paired for the bonus exp, but when there is a weak enemy don't forget to get Chrom some early exp. GIve Freddy Robin's Bronze Sword and have him use that only using the SIlver Spear when really needed. The weaker sword should help leave enemies barely alive for Chrom or Robin to finish off. When you get to the end of the prologue you can use Robin paired with a weaponless Chrom at range and get on-hit exp healing with Lissa if you really want you can probably eek out an additional level for Lissa and Robin that way if you feel you're going to have trouble. (The prologue isn't that hard really if that gives you an idea of the potential struggle you might have before you can use DLC or get some second seals and master seals to the point where your units naturally become much stronger than the enemy.)

If you're really having trouble though you can take +HP, +Def, +Res to help you early on. HP gives +5 HP, Def and Res give +2 Def and Res respectively, any of them can help you survive a tad early on if you're desperate.

Edited by Dwlr

If you're just starting over you have to watch the ranges, if you use Frederick too much you'll make it harder for yourself. Make sure Robin is always paired for the bonus exp, but when there is a weak enemy don't forget to get Chrom some early exp. GIve Freddy Robin's Bronze Sword and have him use that only using the SIlver Spear when really needed. The weaker sword should help leave enemies barely alive for Chrom or Robin to finish off. When you get to the end of the prologue you can use Robin paired with a weaponless Chrom at range and get on-hit exp healing with Lissa if you really want you can probably eek out an additional level for Lissa and Robin that way if you feel you're going to have trouble. (The prologue isn't that hard really if that gives you an idea of the potential struggle you might have before you can use DLC or get some second seals and master seals to the point where your units naturally become much stronger than the enemy.)

If you're really having trouble though you can take +HP, +Def, +Res to help you early on. HP gives +5 HP, Def and Res give +2 Def and Res respectively, any of them can help you survive a tad early on if you're desperate.

Thanks. This really helps

Thanks. This really helps

It gets better once you can start picking your units, but it does get harder than prologue before it gets easier so I really can't stress enough not to overuse Freddy to make it easier on yourself.