Inserting foreign letters (Þ, Ð & Ø) into the text?

SoupyGhost

I am making a FE7 Hack with FEditor. During the story, the characters visit a country based on Iceland/Norway, with character names being based on Nordic ones throughout the arc, such as Valþrúður. Is it possible to insert the extra characters þ, ð and ø in the game?

I know that there's a Spanish patch that edits the graphic of the text to replace symbols such as &, {, [, etc with áéíóúüñ (so, for example, you'd type est{s in FEditor and it would come out as estás in-game), but I have no idea what is the exact offset of the graphics/TSA of the dialogue text in GBAGE. A quick Compare in HxD gives b87d65 as a starting point for the changes made by the patch, but given that opening the rom in GBAGE/Tile Layer Pro gives nothing without knowing the exact offsets, I dunno.

I'm interested in using letters beyond the basic A—Z in GBAFE as well, so if you do find out how to do it can you post it here? I sincerely apologise if everything that I posted here is already common knowledge, but on the off chance that it isn't it might give people a starting point to begin searching.

You would have to insert that into the font image and then encode the text yourself

Alrighty, I'll look into that and seems simple enough. Thanks!

I know that there's a Spanish patch that edits the graphic of the text to replace symbols such as &, {, [, etc with áéíóúüñ (so, for example, you'd type est{s in FEditor and it would come out as estás in-game), but I have no idea what is the exact offset of the graphics/TSA of the dialogue text in GBAGE. A quick Compare in HxD gives b87d65 as a starting point for the changes made by the patch, but given that opening the rom in GBAGE/Tile Layer Pro gives nothing without knowing the exact offsets, I dunno.

I'm interested in using letters beyond the basic A—Z in GBAFE as well, so if you do find out how to do it can you post it here? I sincerely apologise if everything that I posted here is already common knowledge, but on the off chance that it isn't it might give people a starting point to begin searching.

Oh, that's pretty neat! I'll probably put that to use if editing the font image turns out to be too much work. I was wondering about the á and ú's anyway as well. If I find a good way to implement it I'll try and share all I can =]