Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

Because it's not creepy in the country wherein it was made, and people here don't want to be stripped of the ability to experience everything they got. It's a matter of being able to have the choice for me, not the choice itself.

Also, in the right corner of your post, there's an edit to the left of the multiquote button. Might be hard to see on some interfaces. Please use that instead of double posting. If you want to make sure people see it, just write "Edit" in front of it, and bold it.

The 'country where it is made' thing is particularly prevalent from my point of view, because typically I seek out foreign media (of all stripes) because I'm specifically looking for viewpoints not grounded in western influence. I'm reminded of early anime localizations where people made the baffling decision to try and pass off onigiri as donuts, which even as a kid I knew was BS. I wish more localization companies understood this, because reducing those unfamiliar elements does lessen the value somewhat.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone was wondering why people are only now coming out of the woodwork to defend the skinshipping, this, this is why. Nobody wanted to be accused of all these utterly baseless things just to defend a harmless game feature that, at the time, didn't seem to be going anywhere.

Really now? Because when I said that Nintendo of America was going to remove it, citing their previous actions as a company, an angry mob formed with torches and pitchforks. The only reason this is happening AGAIN is someone else brought it up.

We've already seen that. Hence "random Gfaqs Schmoe". Similar letters were sent out when people complained about Xenoblade X; it's PR fluff and nothing else.

The file size stuff would imply that it's either still there or been dummied out entirely.

TL;DR nothing new whatsoever.

It's frustrating how nobody in a position to actually confirm straight from the horses' mouth has done anything and are just riding the shitshow started by Kotaku.

Edited by The DanMan

To be honest I don't think we will get official word from Nintendo until the next direct. I imagine that would probably be next week so they can talk about Fire Emblem one last time, release Corrin in Smash Bros for more advertisement, and hopefully address the whole ordeal in an official way.

Edited by Tolvir

I imagine that it's still there for 2 reasons

1. If Skinship takes up so much space on the cart then why would they spend the extra money to store the data on the cart if it weren't going to be used

2. NoA probably has to get the license to use Live2D, it makes no sense for them to aquire it and not utilize it.

Nintendo will await all the flame die and the salt dissolve to give an official statement.

But anyway, if they removed the skinship, probably they will add again as a free DLC after all the flame wars it generated.

To be honest I don't think we will get official word from Nintendo until the next direct. I imagine that would probably be next week so they can talk about Fire Emblem one last time, release Corrin in Smash Bros for more advertisement, and hopefully address the whole ordeal in an official way.

Corrin's release date "will be revealed on the official website".

Really, this whole situation is massively frustrating from a journalistic standpoint.

Edited by The DanMan

"Unsensore FE"

"Unsensore"

Unsensore

UNSENSORE?!

... Why are people so stupid...

Reread that, wow someone clearly missed their spelling classes in Elementary school.

i-cannot-brain-today-i-has-the-dumb-cat.

Edited by Tolvir

Thats what it looks like.He was replying to someone who has that as their username. Some moron probably started up a twitter account over this and forgot to spell check his own name before he started.

I feel like we should understand that Nintendo's response (“Yes, that is the case [that petting isn’t in the English version]. You might have heard somewhat misinterpreted or exaggerated information about the Japanese original game, but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan.”) really depends on the question asked, which is exactly what he's NOT giving us here.

Those tweets are useless. If he asked 'will it be CENSORED' that is MUCH different from 'will it be GONE'. And look at the rest of their sentence! If they really did anything past light or medium censorship they would say that they think the features are inappropriate in America, not defend it and say that whatever we're worried about isn't as bad as it seems. It's much more likely he asked if it would be censored and not completely removed, and censored =/= removed.

I'm a little biased but the petting thing is literally only 10% of the excitement for me. If you feel like I'm grabbing at straws it's honestly just because I don't want to think about whatever's going to happen if it wasn't at least replaced.

First off. . .Integrity, you're the best, thanks for being awesome.

Second, someone needs to archive those tweets. If this winds up being a misinterpretation of sorts, I want Kotaku to be held accountable. I think it's really weird that only one guy from one website somehow has this information, and it's some sort of off-the-record thing.

Or this could be a giant publicity stunt, in which case, I hope every other video game company blacklists Kotaku for it. It's one thing to drum publicity, but not at the expense of the game itself.