Good classes for Kamui/Corrin?

darkfire998

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I recently started playing Fire Emblem Fates and I would like to ask which classes are good for Kamui/Corrin, because I would like to reclass him. I'm playing Hoshido/Lunatic atm, but I would like to know for Nohr as well.

Icwas thinking of making him a samurai for Hoshido (so I could use Yato, since i's only for Kamui) and pair him with Kagerou. Is it a good choice?

Is Kamui good as a magic class too?

I was told that Cavalier is a great class for Corrin in Hoshido, where Samurai was another great class for him/her in Nohr.

If you want a good class for Corrin in PvP then Master Ninja is the ideal class due to having Sword and Dagger access. He/She can use the Brave Dagger and Yato.

Samurai is a good choice because you retain your weapon rank and Yato access, get second proc skill with Astra, and you become really dodgy between Swordmaster bonuses, Yato bonuses, and Jakob's personal skill.

Ninja is also good because daggers are just really great for 1-2 range (apparently late game Hoshido gets really dense with enemies), and you keep your Yato post promotion. For both samurai and ninja, you probably want a +Strength asset.

Magic can work too, you'll need a +Magic asset of course. I've seen people post about how Diviner works well. I'm going to try a Dark Mage build, mostly because I just like Dark Knights. Apparently, +Magic Cavalier is also a good option for Levin Sword use (which isn't available in Hoshido).

Edited by Mango Giamatti

Thank you very much, I think I'll try a samurai with +str -mag, then for Nohr I'll try Dark Mage.

Last question, should I do it again from chapter 1? My character that I have on chapter 7 has +speed -skill. From what I understand even if I change my assets for New decision the stats will remain as the ones I had with the previous character.

Thank you very much, I think I'll try a samurai with +str -mag, then for Nohr I'll try Dark Mage.

Last question, should I do it again from chapter 1? My character that I have on chapter 7 has +speed -skill. From what I understand even if I change my assets for New decision the stats will remain as the ones I had with the previous character.

Corrin performs a bit better as a physical unit since Dragonstones don't double. I wouldn't recommend Dark Mage for him/her too, because you lose your Sword weapon rank. Besides, you can just buddy Odin (Leo works too) or Nyx (depending on gender) for the dark mage class in Nohr. Samurai is a must for Nohr since you can't get the class through buddying.

Edited by Leif

Having Dark Mage as your secondary is fine. You regain your sword rank upon promotion, and 1x seems like a good place to grind up your tome rank. Buddy Sealling any of the other DMs isn't exactly practical, because you'd be reclassing later on, and being stuck at E rank during midgame seems bad. Plus it means that you'd actually have to use and build up a support rank with Odin/Nyx. Dark Mage's biggest problems seems to be speed, but that can be rectified with tonics and a +Spd pair up. Having Diviner as your secondary gives you more speed at the cost of some bulk, but in that case you'd want to end up as a Dark Blood for the sword and tome access.

Corrin performs a bit better as a physical unit since Dragonstones don't double. I wouldn't recommend Dark Mage for him/her too, because you lose your Sword weapon rank. Besides, you can just buddy Odin (Leo works too) or Nyx (depending on gender) for the dark mage class in Nohr. Samurai is a must for Nohr since you can't get the class through buddying.

Doubling an enemy and taking 1 hit is better than beating an enemie without taking any hits? Why?

Doubling an enemy and taking 1 hit is better than beating an enemie without taking any hits? Why?

Doubling is better for late game when the units are more deadly, especially when you have ninjas who can wreck your stats in Nohr.

I see the dragonstones being more useful early game, but becoming a tad more obsolete later on.

Edited by Leif

Doubling is better for late game when the units are more deadly, especially when you have ninjas who can wreck your stats in Nohr.

I see the dragonstones being more useful early game, but becoming a tad more obsolete later on.

When you double a ninja, you get the debuff even if you ORKO him.

It is still better to beat enemies without taking hits in late game, especially ninjas.