What are the odds of a Vestaria Saga fan translation?

MCProductions

Didn't someone get in contact with Kaga to see about an English translation? I seem to recall that happening a while ago. And that Kaga was surprised westerners knew who he was or something.

Considering Berwick Saga still doesn't have a translation... probably not for a long time. SRPG games are easier to hack than PS games but even then I don't think the games have enough of a fanbase. Japanese games aren't impossible to play though. You figure out menu commands and whatnot after a little trial and error. You won't understand the story, but eh.

• 4 weeks later...

it'll take a while but i'll at least try to put together a (very) rough translation as i play, if only so i can understand it myself. if no one else does it better i'll do what i can (which isn't much but at least it's something)

at the very least i can try to whip up a menu guide so you can still make your way around the game

it'll take a while but i'll at least try to put together a (very) rough translation as i play, if only so i can understand it myself. if no one else does it better i'll do what i can (which isn't much but at least it's something)

at the very least i can try to whip up a menu guide so you can still make your way around the game

Thanks man, I'd appreciate that.

Shoot, this game really doesn't have that much interest in it, does it? I really wouldn't want to play this without a complete translation, and I'm still more interested in this than I am in Fates (which I have yet to buy).

Hopefully somebody is able to fully translate it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Spoiler

vs_intro.pngvs1.pngvs2.pngvs3.pngvs4.png

I know that this topic is pretty old (and the hype for this game has waned in the last few months) but I just wanted to share this. Some people have said that since Kaga encrypted the game with SRPG Studio it may require a reverse engineering of the data file to translate. This isn't true, as you can see above. 

The game actually loads what appears to be the entire script into memory in regular Unicode encoding as soon as it starts. This makes it possible to use something like Cheat Engine to go in and modify the script. This could potentially allow for a translation without figuring out the data.dts file encryption, since theoretically a program could be made that starts the game and immediately replaces the script with a new english one. Now obviously there are issues like having to modify pointers to fit a translated script (haven't even looked at that yet), and also the default english font seems to have some spacing issues. But let it be known it is very possible to do this if one had the desire.

P.S. No i'm not translating this game, nor do I have any plans to in the future. The new berwick saga translation that recently started made me want to look into this game :)

Edited by joesteve1914

• 3 months later...

I hope me posting here is okay: I was going to make a new topic but would have had more or less the same title and asked the same thing as the OP verbatim so...sorry for the necropost!

I just wanted to ask if there's been any progress on a fan translation for this game. I'm fine if it's just for the opening; I'd just like to get a feel for the game before the official English release.

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...