Blazing Sword

Tangerine

I also really like the colouring here. Nergal has a grin you want to wipe off his face, which means you know you've done a great job, lol!

Reminds me of the boxart for Gaiden. Good job.

I didn't notice that! That's a pretty cool observation.

If there's one thing I find extremely strong about this drawing, it would be the colours. The way the artist used this palette to their advantage really creates a unique bold feeling to the overall composition. Well drawn and great use of colour - very nice job.

Interesting choice in colors, but what I like about this most are the thick, bold lines and excellent shading. To me, I think that's what really makes this pop and work so well.

Such a neat compostion !

The uses and flows of colors are quite interesting :D.
Nergal may smirk for now, but of course I want Hector's and Lyn's grins to be the last, fufufu !

Well done ! So lovely !

Hi, chiming in after seeing you wanted constructive criticism. But on a technical level I can't really say much, because I think it's great. Like Shaman said, the sense of temperature is awesome.

Going into constructive feedback, Eliwood's fingers are a bit off. His belt, while it looks fine when looking at the whole picture, looks strange on its own; I think it would be better defined with darker lines, or maybe the lighting could be less harsh, or maybe the base color could be changed. I think the castle-looking structure behind the fire could either be expanded upon or removed entirely. The perspective on Nergal's arms seems a little off to me too, although I think the hands are good in scale and perspective.

I believe I voted for this in the first round, but I didn't vote for it in the finals. As I said, on a technical level it is one of the best illustrations in the contest, but the color palette, which is this illustration's best quality in my opinion, does not mesh with my perspective on what Blazing Sword is. If this were any other game, I think it would have left an even greater impression on me.

Edited by SirRob