Why hasn't Adept returned as a skill in this game?

Espinosa

Until Radiant Dawn, Adept had always been a staple skill in the FE series whenever skills were involved, even being featured in the FE-related TearRing Saga.

While its mechanics may have been slightly different depending on the game, it's a little strange that it was omitted in Awakening and it appears that it won't have returned in this game either. Does anybody else feel there's no reason for it to not return when Astra/Luna/Sol are still in?

Maybe the devs treat DSes as Adept or something. Or they might have run out of classes to put it on. (speaking of, why'd Nihil kick it as well?)

I'm pretty certain Nihil was gone in Awakening, so Dragonskin and other final boss skills wouldn't be affected. In Awakening anyway

Adept is likely just because Dual Strikes could easily render the skill completely broken, instead of the small timesaver it is in older games.

Astra grants you 5 hits and nobody has a problem with that. It's true that Adept with Luna's activation rate would be a lot more preferable, though. However, Vengeance did have its activation rate reduced in the transition to Fates, so there's no reason why Adept - a classic FE skill - wouldn't receive the same treatment either.

I think it would be cool if they brought it back and I don't see how dual strikes make it "redundant". You can always tweak numbers to balance the skill.

I wonder what class it would go on. Dread Fighter might be cool.

Edited by NekoKnight