Ammibo Exclusive Content?

Rezzy

Is there any content walled behind Ammibos in this game? I'm a completionist and even got all the DLC for Awakening, but knowing the shortage issues with Amiibos, I'll be a bit miffed if there's stuff only unlockable with Amiibos.

Ike, Marth, Lucina and Robin (maybe Roy) are playable units if you scan in their amiibos.

This, and certain items can only be obtained thru Amiibo. They are purely for looks tho .

Edited by MCProductions

There isn't an Amiibo shortage anymore, that's old news. I see Ike in every GameStop I walk into these days. I've seen a lot of Marths too. No Robin or Lucina though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, Amiibo prices on Amazon and other such sites have dropped a lot. Even Robin and Lucina are fairly cheap.

Edited by Anacybele

While each amiibo gives you access to them as playable characters in unique classes that otherwise can only be gotten for other characters via DLC they also give you the following accessories.

Marth-Dragon's Hairclip (Tiki's Head piece) and Marth's Tiara (Self explanatory)

Ike-Lehran's Medallion (A Shoulder piece) and Ike's Poulder (Ike's Hero class shoulder piece)

Robin-Fell Dragon Feather (Grima's wing that goes in your hair I believe) and Robin's bookcase (Similar to that merchant thing for you back, but a bookcase)

Lucina-Bear Hat/Clip (A beat hat or clip. I can' remember) and the Butterfly Mask (The mask Lucina wore when disguised as Marth)

All of them give bonuses during My Castle battles.

Also since I feel it is relevant, by having FEA data on your 3DS, you get the Emblem Sheild, a.k.a the Fire Emblem that Chrom has when he is a Great Lord.

Edited by Azz

There isn't an Amiibo shortage anymore, that's old news. I see Ike in every GameStop I walk into these days. I've seen a lot of Marths too. No Robin or Lucina though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, Amiibo prices on Amazon and other such sites have dropped a lot. Even Robin and Lucina are fairly cheap.

They're still looking a bit pricey on Amazon: $20+. Are Amiibos region locked? It looks like the Japan-import ones are cheaper.

You also get their own weapons, but only they can use it.

Marth: Divine Falchion

Ike: Divine Ragnell

Lucina: Parrallel Falchion

Robin: Thoron

Oh forgot about them.

Also, if they are the shop keeper in the armoury, they sell replica versions of their weapons that are not as powerful, but still good.

I was looking at Robin on Amazon yesterday and he was under $20 of course I looked at more then one page and Lucina was around the same price. Those were the Japanese ones though but since there is no region lock it is fine to get the cheapest. I ordered them both from Japan through Amazon and they both work perfectly. Amazon started selling the Japanese Amiibo direct from their warehouse last fall (I ordered a Japanese Shulk and it came from the warehouse here in the US) so the shipping costs are not as bad as when I bought mine last summer. The FE Amiibo are really good IMO as figures, but it is up to you if you want to get them or not.

While each amiibo gives you access to them as playable characters in unique classes that otherwise can only be gotten for other characters via DLC they also give you the following accessories.

Marth-Dragon's Hairclip (Tiki's Head piece) and Marth's Tiara (Self explanatory)

Ike-Lehran's Medallion (A Shoulder piece) and Ike's Poulder (Ike's Hero class shoulder piece)

Robin-Fell Dragon Feather (Grima's wing that goes in your hair I believe) and Robin's bookcase (Similar to that merchant thing for you back, but a bookcase)

Lucina-Bear Hat/Clip (A beat hat or clip. I can' remember) and the Butterfly Mask (The mask Lucina wore when disguised as Marth)

All of them give bonuses during My Castle battles.

Also since I feel it is relevant, by having FEA data on your 3DS, you get the Emblem Sheild, a.k.a the Fire Emblem that Chrom has when he is a Great Lord.

You also get their own weapons, but only they can use it.

Marth: Divine Falchion

Ike: Divine Ragnell

Lucina: Parrallel Falchion

Robin: Thoron

Neat! Thanks guys. I need to hunt for a Lucina, for she is the only FE amiibo im missing. (i got Roy coming on preorder)

Yeah, a lot of the amiibo related stuff you get is for aesthetic purposes. One good thing is that amiibo aren't region locked and the only real differences between different region amiibo is the box being in a different language. A few of mine are Japanese import due to them being rare in NA. Thankfully the amiibo scalping fiasco seems to have died down now that a lot of amiibo are more in supply than the first five waves were.

Oh forgot about them.

Also, if they are the shop keeper in the armoury, they sell replica versions of their weapons that are not as powerful, but still good.

Are you able to buy multiple copies of their replica weapons? Or is it just one per weapon?

Are you able to buy multiple copies of their replica weapons? Or is it just one per weapon?

I believe it is one per chapter. I don't recall in all honestly, I never had them as the shop keepers of the armory, I just remember my friend pointing it out.

There's still a shortage. Nintendo just seems to rotate them out a bit now. Which is good.

However, that's a topic for a different day. I'll not expound upon that further here.

I went into Gamestop and they were completely out of FE Ammibos. The had Mario, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon ones, but nothing from FE and they had no idea when they would be getting more.