Dakota's War Journal (Semiblind Fire Emblem Fates RP/LP) (Send me your castles!)

Alastor15243

LP direction  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do about covering the Paralogues?

• Cover all of them
    • Only cover the ones relevant to Dakota or that you feel you can do something interesting with
    • Don't cover any of them
  2. 2. What should I be able to edit about my character in Conquest/Revealtion?

• Boon/Bane, but not Talent
    • Talent, but not Boon/Bane
    • Both
    • Neither
    • Do what you like
  3. 3. Should I use the path bonus items?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Which entries does it start at?

I first noticed it around the start of page two of the thread, but now that I'm looking at the page again, images that were broken before are working now. Odd. Maybe I've just got terrible luck.

2 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Valla!

RIP.

(Looking forward to the update :) )

Edit: Oh wait, oops duh you're in Valla it doesn't effect you *disolves due to not being in Valla*

Edited by deskita

Hahahahahaha... so... chapter 19 complete... and holy shit... I got away with something so batshit insane that I'd almost refuse to believe it happened if I didn't have screenshots. Oh my god... that's probably the most hilarious mindless fun I've ever had playing Fire Emblem. Wow. Revelation still isn't really engaging at all from a strategy point of view, but holy shit was that moment fucking magical.

Granted, this was only possible due to an insanely conveniently-timed coincidence, and it could have happened in any version of the game, but still... I can't wait to write and publish this entry eventually.

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Hahahahahaha... so... chapter 19 complete... and holy shit... I got away with something so batshit insane that I'd almost refuse to believe it happened if I didn't have screenshots. Oh my god... that's probably the most hilarious mindless fun I've ever had playing Fire Emblem. Wow. Revelation still isn't really engaging at all from a strategy point of view, but holy shit was that moment fucking magical.

Granted, this was only possible due to an insanely conveniently-timed coincidence, and it could have happened in any version of the game, but still... I can't wait to write and publish this entry eventually.

Sounds interesting. I'm curious to see what happened. Also, I've actually got every skill on every gen 1 unit on a revelations save, so if you need anything... questionable (grisly wound, aptitude, etc)... just let me know.

Chapter 20 complete. Looks like I'm keeping up a schedule of doing one chapter every day but wednesdays and thursdays, so yeah, looks like I'll be able to do some paralogues! Any requests?

Also, regarding Anthony:

Spoiler

While I agree the avatar was an idiot to trust him in the opening to chapter 21, regarding the end to chapter 20...

HOLY SHIT XANDER.

Were you seriously about to murder a fucking child over such little evidence!? SERIOUSLY!? I can't believe I actually agreed with the avatar on something, but wow, what the hell were you thinking, Xander?

Chapter 21 complete. It was... an... interesting gimmick? I mean, it would've been if the red tile enemies were really strong, but they weren't. I had to mix it up a bit to keep things interesting. I'm going to be adding in additional challenges to these late-game missions so that my commentary can suit the higher narrative stakes.

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

Chapter 21 complete. It was... an... interesting gimmick? I mean, it would've been if the red tile enemies were really strong, but they weren't. I had to mix it up a bit to keep things interesting. I'm going to be adding in additional challenges to these late-game missions so that my commentary can suit the higher narrative stakes.

Long as you're making it entertaining to read, I'm cool with it. Also, that castle competition thing you mentioned a while back, would an einherjar yukimura work or would it have to be on a birthright save? I only have all skills the game considers legitimate (this means things like bold stance too) on my revelations save, and that's really the file I've sunk the most time into.

17 minutes ago, Ren_Ambrose said:

Long as you're making it entertaining to read, I'm cool with it. Also, that castle competition thing you mentioned a while back, would an einherjar yukimura work or would it have to be on a birthright save? I only have all skills the game considers legitimate (this means things like bold stance too) on my revelations save, and that's really the file I've sunk the most time into.

If you're actually going to have that ready in the next few days I'd love to give it a shot, and sure, einherjar if you must. I had kinda given up on that since I hadn't heard much about it from readers. But if you actually have something you think would be interesting, I'd love to see it!

Edited by Alastor15243

32 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

If you're actually going to have that ready in the next few days I'd love to give it a shot, and sure, einherjar if you must. I had kinda given up on that since I hadn't heard much about it from readers. But if you actually have something you think would be interesting, I'd love to see it!

I have enough items that at this point it's just a matter of finding a castle to recruit him from.

21 hours ago, Ren_Ambrose said:

I have enough items that at this point it's just a matter of finding a castle to recruit him from.

I can set it up for you. Any skills or classes you want in particular? Do note I pretty much haven't used my Yukimura ever so grinding him falls on you.

Man, the general design of Revelation is just consistently terrible. It seriously combines the worst of both worlds, having the bland, skillless enemies of birthright, but also lacking the zerg-rushing pressure of birthright that kept it from being a cakewalk and occasionally forced me to think. The enemies jut for the most part wait for you to come to them, there are almost no reinforcements, and the locktouch thieves don't come anywhere near fast enough to put on any kind of pressure. Every chapter I just get more and more disappointed.

But anyway, I just finished chapter 22.

On chapter 24. Just wondering, how bullshit is this “stealth mission” I’ve heard about? Is it at all feasible on iron-man, or should I go with my alternative idea, pretend the stealth isn’t an option, and go full-out showdown with the boss?

5 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

On chapter 24. Just wondering, how bullshit is this “stealth mission” I’ve heard about? Is it at all feasible on iron-man, or should I go with my alternative idea, pretend the stealth isn’t an option, and go full-out showdown with the boss?

It's been a while since I played through Revelations... If memory serves, it's just avoiding the promoted units, though i might be wrong on that.

Wait, scratch that, it's the unpromoted units doing patrols you have to avoid. Also, for the last room, be prepared to tank some bullcrap you can't see coming. Really that's the only thing I can see that might interfere with an ironman run.

53 minutes ago, SoloCross said:

IIRC doing the stealth mission gets you Boots.

Yeah, well, I already have three of those (used two on Azura). And considering who the boss is? I've got something more fun and climactic in store.

Edited by Alastor15243

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Alright, had a busy week, but back on track, 25 complete, will do the my castle battle on Friday after I do some paralogues offscreen, then I’ll finish up the last 3 battles with days to spare!

Sounds like a plan. I realize I probably should have told you earlier, but I actually used the save editor to get Scarlet back after chapter 17. You probably could have worked that in somehow, whoops.

19 minutes ago, Ren_Ambrose said:

Sounds like a plan. I realize I probably should have told you earlier, but I actually used the save editor to get Scarlet back after chapter 17. You probably could have worked that in somehow, whoops.

Oh trust me, I have plans for Scarlet.