Question about the first 6 chapters (This shouldn't count spoilers?)

KawaiiPersona

Continue On To The Decision Or The Beginning  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Start Over Or Continue On From The Decison?

• I'll Start Over From The Beginning
    • I'll Start At The Decision

Ok so I know the the first 6 chapters are the same until the choice, and i know if once you do the other path you can start at the decision. So if you just start off from the choice will the units lv/stats be the same as the path you did before up to that point or have set stats/lv. Oh yeah do you guys plan to start straight at the decision or start over?

Edited by KawaiiPersona

Since I'm playing Conquest first, will probably start from the decision in subsequent Conquest playthroughs, but will start from the beginning in Hoshido playthroughs. This way I can maximize the exp my Avatar gets experience-wise pre-Conquest (no exp for you, Kaze and Rinkah)

I'll definitely be using the option to start at the decision point when I can, mostly because I find chapters 4 and 5 pretty static and boring (stupid Ryouma, stop stealing my kills).

One thing to note, though, is that starting from the decision point retains the level-ups, difficulty, and mode that you had at the time of the decision point on your last playthrough. If you want to decrease the difficulty or mode, you can always do that after chapter 6, but if you want to up the difficulty or choose a harder mode, you have to start from the beginning. Like if your last playthrough was on Normal/Casual, you can't suddenly start from the decision point on Hard/Classic. So I know I'll be restarting at some point.

I'll start over each time. In part this is because I would want to customize my character and play through the early chapters as that character. My various playthroughs will likely take place a decent span of time apart, so I would want the emotions fresh. Additionally, I'll need to do it that way anyway because I'm getting separate physical copies of Birthright and Conquest. SE was sold out by the time BF and I realized pre-orders were being taken, and he is getting me the games so they need to be physical. (He's from the US and I'm from Canada, so it would be a pain for him to get me something digital.) On the plus side, it means my little brother can borrow one copy while I play the other and then we can switch.

Currently undecided. If you weren't prompted to recreate your avatar when you choose to start from the decision, I would definitely do that. We'll have to see once I get my hands on the game.

At the Beginning.

Want different Avatars and different skills for people to whom the avatars are married to.

From what was told to me in the "I Just Want To Know One Thing" thread, the only real reason to start over (besides changing the difficulty) is if you're picking a different gender. Corrin and everyone else's Exp carries over from your most recent Ch 6 file, but Flora/Jakob (whichever you didn't get) will start at Lv 1 if you make a different gender Corrin. Depends on if you want to use them or not.