Fire Emblem 1 updated translation patch

Mega Koopa

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to help, but it depends on what you need help with. When you say you have trouble locating untranslated lines of text, do you mean that you know there's untranslated lines of text that you have trouble locating in the game code or do you mean there may still be untranslated text you don't know exists?

I could be of help if it's issues with the completeness of the script or with translating, but I suck at anything technical.

I mean things like the gibberish that the Storage man says if you try to deposit an item with an empty inventory or the random stuff that the Chapter 12 boss exclaims before you fight him.

I mean things like the gibberish that the Storage man says if you try to deposit an item with an empty inventory or the random stuff that the Chapter 12 boss exclaims before you fight him.

I just checked the storage man and he just says something like: "You don't have anything I can take."

Unfortunately I'm in no position to check Volzhin's / Heimler's quote now.

Update time:

So for a while I have been struggling for weeks to learn how to edit pointers in nes roms. For example, In the old translation patch Manaketes where known as Mamkutes and "Mamkute" has one less letter than "Manakete", so I had trouble changing the name until recently. Ujud9q5.png

I also redid the title since I think the old font worked better for the title than the other one. ZlUDufPg.png

Other than that I changed the opening text that says "At first, there are Dark Dragon, Falchion sword and.." to make it make a little more since.

Edited by Megakoopax

Nice progress. How did you end up extending the space limit anyway? That gave me trouble when I tried fiddling around with FE1 hacking.

If you still need help with testing/locating text I might be able to help.

Nice progress. How did you end up extending the space limit anyway? That gave me trouble when I tried fiddling around with FE1 hacking.

If you still need help with testing/locating text I might be able to help.

To answer your first question, what I did was just edit the pointers in the rom so the referred to different locations, here's a tutorial if you need one. http://www.romhacking.net/documents/47/

For your second question I only need help locating some of the gibberish text that I can't find.

Alright. I'll go poke around for the Chapter 12 boss quote. If there a savefile floating around that's near midgame that would be helpful.

Here, I have a .sav file right here.

http://www.filedropper.com/fireemblem (don't worry it's not a rom)

Edited by Megakoopax

iBgwbti.png

I think I found Volzhin's boss quote

also good lord I didn't mean for the image to be that big oops.

Thanks very much, As for untranslated text the only things I need left are the text that shows up when your weapon breaks in the arena, the text that displays when enemy clerics use the mend staff and the text that shows when you use the Aum Staff. Other than that, I think I'm mostly finished I just need to proofread the text and fix some spelling/grammatical errors.

I found the arena and Aum messages: http://imgur.com/a/DpWOO

By the way, do you have a changelist what untranslated messages you translated? I mess with FE1 in my spare time, and I have found some messages like trying to send items to storage when it's full, alternative game over messages, and the opening section of the bad ending.

By the way, do you have a changelist what untranslated messages you translated? I mess with FE1 in my spare time, and I have found some messages like trying to send items to storage when it's full, alternative game over messages, and the opening section of the bad ending.

Thanks for the Aum and Arena messages. Most of the text I have translated so far have been from this thread, I wasn't awake of the full storage, opening section and alternate game over messages.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for this late question, but is it possible if you can send me pictures of untranslated text and the strings they are located on. I'm having trouble finding them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy with things like school, pokemon crystal, srw, play-testing, etc.1F0Bdd6.png28WlWvD.png

I plan on releasing this patch before the end of this month, but I still have a few more lines of untranslated stuff to find and fix.

Edited by Megakoopax

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, June 16, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, June 16, 2016 - No reason given

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy with things like school, pokemon crystal, srw, play-testing, etc.1F0Bdd6.png28WlWvD.png

I planned on releasing this patch before the end of this month, but I still have a few more lines of untranslated stuff to find and fix.

Pachyderm. Awwhh. I will miss the "Take this! Elephant!" line.

This is looking good. Do you plan on redoing translations for any other games in the future?

I will miss "Take this! Elephant" too.

And no, I don't plan on doing any other FE game unless I learn more about SNES text editing.