Calculations Changes in Fates

Big Klingy

I'm sure I've been beaten to this by tons of other people, but I was just going over some old analysis I did to get hyped for the release day, and I remembered a few things that might help when it comes to doing the Calculations page for this game.

Note: all the info I gathered here was calculated from pre-release screenshots (due to my avoidance of spoilers), so I'm not sure if any of it changed in the final game.

Going by the Hit, Avoid and Crit shown in the very first screenshots of the game (generic enemy Outlaw and Nohr Route Corrin)

• Crit formula has definately changed since Awakening: there it was Weapon’s Critical + (Skill / 2). [Rounding down] It now appears to be Weapon Critical + (Skill / 3) [Rounding down], unless the Yato lowers crit rate or something.
  • Hit and Avoid seem to run off the same formulas as in Awakening (Weapon’s Hit rate + [(Skill x 3 + Luck) / 2] and (Speed x 3 + Luck) / 2 respectively.

Other than that, I'm not sure what's changed. But it's interesting to know crit rate has been nerfed since the previous game, hopefully that means less fluke 1% crits from the enemy but... maybe not.

Is critical avoid still 1 point per 1 luck?

No. I've heard that crit evade is half your luck stat.

I'm sure I've been beaten to this by tons of other people, but I was just going over some old analysis I did to get hyped for the release day, and I remembered a few things that might help when it comes to doing the Calculations page for this game.

Note: all the info I gathered here was calculated from pre-release screenshots (due to my avoidance of spoilers), so I'm not sure if any of it changed in the final game.

Going by the Hit, Avoid and Crit shown in the very first screenshots of the game (generic enemy Outlaw and Nohr Route Corrin)

• Crit formula has definately changed since Awakening: there it was Weapon’s Critical + (Skill / 2). [Rounding down] It now appears to be Weapon Critical + (Skill / 3) [Rounding down], unless the Yato lowers crit rate or something.
  • Hit and Avoid seem to run off the same formulas as in Awakening (Weapon’s Hit rate + [(Skill x 3 + Luck) / 2] and (Speed x 3 + Luck) / 2 respectively.

Other than that, I'm not sure what's changed. But it's interesting to know crit rate has been nerfed since the previous game, hopefully that means less fluke 1% crits from the enemy but... maybe not.

Actually, I've read that the crit formula in this game is (skill-4) / 2). Also, enemy units in classes like Swordmaster only get half the crit bonus.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Confirming again that:

- 1 crit avoid obtained per 2 points of luck.

- Enemy class bonuses are halved compared to player/NPC ones; not just critical bonuses. This also applies to negatives (so -5 crit avoid for berserkers becomes -2.5 -> -2 for enemies after rounding down).

- Your crit rate before factoring weapon and other bonuses = ((Skill-4) / 2).

Edited by ItzMeeMario