[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

JP voices will be everywhere if you use the undub. I assume using the Amie restoration without the undub will leave the voices in English, and using the undub with or without it will have them in Japanese.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small update,

DeathChaos25 (who joined us) has confirmed that there are actually dubbed Amie lines that can be used. You know what this means (Amie restoration should now include English dub instead of Japanese).

So all the Amie lines were dubbed and inserted into the game, but just not used? Or are you planning to use voices already in the game?

So all the Amie lines were dubbed and inserted into the game, but just not used? Or are you planning to use voices already in the game?

No, I think you misunderstood. The Amie was officially dubbed in English, but then Amie itself was completely turned off.

No, I think you misunderstood. The Amie was officially dubbed in English, but then Amie itself was completely turned off.

Oh, in that case I'm excited :)

I'm really looking forward to this release! Thanks so much to everyone involved, it'll be so great playing Fates as originally intended in English!

I think it's impressive how fast these guys have been working on this project!

I mean, this thread was opened Feb 16th, this means that in just under one month, they were able to break open the NA game, add back features, and design their own patcher! Incredible.

This is assuming they started working on it at or around Feb 16th. Even if not, still impressive!.

Just under two weeks actually. As for the work, they have been working on an english translation of the JP version for months. I'd assume that the translation is the most intensive part of the project, but I could be wrong.

DeathChaos25 (who joined us) has confirmed that there are actually dubbed Amie lines that can be used. You know what this means (Amie restoration should now include English dub instead of Japanese).

Huh, interesting choice on the part of NoA then, they bothered paying VAs for their work, then went and cut a bunch of it by removing the feature. That's almost as wasteful as Kojima not using multiple original songs he had recorded for MGSV.

i know its a lot of work but....any info about next releases? (Patcher) or the "patcher" is the release?

The patcher is just for those who're using cfws to install or play a version of the game. It relies on patch files, none of which have been released. When we release, it'll be updated in the title.

The most current info is in the OP. The patcher and restoration patches are coming soon.

A patcher-compatible swimsuit patch is already done, and is in testing phase right now. An undub patch (compatible with patcher) is entering testing tomorrow, and the tutorial is in the works.

If all goes well, we should have a release by this Saturday!

Note: The tutorial is for HANS users. CFW users will need to wait if they would like a specialized tutorial for this patch.

Found this thread today and registered about an hour later. I just want to say that I really appreciate the work that's been put into giving us back the content that was removed for the stupidest reasons (Even if it is mostly ecchi stuff).

Can't wait to see it finished!

I currently have 10.3 and have been using HANS to apply various patches to physical versions of Fates.

I didn't want to downgrade if possible but 10.6 seems to force my hand. I want to be able to access online play and buy the DLC but I believe I need to update my system to do that.

If I downgrade to 9.2 and install CFW (rXtools, specifically), will I still be able to run Homebrew and use HANS to patch my physical carts? How would homebrew work on a 10.6 emunand, if 10.6 stops menuhax from working?

I think I've found sufficient tutorials for the downgrade and cfw processes, I just want to make sure I can still use Homebrew and specifically HANS to apply patches to my physical games with CFW in 10.6 emunand (or however it works with cfw) as well as svdt to move my saves around.

Edited by XaosLogos

A small update,

I had a pretty strong feeling about that possibility. Its not the first time I've heard of things like that being left in the code. The dub work usually gets done before decisions like that are made from my experience.

I had a pretty strong feeling about that possibility. Its not the first time I've heard of things like that being left in the code. The dub work usually gets done before decisions like that are made from my experience.

Well we'll be making their payment worth it :p

RELEASE - FIRE EMBLEM FATES: SWIMSUIT RESTORATION

Thanks to the efforts of DeathChaos25, the first release of the Fire Emblem Fates Restoration Project is here!

The patch file can be found in the OP. For patcher use, be sure to decompress the file before having the patcher read it!

Our tutorial is still in the works (A picture version is also being made), so for those HANS users who don't know how to use it, please sit tight! (Or someone here can probably teach you).

REDIRECT TO OP: CLICK HERE.

Edited by luyairis

So if the Amie lines are still in, I wonder what the around 2,000 sound files that were supposedly removed from the NA version are.

Thing is, in the Japanese version, the Amie lines were found in the Sound/Stream folder, in the localization, all of them were moved into the sound database file Sound/IRON15_Sound.bcsar, so there are no "missing" files, they where just moved.

For these who are out of luck with hacks there is a way to use browserhacks and avoid browser version check:

From http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php

As of February 24, 2016, the browser-version-check requires that the installed Old3DS browser be on >=v10.6. With New3DS, it only has to be on >=v10.2 currently. To bypass this requirement on Old3DS/New3DS, you can do the following(if you want to know how this works see here):

1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.

Would like to ask this before I go into the poopstorm that is GBATemp:

Does 3DS have homebrew where it "soft"/"live" patches a game? Where the modified files on the SD Card, and when you boot the game, it'll read that data alongside with the game. The most notable example that did this was Brawl with the custom file loader, which mods like Project M used. Also for PSP there was a Live Patch that was used for the Final Fantasy Tactics WotL slowdown removal patch.

I'm just curious if 3DS has an equivalent, so I could still use my retail cart, instead of making a backup and packing/unpacking a ROM. Unless this HANS thing does this, but I can't find clarification atm.

Edited by Jacien

Would like to ask this before I go into the poopstorm that is GBATemp:

Does 3DS have homebrew where it "soft"/"live" patches a game? Where the modified files on the SD Card, and when you boot the game, it'll read that data alongside with the game. The most notable example that did this was Brawl with the custom file loader, which mods like Project M used. Also for PSP there was a Live Patch that was used for the Final Fantasy Tactics WotL slowdown removal patch.

I'm just curious if 3DS has an equivalent, so I could still use my retail cart, instead of making a backup and packing/unpacking a ROM. Unless this HANS thing does this, but I can't find clarification atm.

HANS is a soft patch. And yes, HANS does require physical cart in this case, iirc Edited by luyairis

RELEASE - FIRE EMBLEM FATES: SWIMSUIT RESTORATION

Thanks to the efforts of DeathChaos25, the first release of the Fire Emblem Fates Restoration Project is here!

The patch file can be found in the OP. For patcher use, be sure to decompress the file before having the patcher read it!

Our tutorial is still in the works (A picture version is also being made), so for those HANS users who don't know how to use it, please sit tight! (Or someone here can probably teach you).

REDIRECT TO OP: CLICK HERE.

How do I make this work with NTR CFW? simply copy the gamedata folder into feif like the other JPN version or I have to wait for specific patch?

edit, now I remember, I need the plugin for that.

Edited by Astora