[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

I currently have 10.3 and have been using HANS to apply various patches to physical versions of Fates.

I didn't want to downgrade if possible but 10.6 seems to force my hand. I want to be able to access online play and buy the DLC but I believe I need to update my system to do that.

If I downgrade to 9.2 and install CFW (rXtools, specifically), will I still be able to run Homebrew and use HANS to patch my physical carts? How would homebrew work on a 10.6 emunand, if 10.6 stops menuhax from working?

I think I've found sufficient tutorials for the downgrade and cfw processes, I just want to make sure I can still use Homebrew and specifically HANS to apply patches to my physical games with CFW in 10.6 emunand (or however it works with cfw) as well as svdt to move my saves around.

If you do end up getting CFW, you can update to 10.6 and install the homebrew launcher cia. Do note that it uses the same .3dsx boot file, so you'll need to edit it to prevent from booting whatever MenuHax boots.

And in all honesty menuhax getting patched in 10.6 is a good thing for emunand, as (I think) it would prevent a loop from happening.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HANS is a soft patch. And yes, HANS does require physical cart in this case, iirc

Awesome, I can't wait to try it out when I get home. Thank you.

So, my wife is stuck wearing the seashell suit. She didn't have anything equipped before, so I don't know why she automatically has the seashell suit stuck on her now.

With or without the patch?

How do I make this work with NTR CFW? simply copy the gamedata folder into feif like the other JPN version or I have to wait for specific patch?

edit, now I remember, I need the plugin for that.

Will we ever get NTR plugin for this from you guys?

Will we ever get NTR plugin for this from you guys?

You have to make it yourself. You need the exefs for your version along with the files to build the plugin.

The plugin is called layeredFS.

Here's the manual: https://github.com/44670/layeredFS/wiki/manual

I'm not sure if a built layeredFs plugin is legal to distribute because it requires the exefs to be built.

Thing is, in the Japanese version, the Amie lines were found in the Sound/Stream folder, in the localization, all of them were moved into the sound database file Sound/IRON15_Sound.bcsar, so there are no "missing" files, they where just moved.

Is the .bcsar file similar to the .brsar file that certain Wii games used? (Brawl, One Piece Unlimited Adventure/Cruise).

Is the .bcsar file similar to the .brsar file that certain Wii games used? (Brawl, One Piece Unlimited Adventure/Cruise).

I don't think so, IIRC there was a tool to extract the files from it and it gives you a bunch of bcwav files.

With.

That's bizzare, never really happened to anyone during testing, do you have a save data backup? Might wanna restore that then.

I don't think so, IIRC there was a tool to extract the files from it and it gives you a bunch of bcwav files.

That's bizzare, never really happened to anyone during testing, do you have a save data backup? Might wanna restore that then.

Ah okay, it took a while for that file to be extracted and have the wave files replaced. Had fun with undubbing some of Unlimited Adventure.

For your swimsuit restoration, it didn't shift around any of the values for accessories? But I guess if that character didn't have anything equipped originally, that is odd.

I was looking into installing reiNAND and there was an awful lot reformatting involved. Scrubby question, I know, but can someone with experience let me know whether it will recognize my games and save data if i recopy it back onto the sd card after I've finished downgrading, installing the cfw, and updating the emunand?

I was looking into installing reiNAND and there was an awful lot reformatting involved. Scrubby question, I know, but can someone with experience let me know whether it will recognize my games and save data if i recopy it back onto the sd card after I've finished downgrading, installing the cfw, and updating the emunand?

If you do everything right, then you should be able to keep everything.

But if you're using physical game carts, I'm pretty sure saves are on the cart and not on SD card.

Also CFW will recognize game carts as well, so no need to worry about that.

If you do everything right, then you should be able to keep everything.

But if you're using physical game carts, I'm pretty sure saves are on the cart and not on SD card.

Also CFW will recognize game carts as well, so no need to worry about that.

I'm talking digital, yes. So just copy everything to my computer ahead of time and transfer it back when its all done? Alright. I was really only worried that this might cause an issue with the way the 3ds encrypts digital files, but I suppose that as long as my Nintendo ID is still linked to the system that shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Merik2013

I ended up redownloading my games, and lost the save data. Then again I never really looked too much into it.

I probably could have just copied my SD card files back over, but the only games with any progress on then were completed or easily reachable (like halfway through chapter one or something). So I didn't really care enough to dig through the files.

If anything, after copying them back over, you might have to go to the eshop and repair the games so they recognize the firmware.

Edited by Notius

I'm talking digital, yes. So just copy everything to my computer ahead of time and transfer it back when its all done? Alright. I was really only worried that this might cause an issue with the way the 3ds encrypts digital files, but I suppose that as long as my Nintendo ID is still linked to the system that shouldn't be a problem.

No if you're talking digital then that's a whole completely different story. You need to be sure you back up your saves right.

I currently have 10.3 and have been using HANS to apply various patches to physical versions of Fates.

I didn't want to downgrade if possible but 10.6 seems to force my hand. I want to be able to access online play and buy the DLC but I believe I need to update my system to do that.

If I downgrade to 9.2 and install CFW (rXtools, specifically), will I still be able to run Homebrew and use HANS to patch my physical carts? How would homebrew work on a 10.6 emunand, if 10.6 stops menuhax from working?

I think I've found sufficient tutorials for the downgrade and cfw processes, I just want to make sure I can still use Homebrew and specifically HANS to apply patches to my physical games with CFW in 10.6 emunand (or however it works with cfw) as well as svdt to move my saves around.

If you have emunand, you don't need to do any exploits of any sort (menuhax, etc) to install Homebrew. You can just do it without any various *hax.

Yes, that does mean you'll be able to use hans to patch stuff. But you'll also have all the tools you need to patch the DLC as well, if you can figure out how.

RELEASE - FIRE EMBLEM FATES: SWIMSUIT RESTORATION

Thanks to the efforts of DeathChaos25, the first release of the Fire Emblem Fates Restoration Project is here!

The patch file can be found in the OP. For patcher use, be sure to decompress the file before having the patcher read it!

Our tutorial is still in the works (A picture version is also being made), so for those HANS users who don't know how to use it, please sit tight! (Or someone here can probably teach you).

REDIRECT TO OP: CLICK HERE.

So basically it's the same patching method as the tutorial video I made for Hans correct?

More or less. There's probably slight variations, especially with the NA SE having IK on-cart.

Oooo I didn't think about that, So maybe youd have to do an all in one type deal to make sure everything is patched since IK is on-cart?

A small update,

DeathChaos25 (who joined us) has confirmed that there are actually dubbed Amie lines that can be used. You know what this means (Amie restoration should now include English dub instead of Japanese).

Curious does this mean we'll be able to have a dubbed amie patch? I actually enjoy the english voices haha

I searched through the but I didn't see what I was looking for so sorry if this has been asked but

Which, if any, of these patches will be able to work the physical cartridge of the game like the undub works with Hans? Am I just making things too complicated by wanting to continue using the cartridge?

I searched through the but I didn't see what I was looking for so sorry if this has been asked but

Which, if any, of these patches will be able to work the physical cartridge of the game like the undub works with Hans? Am I just making things too complicated by wanting to continue using the cartridge?

Yes you can use HANS on the physical carts to patch the game.

Edited by thedude28

Yes you can use HANS on the physical carts to patch the game.

I know that much, I have the undub running know. As far as I can tell Hans can only run one romfs, so are all the patches going to have to get compiled into a single file in the end?