[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

Could someone help me with the patcher?

I have my rom/xorpads ready, but whenever I try to mount the patch it says 'selected path directory has too few or too many subfolders'

I'm selecting the 'Patch' file(FEFates patcher/patch).

In the patch folder, create a new folder called "exe", I don't think it needs to have anything in it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well downgrade tools do exist for all current firmwares, even without hardmod, as of the very recent update to Memchunkhax2 (coined svchax I believe).

Yup, but some people like to play it safe and just stick with HANS on 9.2+, less work and no chance of bricking.

Alright, so since I'm a scrub I was wondering if there's a guide on how to use this patcher and add all the stuff in. Also, can I use a Sky3ds+ cart or would I need to go through Gateway with an older firmware? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Not sure if I asked this but I now successfully have sysnand 9.2 firmware, and emuNAND on the latest firmware on 10.6 for my old 3ds, but will the other restoration Patch(besides swimsuits) will work on the latest emunand firmware, and sysnand 9.2 firmware.? I just want to make sure.?

Alright, so since I'm a scrub I was wondering if there's a guide on how to use this patcher and add all the stuff in. Also, can I use a Sky3ds+ cart or would I need to go through Gateway with an older firmware? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

You can use a Sky3DS+ cart, you'll use it to load homebrew via Cubic Ninja and then switch the card to the FE: Fates special edition, then run the romhack files through Hans in the homebrew launcher.

Not sure if I asked this but I now successfully have sysnand 9.2 firmware, and emuNAND on the latest firmware on 10.6 for my old 3ds, but will the other restoration Patch(besides swimsuits) will work on the latest emunand firmware, and sysnand 9.2 firmware.? I just want to make sure.?

Anything will work just fine on the latest emunand.

You can use a Sky3DS+ cart, you'll use it to load homebrew via Cubic Ninja and then switch the card to the FE: Fates special edition, then run the romhack files through Hans in the homebrew launcher.

Anything will work just fine on the latest emunand.

Ok ty, and can't wait for this restoration Patch to be finished as soon as I get SE, and Conquest/Nohr.!

Wow, for some reason it went over my head that the undub was out. Neat.

Random Q, does anybody know where in the data is it coded that Kana is not allowed to equip the Bath Towel?

Since I can't use the accessory shop patch without messing with things, maybe I could at least remove that blocker to let her equip it.

It shouldn't cause any issues as RAM hacking allows her to equip it and keep it.

Yes, I want my lolis in bath towels.

Edited by Jacien

Is there a way to check my firmware? I'm still rather new to things like this.

Go to your 3DS's system settings. Then, look at the bottom-right corner of the top-screen and you'll see the firmware.

Wow, for some reason it went over my head that the undub was out. Neat.

Random Q, does anybody know where in the data is it coded that Kana is not allowed to equip the Bath Towel?

Since I can't use the accessory shop patch without messing with things, maybe I could at least remove that blocker to let her equip it.

It shouldn't cause any issues as RAM hacking allows her to equip it and keep it.

Yes, I want my lolis in bath towels.

Well, even with the patch, Kana can't equip any of the swimsuits either. It's not coded so that she can't specifically equip the bath towel, it's coded so that she can't equip anything to that area. I remembered how I got that glitch where my love bracelet became a seashell suit. So, I tried equipping the love bracelet to Kana while the patch was off. And then opened it back up with the patch. And the bottom screen said she had the seashell suit equipped but to the arm accessory area. But when I went to the change option, nothing's listed under the arm accessories as being equipped. And the tab for swimsuits and the bath towel is still inaccessible.

GbyV3Zh.png

Edited by RikuDawn

Ok so my fireware is 10.6.0-31U so is that ok for patching or do I need to down grade?

Either way, you'll need either the game Cubic Ninja, or Ocarina of Time 3D (+ Powersaves 3DS dongle) in order to access the homebrew launcher on that firmware. From there you can either downgrade to have all the benefits of CFW or just use Hans, the homebrew patching method from there.

Either way, you'll need either the game Cubic Ninja, or Ocarina of Time 3D (+ Powersaves 3DS dongle) in order to access the homebrew launcher on that firmware. From there you can either downgrade to have all the benefits of CFW or just use Hans, the homebrew patching method from there.

Will there be a tutorial for that?

Heyo, so I was able to make 2 Xorpad files with the SE I own following these instructions: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/40etaz/tutorial_dumping_3ds_carts_and_converting_3ds/

I was also setting up my friend's O3DS to unlinked Emunand like I did for myself haha.

i5NsfSN.png

0004000000179800.Main.exefs_norm.xorpad

CRC32: AB17B475
MD5: B557491B843CBD8CFAB208DBB133409B
SHA-1: 6DAA857AD37F5D25B3205332217324BADA9A2659

0004000000179800.Main.exheader.xorpad

CRC32: DDC6E65F
MD5: 7BAB29C3896BAFF17D2B4032FF8F3281
SHA-1: A37C9726D504B17EE28FEC4BC85BA68B84BE6F40

Are those correct, or am I missing anything? Do I have to rename them for it to work?

Heading to bed, lol. Way past my bedtime, gotta be up early for work!

Heyo, so I was able to make 2 Xorpad files with the SE I own following these instructions: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/40etaz/tutorial_dumping_3ds_carts_and_converting_3ds/

I was also setting up my friend's O3DS to unlinked Emunand like I did for myself haha.

i5NsfSN.png

Are those correct, or am I missing anything? Do I have to rename them for it to work?

I think you're missing the 7x xorpad and the romfs xorpad.

Just to make things easier on some people, these are what worked for me.

Tutorial for downgrading: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

Tutorial for setting up custom firmware (the first few steps also explain how to use homebrew): https://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-rxtools-9-2-0-20-w-unlinking-updating-online-access.409489/

i5NsfSN.png

Oh you ran into the same problem i got. Anyway what your ncchinfo.bin files size? is it 1kb?

if so it means you used the simple cia converter to grab the xorpad files out which for some odd reason only generate a 1kb .bin file.

Go download decrypt9(can either be shadowtrance or dok3 both has that script folder). inside this folder called script there contains a file called ncchinfo_gen.

drag your .3ds files onto it. It will generate a .bin files that is gonna be 2kb. and the end result should be 7 xorpad files with 1 that has a ridiculous amount of size up to 1.7GB.

Also you will need python 2.7(32bit) installed.

Edited by AoiReflet

Hello! I was having the same problem as the poster before me, I solved it by reinstalling python 2.7 (I installed the 64 bit version), and now I have all 7 xorpads. However, when I select Validate Xorpads, I get: "Provided ROMFS or ROMFS Xorpad is invalid.". What should I do?

Hello! I was having the same problem as the poster before me, I solved it by reinstalling python 2.7 (I installed the 64 bit version), and now I have all 7 xorpads. However, when I select Validate Xorpads, I get: "Provided ROMFS or ROMFS Xorpad is invalid.". What should I do?

Not so sure about this as i never ran into this.

Did you use brahma Decrypt9 for ncchpadgen?

Try shadowtrance Decrypt instead for ncchpadgen.

Oh you ran into the same problem i got. Anyway what your ncchinfo.bin files size? is it 1kb?

if so it means you used the simple cia converter to grab the xorpad files out which for some odd reason only generate a 1kb .bin file.

Go download decrypt9(can either be shadowtrance or dok3 both has that script folder). inside this folder called script there contains a file called ncchinfo_gen.

drag your .3ds files onto it. It will generate a .bin files that is gonna be 2kb. and the end result should be 7 xorpad files with 1 that has a ridiculous amount of size up to 1.7GB.

Also you will need python 2.7(32bit) installed.

Thank you. That worked.

Patched game, made cia, gonna install now to check it out.

iJRLrZ9.png

EDIT: All good in the hood. Installed cia worked perfect.

Edited by Jacien

sorry if this has already been asked but can i use these patches on my digital version? my ds ver. 10.6

I've been told that HANS can be used for a digital copy, but it still can't patch anything DLC which includes the downloaded paths. Also, on 10.6 you'll need to acquire Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time 3D in order to access Homebrew before you can do anything. The Nintendo Selects edition of OoT3D that just came out still works for this purpose and is only $20 but you will likely need a Power Saves or something similar in order to load the hacked save file onto it.

Edited by Merik2013