[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@galaxygamr98

I'm using Hans right now to play the mod, but the soft reset issue I guess I'll get around it by just going back to the Home brew menu. Is there another way to load it up without Hans that allows for soft resetting?

@galaxygamr98

I'm using Hans right now to play the mod, but the soft reset issue I guess I'll get around it by just going back to the Home brew menu. Is there another way to load it up without Hans that allows for soft resetting?

AFAIK, the only other way to load the mod is to create a custom CIA and install that, which you'll need Custom Firmware to use. From the sound of it though, it looks like you don't.

Hi,

my problem is still unsolved. I'm trying to patch my EU games with hans, firmware is 11.0, old 3DS. I summarise again what I did:

1. Downloaded homebrew starter pack, extracted the data and copied them to an unused SD card.

2. Downloaded Braindump. Extracted the data and copied the files into “3ds” folder from starter pack inside the SD card.

3. Inserted the SD card and my FE fates Birthright into my 3DS. Used browserhax to reach homebrew.

4. Started hans, chose Romfs -> SD “yes” and noted Romfs path which was sd:/hans/00179500.romfs

5. Then I launched Braindump and selected my game. It started dumping.

6. When finished I put the SD card into my PC. I copied the new folder “0004000000179500” with romfs and exefs inside to my PC and extracted the data from romfs with RomFSExtractor. That created the folder “romfs_”

7. Downloaded the undub patch from OP and extracted the data. I copied the content of the “rom” folder from patch to the romfs_ folder, overwriting the files with the same names which were already there. Because I have the EU version, I copied the file from “@E” folder to @F, @G, @I, @S and @U.

8. I started RomFSBuilder and chose the the patched romfs_ folder, then clicked Go. When asked I named the new file “00179500.romfs” (see step 4)

9. I copied the the newly created file into the hans folder on SD card and moved the hans folder to the root of SD card, then inserted the SD card into 3DS, the game still inside.

10. Went into homebrew and started HANS. Again chose Romfs -> SD “yes”. It didn’t say the path is invalid. Then I clicked OK to start the game. First there appear some lines on the bottom screen, then some lines on the upper screen, then a vertical white beam on the left side of upper screen, then only black screen and I have to turn off the power of the 3DS.

I tried the same thing a few times from beginning, even with Conquest and the 3DS of my brother. Also tried without the patch, just rebuilt the extracted romfs file again. But I got always the same results :(

I’m thankful for any help.

Hello, I have a small enquiry. Today, my FE Fates has started freezing while using HANS, mostly when I save into the Extra Data save files or sometimes when the game transitions screens, making me to have to use the HANS reset buttons to return to the Homebrew menu and I was wondering, am I the only one that has had this issue? I thought about searching this thread but I didn't know what keywords I'd use to search the thread so I decided to post instead.

Also I'm curious Sackhu, when you start up HANS and it comes up with the black load screen, what are your settings? Mine looks a little like this for reference.

HANS
Region : --
Language : --
FW Version Spoof : NO
N3DS CPU clock : 268Mhz
Code -> SD : NO
Romfs -> SD : YES
Save configuration : YES
Current title : 0004000000017A800
Romfs path : sd:/hans/0017A800.romfs
Edited by WinterStar

@ WinterStar

My Settings are

HANS

Region : EUR
Language : --
FW Version Spoof : NO
N3DS CPU clock : 268Mhz
Code -> SD : NO
Romfs -> SD : YES
Save configuration : NO
Current title : 0004000000179500
Romfs path : sd:/hans/00179500.romfs
Changing EUR to -- and save configuration from NO to YES didn't change anything (as I expected).

Hi, i'm new here and i wanted to ask: does this patch work with just one piece of the package, like Conquest? Or do you necessarily need the SE content (meaning Birthright and Revelation)?

That depends, really. Stuff like the Undub patch should work regardless because the files needed are present in all versions, not just one. On the other hand, if you would like to use the delocalization patch (though its still a WIP mind you) then the special edition is recommended. The delocalization patch uses specific files from the m folder of the game's romfs, and for it to work wonders it needs three folders that the special edition has: the A, B and C folders. If you were to use Birthright or Conquest then it would only patch that specific path's story, not the other two. At that point you would need to learn how to patch DLC for you to be able to patch the other two paths, though I have no idea how to do that.

Is there a tutorial on how to add the Undub patch? And does it work on the latest firmware?

Yes, there is. Please refer to the Tutorials section of the OP for more information. As for working on the latest firmware, yes and no. Yes, the patch works on latest firmware, it's just that your options are rather limited. If by some chance you are on latest firmware, you may use the Hans method of patching your game (see the OP for more details). However, if you'd like to use custom firmware, then you'll need to find a way to downgrade (though that's risky), and create a custom CIA of your patched game to install to your 3DS's home screen. Though it's really up to you to decide! :Roy:

Hi there, I am having some issues with loading the swimsuit patch, I am on 11.0.0 using Hans. Whenever I load the game using Hans with the swimsuit patch installed all sprites and 2d character portraits are invisible as well as text boxes do not appear. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using digital copy on 11.0.0-33U, and when I try to use HANS the top screen goes black and the bottom screen goes red and I'm unable to use it. I know that FE Fates digital is 9.6+ encrypted, but this thread says that it will work on digital, so can someone tell me how to do that?

Edited by The Winged Cherry Pie

• 2 weeks later...

...sooo, I got a problem. I got it all set up and running for ages now and it all works well. Problem now however is, I bought the DLCs months ago and downloaded everything that was already available at that time. But now that I want to download the rest of it it wants me to do an update in order to access the stupid shop. What am I supposed to do now? Does anyone have an idea?

I'm running on Luma3DS with A9LH by the way. (installed with instructions from here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Updating-A9LH)

I really want the rest of my DLC which I already bought. This is so stupidly retarded that I'd love to high-five the nice company that makes these consoles. In the face. With a chair. That has a ton of nails attached to it.

• 3 weeks later...

The Fanslation is down, but in the prepatched version of Fire Emblem Fates I got a bunch of ????? lines for everyone's dialogue.

It's in Chevalier, the villages, Camilla and Hans

all have ????s except for Corrin's name. (I know it's supposed to change to Kamui but I kept the translated name

• 4 weeks later...

So today come my FEF special edition EU-region. For the sake of undub and other things i didn't updated OFW, so right now i have a version 9.9.0-26E. Wanted to play a little but get the message system need update to version 10.0.0. So ok. I come here to check what new and seems there was a proggress after a last time i was here. Good work people!!!

And here i'm going to get confirmation of my plan of action:

1) i need to go here https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started and do everething there is writen

2) then here http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60728&page=50#entry4401509

Well i try to look for some videos fo reference 'How to do'

though i was even planing to buy 2ds for sake to try it on her but reading forum there seems not so hard to get CFW. (english not my native language so i need to be careful)

So some questions: this topic http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56220 for Jap version of game?

Better to wait for complete work of Name Patch, Fantraslation or they good enough in today state/ And what purpuse of Patcher?

Oh and i'm russian if there someone who can speak on my native language much appreciate.

Didn't get response, so asking again, is there maybe another way to do things?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed everything, was playing through Revelation, and it worked perfectly until the conversation with Silas at the end of Chapter 14. Halfway through the conversation, the game errors out and forces my 3DS to restart. Attempting to skip the conversation yields the same result. This didn't happen when I used my official Conquest cartridge with Revelation DLC, and this is on a fresh save since installing your patches through custom CIAs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2016 at 0:30 AM, GraveDesires said:

I installed everything, was playing through Revelation, and it worked perfectly until the conversation with Silas at the end of Chapter 14. Halfway through the conversation, the game errors out and forces my 3DS to restart. Attempting to skip the conversation yields the same result. This didn't happen when I used my official Conquest cartridge with Revelation DLC, and this is on a fresh save since installing your patches through custom CIAs.

Try skipping the cutscene right as it starts, just jam start as soon as it pops up. If that doesn't work, dump a fresh copy of Fates, reapply the patch, and try skipping it again. I imagine there's something in that conversation that's causing the game to stop functioning. Hell, it could be something as simple as a missing colon in the code. For now, the only way around it is to either skip it or get past Chapter 14 with a different copy of Revelations.

Luckily for me skipping it worked the first time o.O

Edited by Kyonko802

On 1/17/2017 at 8:19 PM, alljoj said:

TWould you be willing to make a NTR CFW patch?

It is very easy. Use unassumingvenusaur's Gay Fates hack, if you don't want to use the Gay Fates hack, empty the fefates(birthright/revelation/special edition) folder first. Download what patch you want to, then copy the patch into the fefates(birthright/revelation/special edition) folder.

Be warned that you may need to copy files to outside from patch\rom folder of the patches zip file.

The fefates(birthright/revelation/special edition) folder directory structure should be:

fefates(birthright/revelation/special edition) folder

|-castle                       D
|-GameData               D
|-m                             D
|-movie                       D
|-sound                       D

The fefates(birthright/revelation/special edition) folder should not contain any patch or rom folder.

Now launch Fates and in the NINTENDO 3DS splash screen the top screen should flash green momentarily just like other NTR plugins.

If done right, the character creation screen will have 5 voice selections.

One caveat, if you want to end Fire Emblem Fates with the patch on, always hold the power button, and switch off the 3ds first.

If not, the next app/game you launch will infinitely stuck in NINTENDO 3DS splash screen and only can be fixed by holding down the power button until the 3DS switches off. Don't worry if you got into the infinite stuck screen, no harm is done and your console is safe.

Hi guys:

Can someone who knows about the characters audio files tell me which ones are the Male Avatar files? I applied the UNDUB patch to my EUR Special Edition (just the audio files, I'm fine just having the JAP voices) but the option 2 in Japanese sounds reaaaally bad to an adult male character.

My idea is to replace the option 2 audio files with the option 3 files by renaming them, but after doing some research I can't find any info about that (with almost 4k files to search in and 0 knowledge of modding on 3DS, just trying to patch the full UNDUB was really hard for me). I've seen a lot of posts in diferent forums of people uploading the audio files of diferent characters in mp3 and other formats, but nothing about some tips to find the original file names to do what I need to do.

Can anyone help me with this?

Hiya,

Thanks for writing up this guide for European players. If you don't mind, I'm a little stumped on step 9 below: The current version I downloaded is PackEnglishv5.7 and the folder only comes with CleanTool, HackingToolkit3DS & SetupUS (which I already installed). What is the missing .bin files that you speak of?

Your help is much appreciated!

On 31/05/2016 at 9:20 PM, Masah_hiro said:

9) In the PackEnglishv5.2 folder you previously downloaded, there will another folder called "SecretFiles", copy all missing .bin files into the root of your SD card.