[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

Is the Nintendo Select ver of OoT3D will work like the original OoT3D like installing it into OoT3Dhax.?

As thedude said, HANS will work on any firmware but requires homebrew access. Bear in mind, however, that HANS can only patch what is contained on a physical cart and does not work with digital copies or extra paths that you have downloaded.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As thedude said, HANS will work on any firmware but requires homebrew access. Bear in mind, however, that HANS can only patch what is contained on a physical cart and does not work with digital copies or extra paths that you have downloaded.

Well I don't really care about digital, since I prefer Physical Copies.!

HANS does work with digital games.

It though cannot load additional content for games(DLC and etc).

Edited by Douman

Aw, so that means if we use this patch we can't get any of the DLC nor Anna?

You won't be able to patch any DLC. You'll be able to download and play any DLC normally without HANS though. If you want to patch DLC you are going to be running a CFW and install it as a .cia If you're interesed use https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Quick question, notice you recommend ReiNand, I'm sure it's fine, but how does the patcher work with CakesFW?

Going back, this thread makes so much more sense having taken the time to learn how to install a CFW hehe...

Edited by vlisa

You won't be able to patch any DLC. You'll be able to download and play any DLC normally without HANS though. If you want to patch DLC you are going to be running a CFW and install it as a .cia If you're interesed use https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Quick question, notice you recommend ReiNand, I'm sure it's fine, but how does the patcher work with CakesFW?

Going back, this thread makes so much more sense having taken the time to learn how to install a CFW hehe...

The patcher works with CFW, ReiNand and CakesFW are both CFWs.

How the patcher works (for CFW) is that it takes the ROM you dumped, verifies its xorpads, and spits out a modified ROM (whether it'd be a modified .3ds or modified .cia) for use in CFW.

The patcher works with CFW, ReiNand and CakesFW are both CFWs.

How the patcher works (for CFW) is that it takes the ROM you dumped, verifies its xorpads, and spits out a modified ROM (whether it'd be a modified .3ds or modified .cia) for use in CFW.

Nah, I thought OP was implying there had been an issue with other CFWs, but sounds like it works great!

Edited by vlisa

Aw, so that means if we use this patch we can't get any of the DLC nor Anna?

Yes and for HANS you're better to have SE version which is difficult to get now.

This is really bothersome, but for some it will be only option.

Maybe in future HANS will be able to load digital content of the game, but i wouldn't hope for it in recent future.

Though i advise against downgrading on n3ds as, despite success histories, it is not really reliable comparing to o3ds

JFYI all CFW provides mainly the same basic functionality:

they allow you to bypass signature verification so that you could install everything you wish.

Edited by Douman

Also just recent, downgrading from 10.6 to 9.2 is now possible.

I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.

Though i advise against downgrading on n3ds as, despite success histories, it is not really reliable comparing to o3ds

I am actually planning on downgrading my n3ds xl, why is it not reliable compare to o3ds?

I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.

I am actually planning on downgrading my n3ds xl, why is it not reliable compare to o3ds?

Success rate just isn't quite as good, but it's still good. Errors happen such as partial downgrades (which, if you can still boot up, can be fixed by a second downgrade attempt) and bricks were far more common until the sysupdater was refined more and people caught all the errors users were making, and now it's basically reliable but don't come crying if it fails, if you see what I mean.

Saw the steps for downgrading from 10.6 to 9.2 and have to say its a lot. Would it be essential to do that or is it just for "piracy/emulator" things?

Not essential for these patched, but you should still downgrade. It'll be worth it.

If you use HANS, I think you won't be able to use online features (if an update for the game is released because HANS can't load updates right now), you won't be able to load DLC while running HANS (You can't use any of your downloaded paths), because of your inability to load DLC, you won't be able to game name swapping or whatever on any of your downloaded paths, and HANS is inconvenient. If you downgrade, you can install a patched version of the game to your home menu and bypass HANS' restrictions. You'll also be able to patch dlc, so you can get name swapping on your downloaded routes too. And you will be able to play online because you'll be able to run the game with any required updates from the eshop.

Edited by MyLegGuy

As it was mentioned already there are chances of different errors during software downgrade.

In my case partial downgrade killed by entry points for homebrew and without update to 10.6 i couldn't enter it anymore.

But my o3ds had it without any problems.

I've hardmodded and downgraded my 3DS using the new method for 10.6.

Its a New3DS XL and I can garente "atleast for me" it works flawlessly. I downgraded two devices already. One for a friend as well.

I didn't say there is low chance, but it is far from 100% and it may not be acceptable for some.

At least i'm not going try hardmode on my 10.6 n3ds just to try out if next time will be lucky

Edited by Douman

Success rate just isn't quite as good, but it's still good. Errors happen such as partial downgrades (which, if you can still boot up, can be fixed by a second downgrade attempt) and bricks were far more common until the sysupdater was refined more and people caught all the errors users were making, and now it's basically reliable but don't come crying if it fails, if you see what I mean.

As it was mentioned already there are chances of different errors during software downgrade.

In my case partial downgrade killed by entry points for homebrew and without update to 10.6 i couldn't enter it anymore.

But my o3ds had it without any problems.

I used my jp n3ds as a test subject and was be able to downgrade successfully not at 9.2 but for some reason it's at 9.1 despite using 9.2 firmware downgrade lol (It didn't report any errors).

P.S: From 10.5 -> 9.1

Edited by x-skyber

Interesting, I'll have to try that out later. Quick question, will this wipe my n3DS completely so that I won't have any data on it at all? Since I need to unlink my n3DS from my Nintendo account, does that mean I'll lose the DLC that I purchased?

Interesting, I'll have to try that out later. Quick question, will this wipe my n3DS completely so that I won't have any data on it at all? Since I need to unlink my n3DS from my Nintendo account, does that mean I'll lose the DLC that I purchased?

If you do things right, you'll be able to retain everything.

Hate to be a bother about this but will name and script patches be available soon? I recall almost two weeks ago an update that it'll be "a few days" until a significant patch is ready. I'm just too excited for my exams finishing up and being able to play online with my friends who have the game too.

Edited by powermad80

Hate to be a bother about this but will name and script patches be available soon? I recall almost two weeks ago an update that it'll be "a few days" until a significant patch is ready. I'm just too excited for my exams finishing up and being able to play online with my friends who have the game too.

Yeah. We've been busy too.

if you read the "Forum rules and guidelines" you'd know you can't ask that question. You posted on March 7th and again on March 10th. Please try to be patient. Some where on this thread like on the 2nd day the game came out Feb 19. (or on the If version thread) it was said this project could last 2-3 weeks by a member of the team, and its only been 20 days (leap year so Feb had 28 days so 9+11 since were are on the 11th) and you already started asking 3 days ago. Give it some more time. Its why they ignored responding to you on the 7th and why you got a short curt answer just now. Good things come to those who wait

Sections

Fan-game General:

The hub. This section is the meat of the forum, projects with significant progress and patch releases go here. General threads that don't belong in any other section are fine here as well.

- If a project has a patch available, it will be in the first post. Please do not spam threads asking if there is a patch if you do not see one available for download in the OP.

- Likewise, if a thread has not been updated in a while, do not spam the thread asking if it is still being worked on. If it's being worked on it will be updated.

This link links you to the Project Directory thread. You'll find all the hacks available in the community there.

if you read the "Forum rules and guidelines" you'd know you can't ask that question. You posted on March 7th and again on March 10th. Please try to be patient. Some where on this thread like on the 2nd day the game came out Feb 19. (or on the If version thread) it was said this project could last 2-3 weeks by a member of the team, and its only been 20 days (leap year so Feb had 28 days so 9+11 since were are on the 11th) and you already started asking 3 days ago. Give it some more time. Its why they ignored responding to you on the 7th and why you got a short curt answer just now. Good things come to those who wait

Yeah I figured, sorry for being a pest about it (and I was worried as such) which is why while I wait I'll try to help around with people needing guidance setting up CFW/downgrading/homebrew stuff for this, since I've been in the scene for a long while now and know my stuff and can help out with that, and lots of such questions seem to make their way around here. That way I won't just be an annoying voice asking for updates. I just get anxious for it I guess.

Edited by powermad80