[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be nice if the patcher also had a romfs builder for the HANS method, cause I keep on messing it up lol. I have the rom decrypted with Decrypt9, and extracted it. But when I rebuild the romfs and use it, the game launches fine, but the moment I try to load New Game from the main menu it crashes.

I'm guessing it's trying to load the files from romfs at that moment, and somethings wrong so it crashes.

I'll play more with it tomorrow and try redumping the rom.

Edited by Jacien

It'd be nice if the patcher also had a romfs builder for the HANS method, cause I keep on messing it up lol. I have the rom decrypted with Decrypt9, and extracted it. But when I rebuild the romfs and use it, the game launches fine, but the moment I try to load New Game from the main menu it crashes.

I'm guessing it's trying to load the files from romfs at that moment, and somethings wrong so it crashes.

I'll play more with it tomorrow and try redumping the rom.

To be fair the patcher wasn't ever intended for HANS to begin with, SciresM made it for us so our English fanslation would work on CFW (because HANS didn't exist at that time). There are already romfs builders, so we don't see why we should use waste time building one of our own.

From what I hear, it's totally possible to patch everything in the game with the latest firmware. Can you use an SD Card to install Homebrew?

As far as I know you can only do that with a custom firmware. You can currently update an emunand running a custom firmware to the most recent version (10.7) and it will still work fine, but on an unmodded firmware you'll only have access to HANS from the homebrew menu and that can only patch so much.

NTR CFW makes it easy because the files don't need to be repacked as a romfs. My undub doesn't have any issues to speak of. And when I want to go back to the original game, I just load it without NTR CFW.

From what I hear, it's totally possible to patch everything in the game with the latest firmware. Can you use an SD Card to install Homebrew?

With basic homebrew only, if by "everything" you mean Invisible Kingdom too, then yes, but only if you have the NA special edition card.

Downgrading is possible through all firmwares though, so with the right tools (some means of homebrew launcher, which currently requires either Cubic Ninja card or OoT 3D + Powersaves 3DS dongle) you can install custom firmware and have everything patched real nicely.

NTR CFW makes it easy because the files don't need to be repacked as a romfs. My undub doesn't have any issues to speak of. And when I want to go back to the original game, I just load it without NTR CFW.

Cool, I'll have to look into this.

It works with the retail cart? Cause that's what I'd like to use to save my game.

Cool, I'll have to look into this.

It works with the retail cart? Cause that's what I'd like to use to save my game.

NTR CFW *ONLY* used to work for retail carts until Rxtools/Pasta and ReiNaND patched out signatures and can run on top of it.

Anyways...

You'll need the layeredFS plugin. (and python 2.7 to generate it)

If you have the English special edition, I can simply give you the plugin and put the files in the folder "FE14EN" on the root of your SD card.

Just know, that since it's by a Japanese developer, sometimes it gets wonky.

It just works THE BEST FOR ME PERSONALLY.

BootNTR 3.3 is an installable CIA for those with CFW, *OR* you can boot it using Cubic Ninja.

The only issue I've ever encountered, was Awakening text stuff getting wonky, but that's because I edited all the names in every single instance to the Japanese version.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Sadly NTR CFW doesn't support O3ds which is what i am using as i had yet to upgrade into N3ds.

Edit1:I take my word back it does with above ver 3.0

That GBAtemp thread is outdated i think.. :facepalm:

Edited by AoiReflet

Will you guys ever do patches for digital (Revelation) or is it impossible at the moment?

You can patch Invisible Kingdom/Revelation if you have the NA Special edition, or of Hans gets support for loading DLC and update files with games.

Hey guys, help a newbie out. I have a new 3ds xl which is at firmware 10.5.3. What is the best way to set up my 3ds to patch Fire Emblem Fates? I need to downgrade the firmware right? Also which version of the game should I get? Thanks guys! There's just so much information here and to a guy who's never customized his 3ds, it's hard to understand.

Been awhile since I've looked into this thread, but I see tons of progress was made! Accessory shops AND jp voices? Dayum!

The only thing that's left to restore is Amie mini game thingy and that's it!

Been awhile since I've looked into this thread, but I see tons of progress was made! Accessory shops AND jp voices? Dayum!

The only thing that's left to restore is Amie mini game thingy and that's it!

...And the story and supports, perhaps? Can't forget that.

Edited by Megaolix

There was someone on Reddit who (afaik) just used the files from the translation patch to make a 'retranslation' patch for the US release. Not sure how well it works and if there would be any problems with it, though.

Edited by Einzbern

There was someone on Reddit who (afaik) just used the files from the translation patch to make a 'retranslation' patch for the US release. Not sure how well it works and if there would be any problems with it, though.

Yeah, that's what's gong to serve as the base for what they'll give us on this thread once they get the kinks ironed out and make sure it works on the western release as intended. More to the point though, even in the other thread its telling me they haven't finished the supports, so We're still waiting either way. :\

Hey guys, help a newbie out. I have a new 3ds xl which is at firmware 10.5.3. What is the best way to set up my 3ds to patch Fire Emblem Fates? I need to downgrade the firmware right? Also which version of the game should I get? Thanks guys! There's just so much information here and to a guy who's never customized his 3ds, it's hard to understand.

You have two options, either set your 3DS up for CFW, or get homebrew and use HANS to temporarily patch the game.

Dunno if this question was answered but will the Restoration Patch will work with Birthright/Hoshido, Conquest/Nohr, and the Special Edition cia.?

Cuz I've been wondering to know.!

Edited by Tide of Waves

Where's this thread/person, I wonder if he has the renaming patch working well.

O

You have two options, either set your 3DS up for CFW, or get homebrew and use HANS to temporarily patch the game.

Thanks for the response! I understand, I'll try to setup some sort of CFW maybe NTR CFW (what shadowofchaos mentioned I think). This means I have to downgrade the n3ds xl to 9.2 first right; are there any good tutorials for that?

Thanks for the response! I understand, I'll try to setup some sort of CFW maybe NTR CFW (what shadowofchaos mentioned I think). This means I have to downgrade the n3ds xl to 9.2 first right; are there any good tutorials for that?

Check the 3dshacks subreddit. The pinned post is the best tutorial you'll find anywhere. Read all of it.

O

NTR is a weird one because it's CFW that only enhances user experience, not by providing emunand or anything.

If you want to use NTR CFW, there's only two options of running it.

You either get Cubic Ninja, or you get other CFW (by downgrading).