[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

oh so if we give out that swimsuits, they will get other items instead? So what's the missing item in that patch if it swaps around the item list?

I broke it down earlier in the thread, but here's the relevant snippit:

knowing what I know about the way the accessory shop patch changed the item reference list, these are the items that once that patch is in use will crash other player's list.

1. Item Reference 3D Emblem Shield

2. Item Reference 3E Hoshidan Mask

3. Item Reference 3F Love Bracelet

4. Item Reference 40 Love Swimsuit

Bare in mind that these items were moved to the bottom of the list by the patch, so if you had them before using the patch you wont have them after the patch is installed. I actually have my doubts as to whether or not they're even obtainable with the patch installed as some of these are supposed to be given to the players after conditions are met.

Edited by Merik2013

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I broke it down earlier in the thread, but here's the relevant snippit:

knowing what I know about the way the accessory shop patch changed the item reference list, these are the items that once that patch is in use will crash other player's list.

1. Item Reference 3D Emblem Shield

2. Item Reference 3E Hoshidan Mask

3. Item Reference 3F Love Bracelet

4. Item Reference 40 Love Swimsuit

Bare in mind that these items were moved to the bottom of the list by the patch, so if you had them before using the patch you wont have them after the patch is installed. I actually have my doubts as to whether or not they're even obtainable with the patch installed as some of these are supposed to be given to the players after conditions are met.

I understood that the files for the Swimsuits were completely erased from the USA release and, to restore them, the Team replaced some items for the swimsuits. But I thought the replaced items were irrelevant or low level stuff that no one would miss.

Is that right?

oh so if we give out that swimsuits, they will get other items instead? So what's the missing item in that patch if it swaps around the item list?

If you give then an item that doesn't exist, you could potentially give them a crash. And completely lock out their save file.

Like the Octolings in Splatoon way back when. Just don't do it.

I understood that the files for the Swimsuits were completely erased from the USA release and, to restore them, the Team replaced some items for the swimsuits. But I thought the replaced items were irrelevant or low level stuff that no one would miss.

Is that right?

If I'm correct, what they did was they replaced the english accessory shop buy list and accessory registry with the Japanese version. You would still have all accessories, but certain ones listed(the ones that were listed) had their IDs changed.

If I'm correct, what they did was they replaced the english accessory shop buy list and accessory registry with the Japanese version. You would still have all accessories, but certain ones listed(the ones that were listed) had their IDs changed.

I don't know precisely what they did but I know you can simply replace a couple files from the Japanese version to the English version and that works to make the removed accessories available.

So this project is cancelled?

Not this one, the fan translation is. That's the other thread.

Is that right?

They replaced the item ID list with the Japanese version's item ID list. To be clear, the game doesn't care what the item is called. when another player interacts with a character of yours that has an accessory on it will load up whatever item reference ID that character's accessory points to. If memory serves this patch will swap out the love bracelet for the shell swimsuit, so in that case the example is as follows:

Your character is using the shell swimsuit which points to item id 3B. A player with an unpatched game then runs across your character. For them item ID is the Love Bracelet so they see your character wearing that instead.

Following this it is likely that gifting someone without the patch a shell swimsuit will likely just result in them getting a love bracelet. The four items that actually cause problems with the patch are the four I listed in my post above this one. Unpatched those items are fine, but when you apply the patch any copies of those items you own become other items due to the item ids being moved around. For instance, the emblem shield on the localized version points to item ID 39. With the patch item ID 39 becomes the flower swimsuit and the emblem shield is moved to item ID 3D. Here's the problem though, item IDs 3D (emblem shield), 3E (Hoshidan mask), 3F (love bracelet), and 40 (love swimsuit) are all IDs that were completely stripped from the localized version. The result is that if an unpatched version ever tries to call on these IDs because they encountered a character from your patched game that is using one of those four accessories they will crash. Its because those item IDs lead to a null value in their game that they crash.

Edited by Merik2013

Physical cartridge + hans is the easiest.

And this will give me all the features, right? Able to buy DLC (including other version + revelations), get online, better translations, accessories and voices, etc?

Edited by Victory3114

And this will give me all the features, right? Able to buy DLC (including other version + revelations), get online, better translations, accessories and voices, etc?

If you're on the latest firmware and you use HANS, then you'll be able to do everything except for DLC, since it's different with DLC.

I'm pretty sure you can buy DLC, but not use it since HANS currently does not support DLC (HANS will be updated later in the future to support DLC/updates).

If you're on the latest firmware and you use HANS, then you'll be able to do everything except for DLC, since it's different with DLC.

I'm pretty sure you can buy DLC, but not use it since HANS currently does not support DLC (HANS will be updated later in the future to support DLC/updates).

I've downloaded and used the DLC maps in Fates with HANS multiple times. I've got the special edition so I have no way of checking if the DLC routes work (I'd guess not but I have no way of knowing). But the DLC maps definitely work perfectly fine.

I've downloaded and used the DLC maps in Fates with HANS multiple times. I've got the special edition so I have no way of checking if the DLC routes work (I'd guess not but I have no way of knowing). But the DLC maps definitely work perfectly fine.

Huh, that's a new one.

...though now I recall, I saw a post on reddit's /r/3dshacks that Hax 2.7 was quietly released, which is the version that Smea said would have support for Hans loading DLC if he could manage it.

Huh, that's a new one.

...though now I recall, I saw a post on reddit's /r/3dshacks that Hax 2.7 was quietly released, which is the version that Smea said would have support for Hans loading DLC if he could manage it.

But I'm on 2.6 though. And I was able to do this at least a couple of weeks ago. So, even if my hax managed to magically update itself without me knowing, I was still able to do it before 2.7 was released.

Edited by RikuDawn

They replaced the item ID list with the Japanese version's item ID list. To be clear, the game doesn't care what the item is called. when another player interacts with a character of yours that has an accessory on it will load up whatever item reference ID that character's accessory points to.

Oh, now I get it. The problem aren´t the swimsuits per se, but the original items whose IDs were swapped for IDs that don´t exist in the USA version. Going to keep in mind these 4 items, just in case.

Wait so Team If is still working on the fan translation right? Because that's what I'm really looking forward to.

The original Team has finished their work (3 main routes + paraboles + some supports), the remaining supports will be continued by a new team. This thread is about the Content Restoration, you can learn more about the fan translation reading the latest posts here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56220&hl=

But I'm on 2.6 though. And I was able to do this at least a couple of weeks ago. So, even if my hax managed to magically update itself without me knowing, I was still able to do it before 2.7 was released.

Can anyone confirm a Birthright with Conquest and Revelations DLC will work with everything?

Yay, finally got the patcher to verify the XORPAD/ROMFS, generated a CIA for CFW, but when I launch it, it crashes right after the Nintendo 3DS screen. Do I need to use CART2 for some reason? Or should I export the .3ds instead and create a cia from that using SimpleCIA or w/e?