[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

The Fanslation has been released. Due to font issues, there may still be spacing issues. Please refer to the OP and report any errors you find. Thanks!

OP: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60728&page=1

Thank you for this release! Believe it or not, this actually fixed the issue I had with the lockup/freezing I had when applying the swimsuits.

Thank you for inadvertently fixing my issue. <3 :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure If I was doing it right, but I basically dumped all the patches (other than the Name patch) into the same folder, then ran the patcher.

It all went swell except for the fact that the Fanlation patch and the Undub patch have two different versions of the same file: MyUnitEdit.bin.lz

They're not exactly identical files, either; they have different sizes and were last edited at different times. I ended up just arbitrarily picking one to overwrite the other and built the rom. It played just fine, and I was able to create a new character from scratch just fine, but I'd like to know: what's the difference between the two files?

That's the file that handles some text when creating units, either file is fine.

I got a problem with the patcher.

I'm trying to build a CIA; everything goes smooth until I get to the step where the patcher runs makerom, it crashes immediately. I've tried to run makerom without the patcher, and it won't run, the following message appears: 'This app can't run on your pc'. My pc is running on Windows 10 32 bits :S any idea? I've tried everything that I could think of; different makerom versions (got always the same windows message), run as admin, compatibility modes, installing c++ redist, .net framework...

So, just to make sure... if I apply translation patch but not name patch, names will be translated in story parts, but units themselves will keep localized names on their stat sheets?

Edited by Megaolix

im really sorry if i missed this somewhere, but i accidentally updated to 10.7 and i dont have ninjhax or the oot pathways for opening and running homebrew. am i screwed or is there another way for me to run the patch?

If you don't have Cubic Ninja/Ocarina of Time/Smash 4, you're out of luck.

im really sorry if i missed this somewhere, but i accidentally updated to 10.7 and i dont have ninjhax or the oot pathways for opening and running homebrew. am i screwed or is there another way for me to run the patch?

thankfully the OoT selects edition works with OoThacks, so its not as expensive as it used to be.

So you have two options, one is safer than the other.

1. You can get homebrew (which requires Ninjhax/OoTHax, any other hax got blocked on 10.7, though I may be wrong).

Homebrew allows you to use HANS, a method for temporarily patching the game with the undub.

Homebrew is also 100% safe and will not mess up your 3DS in any way.

Alright..did this (getting homebrew with OoT3DHax). What are the next steps after I installed fantranslation, undub, and patcher files? ,';^0

Edited by Minsanity

- Amie Restoration: Restore face-rubbing into Fire Emblem: Fates. The blowing functionality may be lost. We may be unable to do this.

If this is giving you guys too hard a time it might be a good time to solicit outside advice. A coder from outside the team might be able to come up with something you haven't tried provided you let them in on everything you've been using for it..

Edited by Merik2013

If this is giving you guys too hard a time it might be a good time to solicit outside advice. A coder from outside the team might be able to come up with something you haven't tried provided you let them in on everything you've been using for it..

We brought in outside people, lol. We'll keep trying and whatnot.

New release:

Playable Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick. This is a .cia release, meaning that it is cfw only. (In other words, a custom dlc.)

Credits to DeathChaos25.

Notes:

Ur146lL.png

A more detailed post with further instructions will be released later.

Edited by luyairis

If you do decide to get OoTHacks its $20 for a copy. You'll also need a way to load the hacked save onto the cart. I use powersave which is another $15 if you don't have one.

i have powersaves, but ill probably look into getting the OoThack- is there any chance that someone will find a different way to hack on 10.7 without OoT or Ninjhax? i have no idea what the update patched but just out of curiosity. also, should i just buy OoT for a reliable gateway? thank you in advance! c:

i have powersaves, but ill probably look into getting the OoThack- is there any chance that someone will find a different way to hack on 10.7 without OoT or Ninjhax? i have no idea what the update patched but just out of curiosity. also, should i just buy OoT for a reliable gateway? thank you in advance! c:

not really, no. 10.6 patched out menuhax and browserhax so OoTHax off the Nintendo Selects release is your cheapest entry point now. Its pretty reliable once you've got it going.

Edited by Merik2013

10.7.0 basically blocked Browserhax (the only free way to access the homebrew launcher) and Menuhax (the only way to coldboot into homebrew without CFW).

So OoT is basically your only option to get into Homebrew Launcher.

10.7.0 basically blocked Browserhax (the only free way to access the homebrew launcher) and Menuhax (the only way to coldboot into homebrew without CFW).

So OoT is basically your only option to get into Homebrew Launcher.

Mind if you would kindly list in an order the procedures (in layman's terms) on what to do after one has

>installed homebrew through OoThax

>installed patcher, undub, and fantranslation

I tried Level99Studios' YT video tutorial on the IF patch installment but it doesn't launch FE with hans for my N3DS FW 10.7..so I believe it was outdated ,';^/

Mind if you would kindly list in an order the procedures (in layman's terms) on what to do after one has

>installed homebrew through OoThax

>installed patcher, undub, and fantranslation

I tried Level99Studios' YT video tutorial on the IF patch installment but it doesn't launch FE with hans for my N3DS FW 10.7..so I believe it was outdated ,';^/

Hasn't been following for a while...

While it is good idea to learn, you might to look for ready HANS rom on shady 3diso site. It requires registration though.

Just look for a topic "Undub romfs HANS & Undub CIAs..."

Does the Chrom custom DLC have a special ID? I like the idea of recruiting the 3, then deleting the "DLC," but I have a lot of things installed and I'd rather not have to sift through all of them to delete the file.