[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering, does the undub patch cover the cut-scenes of the game? Like the opening of the game and etc?

Yes.

And as for the other posts after this about extracting specific voice clips... you need the 3ds development tools to unpack/repack the bscar (is that the right file type) files.

Yes it does. It's in the FAQ spoiler.

Use the patcher to patch your romfs and use it for HANS or CIA installation.

This thread's op doesn't contain any concrete instructions, I found this http://pastebin.com/x8QuNKjq on the big fan translation thread. Thanks for the reply at least

How to apply all 5 patches on the same .3ds or .cia?

Which directory am I supposed to select with the patcher when I get the "Selected patch directory has too many or too few subfolders" for the namechangepatch for example, I get this error on every directory.

Edited by ffasggghasds

*Check some things*

I'm grateful for the guide MyLegGuy posted for Hans, but then the first step stumped me.

0. This tutorial assumes you have the homebrew launch installed, have basic knowledge on how to add new homebrew to the homebrew menu, and you have HANS from the homebrew starter pack.

If it's alright, anyone can help me here?

This thread's op doesn't contain any concrete instructions, I found this http://pastebin.com/x8QuNKjq on the big fan translation thread. Thanks for the reply at least

How to apply all 5 patches on the same .3ds or .cia?

Which directory am I supposed to select with the patcher when I get the "Selected patch directory has too many or too few subfolders" for the namechangepatch for example, I get this error on every directory.

Having the same issue here.

I kinda meant more 'Can anyone help or guide me somewhere about setting up homebrew?'.

There are plenty of guides on how to install homebrew out there, you just need to do a simple search.

Though your options will vary depending on which firmware you have.

Yes.

And as for the other posts after this about extracting specific voice clips... you need the 3ds development tools to unpack/repack the bscar (is that the right file type) files.

No idea how to do that, I kind of got into the whole fire emblem via youtube so I don't have a 3DS as of now... And it seems that I would need to spend almost 2000 dollars to get a developers 3DS.... Or am I reading the information you sent me wrong?

Not that. There is a device kit strictly for file manipulation... floating around on the internet.

Can't help you obtaining it.

But let me say, even if you have it, you need to know good ways of tinkering with it.

I really would like to help in your endeavor, but I have a lot on my plate.

No idea how to do that, I kind of got into the whole fire emblem via youtube so I don't have a 3DS as of now... And it seems that I would need to spend almost 2000 dollars to get a developers 3DS.... Or am I reading the information you sent me wrong?

Afaik thedude28 (who leads the team doing the fanslation atm) is writing a guide, and one of our own editors is also writing one, so that should be out.....hopefully soon.

--

As always, if you would like to join the team, we're always looking for people! PM me for details.

Afaik thedude28 (who leads the team doing the fanslation atm) is writing a guide, and one of our own editors is also writing one, so that should be out.....hopefully soon.

--

As always, if you would like to join the team, we're always looking for people! PM me for details.

I am happy to hear that, I want the Japanese combat voices so bad for Fates and Awakening... People have extracted the English ones, but hey a complete set is what I am aiming for... And I am sure there is a good number people that want the combat voices to go along with the my room voices.

Edited by TheGameSays

Would it be possible to have a bit of help how to patch the thing? I thought it was the same as IF patch, but keep saying "too many subfolders".

Having the same issue here.

I tried merging all the patches folders together and then selecting the /patch/ directory with the patcher. If "patch" doesn't work, try renaming it to "patchdir"

So I get to do only one patch that includes all 4 of them.

Hey, new person here and I want to say, Thanks for the work! Just one question!

I wish to know when the CFW version of the tutorial is coming up, that's what I plan to use for some of the patches that are not already in .cia.

Still new to this whole messing with the 3ds thing so I hope that's up soon.

Hey, new person here and I want to say, Thanks for the work! Just one question!

I wish to know when the CFW version of the tutorial is coming up, that's what I plan to use for some of the patches that are not already in .cia.

Still new to this whole messing with the 3ds thing so I hope that's up soon.

A standard way to install the patches via cfw for NEW users is going to be released likely within a week.

Quick question:

Is there a way to change my male main character's voice from M4 or M5 after I have started the game?

Like, is there a way to edit my save somehow to change to a voice type that isn't m4 or m5?

A standard way to install the patches via cfw for NEW users is going to be released likely within a week.

Thanks! I haven't decided which CFW to use yet, but I have an Old XL primed with Homebrew and on version 9.2 ready to go!

Edited by TA32