[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but my friend told me that I would be able to get some help by coming here. I purchased both physical copies of Fire Emblem Fates Conquest and Fire Emblem Fates Birthright, but I am extremely disappointed in just how poorly the localization is. Everything from the removal of the amie game to the terrible dialogue changes and character changes. With that said I am really happy there are people willing to fix this for us. Thank you very much. Though I know hardly anything with how to apply this patch, I will wait until the patch is released for me to start asking for tutorials. Now on to my questions.

My 3DS firmware is currently Ver. 10.5.0-30U. Will it be impossible for me to downgrade and run homebrew, etc. so I can run this patch? If not I would appreciate it if someone directed me to a beginner friendly guide on how I can do this.

Also what all do I need on my end? From what I have read I am under the impression that all I need is a 3DS, Physical copies of the games, an SD card (will any 2GB SD card work?), and access to the internet. Everything else can be downloaded.

Or would things be too much of a hassle and I should just sell my copies to go to importing a Japanese 3DS and the Japanese game and getting the other patch made for the Japanese games?

I am sorry if it sounds like I am just trying to get spoon fed the answers, but I have looked around on various sites. I am just not confident in what I know on the process so far to do anything.

on 10.5, you can still run Browserhax, which would allow you to install menuhax for easier access to homebrew, and with homebrew you can use HANS to run romhacks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but my friend told me that I would be able to get some help by coming here. I purchased both physical copies of Fire Emblem Fates Conquest and Fire Emblem Fates Birthright, but I am extremely disappointed in just how poorly the localization is. Everything from the removal of the amie game to the terrible dialogue changes and character changes. With that said I am really happy there are people willing to fix this for us. Thank you very much. Though I know hardly anything with how to apply this patch, I will wait until the patch is released for me to start asking for tutorials. Now on to my questions.

My 3DS firmware is currently Ver. 10.5.0-30U. Will it be impossible for me to downgrade and run homebrew, etc. so I can run this patch? If not I would appreciate it if someone directed me to a beginner friendly guide on how I can do this.

Also what all do I need on my end? From what I have read I am under the impression that all I need is a 3DS, Physical copies of the games, an SD card (will any 2GB SD card work?), and access to the internet. Everything else can be downloaded.

Or would things be too much of a hassle and I should just sell my copies to go to importing a Japanese 3DS and the Japanese game and getting the other patch made for the Japanese games?

I am sorry if it sounds like I am just trying to get spoon fed the answers, but I have looked around on various sites. I am just not confident in what I know on the process so far to do anything.

Don't quote me on any of this, but I believe it is impossible to downgrade from 10.5 as of right now without hardmod. But you can still run homebrew on 10.5 through browserhax and menuhax. There's a bunch of youtube videos that's helpful. They're simple processes, it's just it may take a couple of tries (and patience) -- specifically for browserhax.

But don't upgrade to 10.6 or else browser/menuhax won't work anymore. I don't think you don't have to import JP 3ds since homebrew is not region locked, and even if you do get JP 3ds or JP games, you would still need to get homebrew with a firmware 10.5 or under. I think your best bet right now might be getting the NA SE if you want the patch to work for all 3 routes, since I heard some digital copies doesn't work on HANS.

Otherwise, you might want to look into hardmods for CFW.

I have one question I couldn't find about homebrew giving haxs once I start the homebrew software with oot3dhax's/smashhax/ninjahax physical cart can I take it out for a physical game like fire emblem fates conquest or would I need a digital game hax to use physical carts with hans.

I just need to know to prepare for when your great work is done.

Ps. I couldnt ask on any other forums working with homebrew since it wouldn't let me make a account. Sorry for asking.

Edited by codeseeker

I have one question I couldn't find about homebrew giving haxs once I start the homebrew software with oot3dhax's/smashhax/ninjahax physical cart can I take it out for a physical game like fire emblem fates conquest or would I need a digital game hax to use physical carts with hans.

I just need to know to prepare for when your great work is done.

Ps. I couldnt ask on any other forums working with homebrew since it wouldn't let me make a account. Sorry for asking.

Yes once you load homebrew you can eject your *hax game and put in the actual game.

Will there be an option to switch it between english and Japanese? I do enjoy certain part of the English, so when this comes out I dont want to lose it entirety.

It says right in the first post that you can't. You either want entire game in Japanese audio or none of them, or you have to rip and replace the audio files by yourself.

Hey, I have a quick question. So I'm on 10.6 (unfortunately), but I managed to obtain a copy of OoT and a powersave, so I think I should be set for installing oothax (right?)

I was just wondering, does homebrew transfer saves? Like for example, I was actually quite getting used to the English voices, but I'd still like to switch back and forth occasionally. So if I launch the game normally, through the home menu, (for when I want to listen to English voices) will all of my save data be the same as when I start the game through homebrew (for when I want to listen to the undub)? Or will they be treated separately?

I have the same question regarding online functions.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, but I appreciate a response!

Hey, I have a quick question. So I'm on 10.6 (unfortunately), but I managed to obtain a copy of OoT and a powersave, so I think I should be set for installing oothax (right?)

I was just wondering, does homebrew transfer saves? Like for example, I was actually quite getting used to the English voices, but I'd still like to switch back and forth occasionally. So if I launch the game normally, through the home menu, (for when I want to listen to English voices) will all of my save data be the same as when I start the game through homebrew (for when I want to listen to the undub)? Or will they be treated separately?

I have the same question regarding online functions.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, but I appreciate a response!

It doesn't transfer saves, it just uses the same save. You're still always on Sysnand.

Just got my SE today and was going to use the undub but the new update 10.6 just came out. I'm still on 10.5 and am trying to use browserhax, but whenever I try to use the internet it tells me I need to update. Is there anyway I can use the internet without updating to 10.6 so I can use browserhax?

You might want something bigger than 2GB, that's very small and might not hold all the stuff you need. Don't 3dses normally ship with 4GB cards installed?

You might want something bigger than 2GB, that's very small and might not hold all the stuff you need. Don't 3dses normally ship with 4GB cards installed?

N3DSs come with a 4GB sd card.

IIRC, old 3DSs came with 2GB ones.

N3DSs come with a 4GB sd card.

IIRC, old 3DSs came with 2GB ones.

Hmm... I think my launch o3ds had a 2GB one and my Awakening o3ds had a 4GB one. Maybe they put a bigger one in it because it came with something preinstalled, maybe they upgraded their standard-issue after a while.

*shrug*

Just got my SE today and was going to use the undub but the new update 10.6 just came out. I'm still on 10.5 and am trying to use browserhax, but whenever I try to use the internet it tells me I need to update. Is there anyway I can use the internet without updating to 10.6 so I can use browserhax?

You should never rely on browserhax and stick to menuhax as soon as possible.

Anyway i decided to register and drop by to say that i wish you success in making restoration patch for FE:If

But I'd need internet for menuhax too...

If you don't have menuhax installed right now, then you're mostly out of options.

You can head over to http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and see your options...

p.s. are you sure that you never installed it? you can try to load your 3ds while pressing L and check

Edited by Douman

If you don't have menuhax installed right now, then you're mostly out of options.

You can head over to http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and see your options...

p.s. are you sure that you never installed it? you can try to load your 3ds while pressing L and check

No I never installed it. If I was able to get a 3ds with firmware 10.3 or around 9.2 would it be easier to access Menuhax?

No I never installed it. If I was able to get a 3ds with firmware 10.3 or around 9.2 would it be easier to access Menuhax?

you can downgrade 10.3 to 9.2 and install EmuNAND which is easier to play your own patched .cia (easily converted from rom).

I have a lot of stupid questions, so pardon me if you cringe while answering them.

For the amie restoration, are you gonna add the english voice files on the face rubbing feature ?

I'm confused as to why there would be any english audio? It just s tates changing everything to japanese audio.

I have a lot of stupid questions, so pardon me if you cringe while answering them.

For the amie restoration, are you gonna add the english voice files on the face rubbing feature ?

There are no english voice files for the face rubbing feature. They might offer a version with everything reenabled, but english voices, but then there'd just be silence for most of the Amie bit.

The only voice files of Amie in the NA version are the actual support convos once you've reached a certain level of affection, all the moans and giggles and such don't exist in the NA version.

Edited by Notius