Rena Strober appreciation thread

Thane

Hello wonderful Fire Emblem fans! I've been getting lots of requests to make a video of myself singing Lost in Thoughts All Alone. I checked with Nintendo if I was allowed to do that and they said YES!!

I thought I'd get your advice on the best way to release that video...as to not get hate mail from the 'other' kids of FE fans :)

I'll use a track and sing through some of the ballad version of the song. I'm just going to keep it simple..no recording studio...nothing fancy. Just me singing it. I thought I'd see what you guys thought.

Thanks!

Rena

I'm afraid I know very little about YouTube as well, but honestly, some people will complain no matter what; your passion and your voice are what matter, and if they don't like that then they can sod off. I have no experience in being harassed, but I hope it will not affect you or your performance; we here would all like to hear you sing it "as yourself".

Also, I'm pretty sure you need to fix an Azura avatar for your profile here on this forum.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello wonderful Fire Emblem fans! I've been getting lots of requests to make a video of myself singing Lost in Thoughts All Alone. I checked with Nintendo if I was allowed to do that and they said YES!!

I thought I'd get your advice on the best way to release that video...as to not get hate mail from the 'other' kids of FE fans :)

I'll use a track and sing through some of the ballad version of the song. I'm just going to keep it simple..no recording studio...nothing fancy. Just me singing it. I thought I'd see what you guys thought.

Thanks!

Rena

My suggestion would be to upload it YouTube and disable the comments no need to unlist it...

Thanks!

Rena

Pretty much what everyone said already. Upload to YouTube, have it unlisted and/or disable comments, then post it on here! If you need help, I'm sure someone will. :)

Thanks!

Rena

I'd just release it on youtube with likes and comments enabled, and I don't think you will get very much hate for doing it.

I believe that back in June of last year the reason you were getting so much negativiy was because of the exposure effect and that most of us were expecting to hear the Japanese vocals which we had been hearing for the past 6 months at the time. People have really warmed up to your vocals in the game and it will probably be well recieved.

if you need help uploading feel free to ask one of us for help

also, if you've played Fates and have gone online you might see a thing called a my castle adress on the bottom of the screen in your castle, would you share it with us please so we can all visit you and bring you gifts

Edited by Captain Karnage

Thanks!

Rena

That sounds wonderful! I'll add another point to the release on youtube idea.

Terribly late to the thread, but...

Thanks!

Rena

HI Rena nice to meet you! It's really cool to have you here on the Forest with the objectively better outfit of Azura, the Conquest one!. So welcome!!

If you have any questions regarding Fates or FE basics, don't hesitate on messing up with the Site and/or posting threads for advice.

I love Lost in Thoughts All Alone so muchh. I listen to it everyday!!

Fun Fact:

She also plays Kanami Mashita from P4: Dancing All Night and Emma Millstein from The Legend of Heroes:Trails of Cold Steel.

She also voices some Computer Girl on the movie bling.

Anyways, I love Rena Strober's role on Azura. I hope she does more roles in future games. She's like the unrated version Idina Menzel.

Fun Fact:

She also plays Kanami Mashita from P4: Dancing All Night and Emma Millstein from The Legend of Heroes:Trails of Cold Steel.

She also voices some Computer Girl on the movie bling.

Anyways, I love Rena Strober's role on Azura. I hope she does more roles in future games. She's like the unrated version Idina Menzel.

Funny you say that: One time I was listening to Lost in Thoughts All Alone, and my mom thought I was listening to Let It Go. XD

Thanks!

Rena

Uh, yes. All my yes. The song has quickly become one of my most listened to songs ever. Thank you so much for doing this Miss Strober! Really, I don't think there is too much to avoid hate on the internet (unfortunately), but I definitely feel any hate that will be there will be far less now than it was before considering it's been ~2 months since the game has been released and most opinions are really positive at this point. And because all the haters moved on to games like Bravely Second instead. But I guess if you want to be really safe about avoiding hate, like others before me said, just turn off the like bar and comment section!

Wait, that's Azura?

Nah man, it's Benny in a wig.

Yeah if you really just want to avoid the chance of getting hateful comments on the video and don't want to deal with it, the best way is to just disable the comments. Even if the video is unlisted, as long as someone has the link to the video it can be accessed by anyone and it will probably be shared outside of here.

It's all up to you though and thanks so much for doing this!

Edit: Grammar fix because I shouldn't post when falling asleep.

Edited by Gardenia

Due to the nature of that necro, I'm letting it go.

I'd just release it on youtube with likes and comments enabled, and I don't think you will get very much hate for doing it.

I believe that back in June of last year the reason you were getting so much negativiy was because of the exposure effect and that most of us were expecting to hear the Japanese vocals which we had been hearing for the past 6 months at the time. People have really warmed up to your vocals in the game and it will probably be well recieved.

if you need help uploading feel free to ask one of us for help

also, if you've played Fates and have gone online you might see a thing called a my castle adress on the bottom of the screen in your castle, would you share it with us please so we can all visit you and bring you gifts

Sorry dude, gotta agree with the people who said to disable comments. YouTube isn't known for its intellectually stimulating conversations or constructive criticism. Also, once that video's posted, I'll keep a closer eye on this thread. Someone hit me over the head if something goes wrong in here.

Wait, that's Azura?

No, it's Ninian in black.

You guys are awesome!! Thanks so much! I think I'll disable the comments but keep it public. That way people will know it's meant for enjoyment and not tearing apart.

Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend. I want it to be the best I can make it...and unfortunately, I'm a perfectionist.

Thanks again!

Rena

I'm definitely looking forward to this! Here's hoping the internet has calmed down.

most definitly

I really haven't heard anything but praise for the english version

(espicially for all 3 versions of End of All)

@RenaStober just wondering, if you are allowed to say, what were the lyrics in End of All right after "you are the ocean's grey waves" I haven't been able to make them out

Edited by Captain Karnage