Rena Strober appreciation thread

Thane

Did some one send to ya. If so that was really nice of them :)

SF made it and sent it to her, lol! One of our users who participated in the Scribbles event, specifically. Can see Hima's post about it on her tumblr. It was unfinished originally, but she finished it and we paid the costs so we could send it as a gift:

http://himagurumi.tumblr.com/post/143859248243/the-azura-doll-you-made-for-rena-strober-is-super

Can also see the pics she took of it during our event. Should check out her tumblr anyway, lots of cool work on it, and she does commissions if anyone wants a yarn character of their own and is willing to pay for it.

Edited by Tangerine

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Internet is finally working well enough for me to see the video of you singing, and I really liked it! You are an amazing singer, I think. Due to my hearing impairment and not knowing the song too well, I could barely understand a word you said (my problem, not yours :D), but that doesn't matter. You were excellent and did a great job! Thanks for sharing that with us! I know we'd love to see more!

EDIT: Mobile does not have spell check

Edited by Power Master

I finally got some time to come on here and catch up on this thread and I wish I had gotten to sooner! What a great video - thank you so much for making it and sharing it, Miss Strober! Your voice is just lovely, and I'd also love to see and hear you perform more of the song!!

Also, not gonna lie, totally cool to see the Azura doll on your shelf, and I'm so very glad to hear you like it. Yaay! :D

Hey Miss Strober!

I just wanted to say that seeing your courage to put out that wonderful video was amazing and seeing the love and support from all kinds of people brings a smile to my face every time. Games means a lot to me and I believe that every contribution to a game is important and yours is no exception. Games have always helped me through the bad days and what better way to smile again when listening to your beautiful voice.

You are actually one of the reasons to why I decided to join this forum. I had been mostly nervous and a bit worried of trying out a forum even though I know that this community is friendly but seeing you sing so confident gave me the courage to join the forum and I cannot thank you enough for that. It is also thanks to you that I can write this to show you how much I appreciate your work.

Can't wait to hear more of your singing if you decide to do that

Hey guys, a Fabulous update.

27d2efce07.png

Rena's both met and exceeded her Goal for her kickstarter! It just passed its halfway point (13 days remain of its 29 day timeline), and there's literally not a single bad thing about this :)

I got Fates on Saturday and I'm currently at Chapter 16 of Birthright. Rena totally nailed Azura IMO. :D The singing is amazing, Azura's voice is amazing, everything is amazing! :D Keep up the good work! :)

I'm a tad late, but I'd just like to thank Ms. Strober for her wonderful performance in the English language release of the game. While I haven't listened to the original Japanese version yet myself, I thoroughly enjoyed Rena's English cover, especially the Conquest and Birthright verses.

Also, congratulations on reaching the Kickstarter goal! :3

Finally beat Birthright and I loved the vocals in the final stage and ending. You did a great job, Rena!

Unrelated: I like how Jason Adkins (Ike) got top-billing in the English VA cast. It wasn't even an alphabetical list.

Finally beat Birthright and I loved the vocals in the final stage and ending. You did a great job, Rena!

Unrelated: I like how Jason Adkins (Ike) got top-billing in the English VA cast. It wasn't even an alphabetical list.

It actually was alphabetical in regards to last names.

It actually was alphabetical in regards to last names.

It... didn't look like it. Eh, I guess I was focused on the character endings above it. Couldn't keep track of both screens, haha.

Doy...

I've never been a big fan of japanese songs that get english dubs because the language and cadence often make it sound weird...and while I still think lyrically they could have done better for the song, Ms. Strober really makes the most out of it, and her voice is incredibly beautiful and fitting for Azura!

Not trying to upstage you but...

Ir's a high-quality copy I found. This is the full verson from the Credits. I just finished my second playthrough of Conquest (Epic Feels Q.Q) and found the title of the song ;)

On a related note: Anyone have the Lyrics Sheet to go with this vid? I'm gonna cover it and would like the lyrics with which to practice ^_^

Yeah, blaming the singer is pretty ridiculous. The reason the english version of LITAA is bad isn't because of her, her voice is friggin' fantastic, it's because of the second-rate lyric translation giving her really lame lyrics to sing.

It's not her fault somebody had the audacity to make her pronounce "double" as "da bull", among myriad other examples of clumsy lyrics.

Edited by Alastor15243

Yeah, they had to fit English words into what was originally Japanese lyrics. They had to choose words that would fit both the theme and the melody.

Pronunciation is a different matter, though... I guess it just depends on the dialect.

Yeah, they had to fit English words into what was originally Japanese lyrics. They had to choose words that would fit both the theme and the melody.

Pronunciation is a different matter, though... I guess it just depends on the dialect.

Well yeah, but it took me five minutes to come up with better lyrics, so I'm assuming whoever was assigned that task just didn't care.

"Yet still the tides ever change" instead of "Yet the waters ever change", and "and a two-edged blade cuts your heart in two" instead of "a double-edged blade cuts your heart in two" for example.

Again though, to be clear: Not. Rena. Strober's. Fault.

Edited by Alastor15243

On a related note: Anyone have the Lyrics Sheet to go with this vid? I'm gonna cover it and would like the lyrics with which to practice ^_^

This Youtuber was able to transcribe the song into sheet music

The links to the sheet music are in the description.

Hi friend!!! I'm so excited to share with you my recent pride & joy! It has nothing to do with Fire Emblem but it has to do with music...and an amazing 7 year old blind boy that I teach. We recreated Suddenly Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors!! I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to share :)

xox

Rena

Hi friend!!! I'm so excited to share with you my recent pride & joy! It has nothing to do with Fire Emblem but it has to do with music...and an amazing 7 year old blind boy that I teach. We recreated Suddenly Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors!! I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to share :)

xox

Rena

That was incredible to watch!

Rena's voice imo was quite close to AmaLee tbh i honestly don't have any complains. i've looked through alot of places i don't seem to find any hate comments though.

anyhow also appreciate how Rena voice Asura, it is definitely no easy task and she did a great job imo. also some of the comments by Rena was cute in this thread hehe