Rena Strober appreciation thread

Thane

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rena, you did great as azura. I know it wouldn't have been an easy task but I have to say, you absolutely nailed it and found no flaws with your performances so far. I beat conquest and am on chapter 14 birthright and I look forward to more of it.

I love your work, especially the Nohr version of Lost in Thoughts All Alone.

Do you get many Groans of Increasing Discomfort meme jokes?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friend!!! I'm so excited to share with you my recent pride & joy! It has nothing to do with Fire Emblem but it has to do with music...and an amazing 7 year old blind boy that I teach. We recreated Suddenly Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors!! I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to share :)

xox

Rena

That was really great, thanks for posting it.

I initially came here to say that I saw your name in the credits for Zero Time Dilemma. I "beat the game" in 10 minutes. I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of the game, so thanks for your work on it. Don't know what Akane will be like in ZTD but she was an interesting and eventually compelling character in the prior entries.

It really sucks how so many people seem to have it out for Ms Strober, she was fantastic in Fates and I loved hearing her as Akane in Zero Time Dilemma. I hope she pushes through all the negativity and churns out more good stuff in the future :)

Hey guys!! I need fan help again. I'm going to Comic Con next week to do a fun panel called Super Geeked up on Friday at 9pm. I want to represent Azura! Do you know where I can get her pendant online that's not from China? It's a little over a week away...and China shipping isn't possible. I don't think I'll wear her dress...but I see that people are selling her pendant. Or maybe an Azura T-Shirt?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Rena

Oh wow, nice to see a thread for this!

I actually wanted to write that I really did enjoy Azura as a whole in Fates, although writing on some parts was a bit rough. Rena Strober is fantastic and I'm glad she was able to put forth the performance given; I hope to hear more of her when I play Zero Time Dilemma and, hopefully, many more projects.

Hey guys!! I need fan help again. I'm going to Comic Con next week to do a fun panel called Super Geeked up on Friday at 9pm. I want to represent Azura! Do you know where I can get her pendant online that's not from China? It's a little over a week away...and China shipping isn't possible. I don't think I'll wear her dress...but I see that people are selling her pendant. Or maybe an Azura T-Shirt?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Rena

Looking around, I found that the better-designed ones (i.e. Ones that actually look like the pendant and are not made from cardboard) tend to ship from China. Either that or you'd have to spend $100-200...and ship from Japan... But, hey, shipping is free :)

While it would be cool to give away the pendant, I think a T-Shirt would be the best bet here.

Just wanted to say I think the song is excellent and I am very glad with work done with the voice acting. It's sad that people will react in that sort of way, but your efforts and work are appreciated.

Just wanted to say I think the song is excellent and I am very glad with work done with the voice acting. It's sad that people will react in that sort of way, but your efforts and work are appreciated.

THANKS!! Thankfully since the game has come out in it entirety, the crappy mean judging has stopped ;)

xo

Rena

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also I wanted to say thank you to Rena Strober. I have never played the Japanese version so I'm not going to compare anything (and honestly, I don't understand why people would...) but I think your singing and voice acting on the English version is great. I've been listening to the full version of Lost in Thoughts All Alone many times over the past few days, I really like it :) Thank you very much!

A burdened heart sinks into the ground
A veil falls away without a sound

I'm typing on my 3DS, so if my post is a bit cluttered, I'd blame the browser lol. Anyway, I cannot thank you enough for playing the part of Aqua and really pulling it off the way it should be. You're absolutely and postively amazing both as Aqua's character and also a beautiful singer. It made playing the localized version of this game, so much better knowing you put your heart into it. I'm actually teary-eyed right now because I'm talking to her voice actress and never thought I'd be saying this stuff to her. My mind is basically screaming "OMG! OMG! OMG! IT'S AQUA!!!". It makes me happy knowing I could tell you how I feel about everything you did and done. I really wish you the best Rena, and you have my complete support. I hope you do a comeback sometime in the Fire Emblem series, and if you do, I'll be damned if I'm not the first in line! XD Thank you so much for your performance Rena, and whenever you are reading this, I hope your day is blessed just as much as you blessed mine when I play this game. <3 ~Lithium

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a legit way to download the full official English song? The ones on itunes are missing verses or has different lyrics.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently purchased The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2. Earlier today, I caught up to Emma Millstein. You have a deeper appreciation knowing who her (English) voice actress is ^_^

Here's hoping you ge cast for the role in Trails of Cold Steel 3!

• 1 month later...

I love Rena Strober's performance of Lost in Thoughts All Alone because it really captures the feel of the original Japanese version and the lyrics are great. 

The Birthright lyrics are my favourite.

Edited by phoenixmiko

• 1 month later...

Honestly I really loved her vocals for Azura. I think they made the right choice in picking her to voice Azura. It just seems to fit so nicely. Rena's voice has a very mature sound, and it does Azura justice.