Rena Strober appreciation thread

Thane

This is the message I got from her as a response to this thread: "WOW! I tried to join the site to personally thank everyone but i had trouble. Please let everyone know how much their kindness means to me. Truly. Brought tears to my eyes."

I'm glad she saw this thread! :^_^:

(I have the Nohr song cutscene on repeat right now actually lol)

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've mentioned it before in other threads, but adapting songs from Japanese to English is supremely hard. Rena had probably the hardest task of anyone in the cast and it came out beautifully. Bravo Ms. Strober! I can't wait for Friday!

Personally, I think that she did a really amazing job, especially with the singing (I loved the power in the Nohr version of the dance). I also think that she did a really good job voicing Azura. I think that the voice, singing and speaking, is very natural to the character.

I know that she may never read this, but if you do read this by any chance, Rena: Thank you for doing such an amazingly outstanding job voicing Azura, I was completely blown away! :)

This is the message I got from her as a response to this thread: "WOW! I tried to join the site to personally thank everyone but i had trouble. Please let everyone know how much their kindness means to me. Truly. Brought tears to my eyes."

On this day, justice has been served!

Good. She deserves happy tears in her eyes, not sad ones.

I loved her voice since the E3 trailer, and since hearing much more of it in smash and recent trailers, I love it even more! I want to express to Ms. Strober how much I appreciate all the work she's put into this role, and I hope she knows that her voice completely matches the beautiful and ethereal image I have of Azura. Thank you so much for bringing Azura to life in English and I hope I can continue to hear your lovely voice in many things to come! Fire Emblem Fates is very blessed to have a singer of your dedication performing in it~!

Listen to your friend Matt Mercer! He knows your performance is awesome, and I'd trust his word over a bunch of weebling bottom feeders!

Ms. Strober, I love your singing, and your voicework for Azura! No one deserves to be hated just because 'it's not the Japanese waaaaaah' The Nohr version of Azura's song is just awesome! All of your singing, voicework, etc. Keep it up!

After E3 happened and they showed the English translation of that one cutscene with her singing, I loved it. Granted, I didn't know who Rena was when I found out who voiced Azura, but then I looked more into her and found out that she has the talent for Azura. The fact that she managed to do a phenomenal performance of a song that was translated from Japanese shows that she has what it takes. Granted, credit does go to Treehouse for managing to get a good song that still worked with the melody and tempo of the background music.

Also, she's still trying to sign up on the site, but seems to be experiencing some difficulties with finishing the signing up process.

Edited by KazeNinja17

Thanks for showing her the thread! Mission accomplished! I'm glad we managed to give her a better impression of our fandom, as well as show the respect she deserves for her hard work.

While we're on the subject of appreciation, here's her IMDb page. I haven't seen a lot of her work, but she does great in all her roles that I've seen in my opinion.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2419128/

Edited by Phillius

I've had this account for a while but haven't had the guts to post anything. With that said, I really wanted to compliment Rena on her amazing voice acting and singing, and the Nohr version of the song is absolutely amazing and I have it on repeat. If you're reading this, thanks for lending your awesome voice to a series I love!

Oh no! Has she specified which part of the sign up process is giving her trouble?

This is what her last message to me said:

"I signed up and even clicked to complete registration but it wouldn't work. I'll keep trying. Thanks again!!"

Listen to your friend Matt Mercer! He knows your performance is awesome, and I'd trust his word over a bunch of weebling bottom feeders!

Supportive bff Matthew Mercer is too good for this world.

Supportive bff Matthew Mercer is too good for this world.

Exactly! I've met him in person before, and he's one of the coolest actors I've ever had the pleasure to meet. She's very lucky to call him a friend! :)

I hope I can get Rena's autograph too some day!

The Japanese version of the song is great, but so is Rena's version. I've listened to the English version on repeat a lot since it was released in the Smash DLC, and once footage of the Nohr version made it to youtube, I've been listening to that a lot as well. I think that might be my favorite version.

I haven't heard too much of her actual dialogue in the game (trying to avoid too many spoilers), but I've liked what I have heard. And the songs are just so good.

I hope an English soundtrack gets released, with all the different variants of the song included.

Exactly! I've met him in person before, and he's one of the coolest actors I've ever had the pleasure to meet. She's very lucky to call him a friend! :)

I hope I can get Rena's autograph too some day!

She needs good friends too. She seriously doesn't deserve the hate. :c

imma totally do a run with Azura x Ryouma now

She needs good friends too. She seriously doesn't deserve the hate. :c

imma totally do a run with Azura x Ryouma now

[spoiler=Azura canon marriage xD]m74AhIe.png

(I think this was posted somewhere here before)

Edited by Manakete Morgan

Did Matthew Mercer said something about this?

Where?

She mentions it in an interview that he talked to her about the backlash (To be linked)

Edited by Manakete Morgan

Thank you for all your hard work Rena! I'm sorry your introduction to the fanbase was hmm... Let's say less than favorable to put it mildly but a majority really do appreciate all the work and it looks like a lot of people are coming around as we get closer to release. Don't let that small vocal minority get you down, you don't deserve any hate.

Good luck in future endeavors and I hope to hear you in more roles as well~

I've really liked Azura's voice since I heard it in the E3 trailer. To be honest, I didn't know much of anything about Rena beforehand, but she seems like an amazing person and her singing is really good! It makes me so sad and upset that there are some people who'd just... attack her like that! D:

Translating a song while also having to keep with the tempo of the original... isn't that really hard to do? But I think she pulled it off really well! I've been listening to both versions of "Lost In Thoughts All Alone" many times. The Smash version is amazing, as well.

So... good job, Rena!

I thought the Nohr version was slightly jarring at first, but that was probally a case of being more used to the japanese version, since I like it now. No one deserves to get backlashed like that. She did amazingly well.