Rena Strober appreciation thread

Thane

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the message I got from her as a response to this thread: "WOW! I tried to join the site to personally thank everyone but i had trouble. Please let everyone know how much their kindness means to me. Truly. Brought tears to my eyes."

I SQUEE!

Hopefully she can join! Id love to see her post with the Azura badge on!

Rena, you did a great job. Please ignore the detractors, the last game had up to 700,000 people buying it in the states; and close to 2 million worldwide .... the vocal minority for this fanbase can be very loud and not exercise proper judgement, but the actual % of people complaining is on the very low end.

is this actually a thing, that people are super mad that a dub voice wasn't the same as the japanese?

christ

outlaw weebs from this site imo

EDIT: okay i mean i guess it's always that way that people get mad when things get changed but were people like abusing her on twitter over having the gall to replace their waifu's voice?

Edited by Integrity

I think Rena Strober did a fantastic job both with Azura's song and with her voice. The English version of the song is absolutely beautiful.

It's very sad to see how people were that upset and hostile over it. I think a lot of people have come around since once they heard more.

So while most are positive, honestly for me what I've heard of her for Azura and all largely gears towards negative, BUT, as I mentioned in that one geek podcast video, she did pretty well with what she had and after multiple hearings of what we've seen by far I've been tiptoeing back and forth between positive and negative. However, one thing I do commend her on is the vocals for LITAA on the dance scene in Hoshido as it was done perfectly in my opinion and actually made me prefer it over Renka's rendition of it in Japanese. I don't like how she performed the Nohr version as well as it's lyrical flow (not her fault though), but to have someone like me who usually prefers the Japanese to the English dub like something vice versa so much more is an accomplishment in it of itself. I hope you don't mind my criticism Rena, it's just simply my personal viewpoint and I'm not the type to usually be obnoxious about it like most others on the net out there are.

-EDIT-

Also, though I may not like all of her deliveries for lines as Aqua, I think her normal voice is quite lovely.

Edited by Kanethedragon

EDIT: okay i mean i guess it's always that way that people get mad when things get changed but were people like abusing her on twitter over having the gall to replace their waifu's voice?

okay a mate of mine confirmed that this actually is a thing that is ongoing

and people wonder why "gamer" is a toxic label. talk about entitlement.

okay a mate of mine confirmed that this actually is a thing that is ongoing

and people wonder why "gamer" is a toxic label. talk about entitlement.

Thankfully, I have a solution in mind.

weeaboo.gif

But seriously, this whole thing is blown way out of proportion and reflects poorly on those of us who aren't entitled twats.

If you are reading this, I absolutely love you, Ms Strober.

Azura's a pretty great character and I really enjoy Lost in Thoughts All Alone. I can't wait until I get to play Fates and really sink my teeth into all of the content. I think my Corrin will be totally best friends with Azura and Kaden because I'm slightly weird and make head canon like that

I have no idea about FE14 but I agree that anyone self-entitled enough to complain about the English language existing and attack voice-actors for doing their jobs is, frankly, a pathetic waste of oxygen. If you consider yourself one of these, then please identify yourself by replying to this post so you can be purged easily and conveniently from the site.

So thanks to Rena Strober and to actors broadly, for bringing media to life. And shame on those who would bring them down with their petty agenda as 'gamers'.

First off, I want to thank you Rena for liking my tweet from liking your interview in Super Geeked Up's video. You don't deserve the toxic feedback the haters are giving you. I was nervous when the E3 trailer was uploaded on YouTube, and when I heard your voice, I was impressed! Months later when the Corrin DLC came out in Super Smash Bros., I finally got to hear your voice in LITAA, and I almost cried because of how beautiful your voice was in the song. Your Nohr version was also spectacular, while Hoshido's was graceful!

Because of your angelic voice, I have faith in the localization of Fates. Thank you so very much for lending your voice and providing Azura's character so perfectly. ^_^

This is what her last message to me said:

"I signed up and even clicked to complete registration but it wouldn't work. I'll keep trying. Thanks again!!"

Ask her what she chose as a username and I'll approve the account manually. Chances are it's an email related issue.

edit: I see her account, it validated fine, did she forget what she used for id/pass info? She should just have to log into the account now.

Edited by Tangerine

coulda just taken a few minutes to validate, sometimes i see people in validating... for five or so minutes and then they come out of it

EDIT: n-no i don't stalk new accounts to make sure they're not alts w-why would you ask that >_>

Edited by Integrity

Thank you, Ms. Strober, for doing such a wonderful job with the song! I could really feel the emotions when I was listening to it, and I can't wait for the full version to be released! Please don't listen to the weebling's comments; there are so many of us who are really appreciative of your talent and the work you put into this game.

*raises eyebrow suspiciously towards mod*

Really now

He doesn't stalk them to make sure they're not alts, he stalks them to make sure they aren't migrating from GameFAQs. Can't have that lot getting in here. *snobby elitist laugh*

Edited by Phillius

It was made a couple of hours ago, seems to have validated fine. She should be able to log in as long as she remembers her log in ID and password.

I'll check with her about this tomorrow.

Yup. Just have her click "Sign In" at the top right of the forum page (next to Create Account), type in her username and password and she should be good to go. There don't appear to be any problems with her account.

Edited by Tangerine

Hearing the Japanese voices first, I do have a standard comparing when the game becomes dubbed into English. When I first heard Rena's voice, I was skeptical at first if it was to live up what I was used to with Renka. Rena's voice grew on me. I enjoyed listening to the song more and more, especially on smash bros. I havent seen the voice acting yet, but if it is as good as the impression of what I have on her singing, then I will enjoy it too. Overall, she did as great compared to the Japanese version and Im glad they casted her for the role. She is perfect.

Edited by Reiyson

Yup. Just have her click "Sign In" at the top right of the forum page (next to Create Account), type in her username and password and she should be good to go. There don't appear to be any problems with her account.

Alright. I can relay this information to her and hopefully she'll be able to sign in then.