Fates Avatar Related Question. Could Really Use Some Help

Tiero

Hey Guys, so here's my question:

In Fire Emblem: Awakening one of my favorite things to do was create new avatars, send them over to my file, train them, and then use them in my main party. However in Awakening all avatars had access to all classes. In Fates that is not the case.

So basically what I'm asking is if there is any way to unlock classes for an avatar I brought over from another one of my files?

If not are there other ways to unlock classes other than supports? Also, if neither of those are possible what do you guys suggest I do to unlock the classes I want them to have without getting them to high level to not get the skills, but still do it quick enough that I can play them on my main playthrough? Thanks in advance guys.

You get 1 secondary class at character creation and all other classes (barring DLC) are obtained by supporting with others. Any characters you bring over will presumably have any class they unlocked prior to the transfer but they won't be able to get any new classes because they can't support.

You'd probably have to unlock all the classes for them before bringing them over. To get all the classes, you need to A support every same-sex character and use buddy seals. Logbook characters cannot support, right?

Hey, quick side-question. Where'd you get that picture of an avatar's face on a different class's portrait? That is awesome!

Edited by Tiero

Hey, quick side-question. Where'd you get that picture of an avatar's face on a different class's portrait? That is awesome!

Oh, I made that myself. Thank you! :p I believe that there is a tumblr that does this kind of stuff based on requests, but I don't recall the URL.

So it looks like it's going to be a lot harder to train my large number of avatars if Fates (Groans of Increasing Discomfort)

P.S. Yes I added this comment just so that I could use the meme.

Edited by Tiero

Ok, I actually just thought of another question.

If I make an avatar (Say....Bob) and I have a file where he's going with Hoshido and another where he is with Nohr. Now If I unlock say, Knight for him in Nohr and then maybe Samurai for him in Hoshido, will I be able to move one copy of him onto My main character's (Um...Fred's) file? Does this make any sense?

P.S. No I do not have avatars named Bob and Fred, just an example

The Bob that went to Nohr and unlocked Knight will be on a different save file than the one who went to Hoshido and unlocked Samurai. They are now functionally different characters.

So you could transfer both Bob 1 and Bob 2, but you can't get one Bob with both Samurai and Knight in this fashion

Ok, so final question: I read that you can unlock all skill for your avatar by doing multiple playthrough and buying the skills for them via logbook. So can Fred buy skills from Bob? Thanks for answering all my questions guys. I really appreciate it.

If you want, I could go and splice a Corrin head onto a class's body for you, though I'd need to know what you want.

Though I don't know if there's a resource for easy Corrin hairstyles/colors/faces.

Edit: Found some. Whatd'you want?

Edited by Anomalocaris

If you want, I could go and splice a Corrin head onto a class's body for you, though I'd need to know what you want.

Though I don't know if there's a resource for easy Corrin hairstyles/colors/faces.

Edit: Found some. Whatd'you want?

That would be awesome! Would you be willing to do a few of them? The one I mainly want done is my avatar (My profile pic) on the Fates Myrmidon Portrait. Even just him would be cool, thanks!

That would be awesome! Would you be willing to do a few of them? The one I mainly want done is my avatar (My profile pic) on the Fates Myrmidon Portrait. Even just him would be cool, thanks!

It's a bit hard to tell at this size, but is that hair color 4, or 14? Just want to be sure.

I wasn't sure if you wanted the headband or not. So...

Gee Tiero! How come Anomalocaris lets you get two pictures?

038eaDh.pngjIFhKbc.png

I'm not too pleased with the eye shading on the right one, but otherwise happy with how they came out. Thanks for letting me do some spritework, it's been a while since I've done stuff like this. Used to make insane edits of Pokemon sprites. The trainers, not the Pokemon themselves.

I wasn't sure if you wanted the headband or not. So...

Gee Tiero! How come Anomalocaris lets you get two pictures?

038eaDh.pngjIFhKbc.png

I'm not too pleased with the eye shading on the right one, but otherwise happy with how they came out. Thanks for letting me do some spritework, it's been a while since I've done stuff like this. Used to make insane edits of Pokemon sprites. The trainers, not the Pokemon themselves.

Whoa those are awesome! Thanks so much!

Yeah I've a lot of Pokemon trainer edits, I play a lot of Pokemon fan game. They're pretty cool. Some people have even made their own pokemon in their fan game and most of them were amazing. I need to get good at this kind of stuff, lol

Edited by Tiero

Whoa those are awesome! Thanks so much!

Yeah I've a lot of Pokemon trainer edits, I play a lot of Pokemon fan game. They're pretty cool. Some people have even made their own pokemon in their fan game and most of them were amazing. I need to get good at this kind of stuff, lol

You're welcome!