How popular did Fire emblem get!? Out of stock everywhere?! (Canada)

JoeyW001

Okay. My excitement turned into anger, not only couldn't I reserve the special edition the day of pre-orders went up at eb games. All regular editions of fates is sold out too?

I went to 2 ebgames and 2 Walmarts. Almost all the employees had a nice giggle saying I was just a few mins late when the last copies got sold

Sigh.. Frustrating to say the least, I used my lunch from work to try to buy one.. Now I'm Fire emblem'less and I'm hungry...

This is the first time I've seen out of stock 2 hours from store opening since tactics ogre for psp.

Edited by JoeyW001

This is why I preorder stuff. How come you didn't preorder? You didn't think it'd sell out so fast? I suppose that's understandable, but even so, I don't take any chances these days what with the past Amiibo situations and what we all saw happen with the Fates SE.

This is why I preorder stuff. How come you didn't preorder? You didn't think it'd sell out so fast? I suppose that's understandable, but even so, I don't take any chances these days what with the past Amiibo situations and what we all saw happen with the Fates SE.

It was definitely my neglect to realize how popular FE became after awakening. When Awakening launched, there was abundance of Fire emblem editions 3DS XL's sitting on eb games store shelves. I'd figured if i couldn't fight off the hardcore FE fans for preordering special editions for Fates, i'll take my chances with launch day. The mind set was If i spent 20 dollars on preordering the regular editions, but managed to find a special edition on launch day.. it'll be money wasted.

Edited by JoeyW001

I missed out pre-ordering online but went into EB and ordered in store Dec 7th, just picked up my copy with no issues. Probably lucky to live in a small town though.

Only downside was the younger woman who asked who I was picking it up for as I guess 45 yr old women aren't allowed to be dorks too :)

Edited by Hanajimaismycat

I'm already hyped to start it! March 4th...I will have the game! My banner I will use on the Conquest path!

Edited by PuffPuff

I'm already hyped to start it! March 4th...I will have the game! My banner I will use on the Conquest path!

March? Youch. Was that a preorder?

Side note, Gamestop tracking now says my copy will arrive on Wednesday instead of Monday. tf

Okay. My excitement turned into anger, not only couldn't I reserve the special edition the day of pre-orders went up at eb games. All regular editions of fates is sold out too?

I went to 2 ebgames and 2 Walmarts. Almost all the employees had a nice giggle saying I was just a few mins late when the last copies got sold

Hey give Toys R Us a try! Everyone forgets about them and I've gotten really lucky there.

Birthright Wallpaper

Normal/Revelations Wallpaper

@AddictPunk

March.

Yes. Cuz...gotta prepare my wallet for.

Edited by PuffPuff

if anyone lives in quebec Pincourt there was a copy of birthright when I left after I got a copy for my sister now just to find conquest it was unfortunately sold out at wallmart.

Edited by goldenlance7

I'm both saddened and happy to hear this. Personally, I got two preorders cancelled (a WalMart and a BestBuy), then camped out in front of Best But and finally got my Special Edition. In my city (San Antonio) both Special and Regular are all sold out pretty much everywhere. This is NOT a bad thing. Let me explain.

This is negative as fans can't get it. The fact that I almost lost out on my SE due to scalpers ticks me off. HOWEVER- it also means the games are popular like the topic says. It means we can look forward to more FE's, the studio is making money, we can count on a lot of DLC (must say- DLC seems reasonably priced in FE) etc. This is the most popular I've seen a FE game since I started with FE8- and I'm happy about it.