Why is Silas so popular here?

Clarissa

Ooh, glad to see a lot of Silas love in the west. ^^ I love him too! He's so adorkable and he's such a sweetie! And he's cute! And I'm a sucker for childhood friend romance. And cavalier knights (generally). lol

I mean, both the spouses I gave my Avatars in Awakening and Fates are of the cavalier line. lol (Freddy and Silas)

EDIT: Oh, also, Silas is most assuredly voiced by the guy who did the Pits in Kid Icarus! I hear a lot of Dark Pit in him especially (because it's slightly deeper than regular Pit)! And I loved Dark PIt. :D

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like a bunch of his supports--at least in the JP, gives off a really judgmental vibe for some reasons

and I guess the way it's written grated on me a lot

I don't always mind judgmental as a flaw but it's the execution thereof

Haven't read much of the English to see if anything changed, bc I can't get into him enough in the JP for me to look forward to reading his supports

This and his support with Elise is why my thoughts about Silas downgraded some. I don't think he's a bad character and when he's not coming off as creepy and judgmental I like him just fine. His supports with Hana in the ENG version still make him judgmental and I still dislike it, but it's not as bad as the JP version. That version was straight up kissing his feet. Thankfully the Elise/Silas support look cleaned up some. Unfortunately his ENG support with Camilla seems to be worse than the JP version. It's a mixed bag for me with Silas that's for sure.

Edited by Frelia

He's one of those characters I figured I'd never use but I actually really like him. I turned him into a Lodestar in Conquest and probably will in Birthright too. He seems like the ideal character for the class.

Silas is popular?

Lol, I actually didn't know that, either. But in the Pre-Release Popularity Poll, he did get more votes than Jakob and Kaze, both of whom are pretty popular characters.

I haven't actually seen people say they hate Silas, so I'm more inclined to think that they're just making fun of him by calling him "self-proclaimed best friend". It's almost a rule: the more a character gets made fun of, the more popular he is.

I haven't actually seen people say they hate Silas, so I'm more inclined to think that they're just making fun of him by calling him "self-proclaimed best friend". It's almost a rule: the more a character gets made fun of, the more popular he is.

Ah, then it's sad to see that Ryoma is an exception: I've seen too many lobster jokes to count, but he's still not nearly as popular as Xander, who never really gets made fun of, is...

Ah, then it's sad to see that Ryoma is an exception: I've seen too many lobster jokes to count, but he's still not nearly as popular as Xander, who never really gets made fun of, is...

I've yet to see someone make a lobster joke in anything other than affection.

Ah, I like Silas. He's simple. I honestly wasn't expecting much from him.
His level of determination to see Corrin/Kamui again would come across as strange or creepy in real life though.
Still, I thought it was really charming. He'd probably be less interesting if they completely knew each other from the start tbh.

Yeah he is kinda boring.

I like his kid tho.

Basically how I feel. Silas is okay - nothing to write home about (aside from his voice tbh). I do love Sophie though.

I've yet to see someone make a lobster joke in anything other than affection.

Well, right, but I thought the whole point of that rule was that the more jokes the fans crack on a character, the more popular he/she is, and that's not the case with Ryoma. I didn't say the jokes are bad.

I'm personally tired of the lobster jokes... They were funny at first, but now they're just old and done to me. Besides, Ryoma never looked THAT much like a lobster to me in the first place. I always thought he looked more like a porcupine because dat hair. I even call him porcupine lord these days as a joke.

Walhart looks more like a lobster to me. I even saw others compare him to one, but he didn't get the same jokes Ryoma does and that's just not fair... :(

I'm personally tired of the lobster jokes... They were funny at first, but now they're just old and done to me. Besides, Ryoma never looked THAT much like a lobster to me in the first place. I always thought he looked more like a porcupine because dat hair. I even call him porcupine lord these days as a joke.

Walhart looks more like a lobster to me. I even saw others compare him to one, but he didn't get the same jokes Ryoma does and that's just not fair... :(

I kinda am too... But I guess I can't blame the fans for drawing connections, since there's literally a lobster named Ryouma-ebi...

He looks really cute as a porcupine/hedgehog, though

50tZdd1qpXhimwXcO9jfcm.jpg

I think he's just not a lot of people's #1 or something, doesn't mean they don't like him

Walhart didn't get the same levels of Lobster jokes (it's apparently in-game) because he doesn't have the same amount of fans as Ryouma and I mean

I have a lobster plush in Ryouma's honor, not Walhart's

so

Edited by Thor Odinson

I think he's just not a lot of people's #1 or something, doesn't mean they don't like him

Walhart didn't get the same levels of Lobster jokes (it's apparently in-game) because he doesn't have the same amount of fans as Ryouma and I mean

I have a lobster plush in Ryouma's honor, not Walhart's

so

Besides, people were too busy making Walmart jokes.

I'm also really sick of lobster jokes. I love lobsters and yet I never found it funny in the first place. Ryoma isn't even the best Hoshidan male, much less Hoshidan sibling.

I don't think Walhart is that lobster-y either, but I don't like it when aspects of characters become jokes in general. At least Orochi, Reina, Azama, and Setsuna aren't popular.

I kinda am too... But I guess I can't blame the fans for drawing connections, since there's literally a lobster named Ryouma-ebi...

He looks really cute as a porcupine/hedgehog, though

50tZdd1qpXhimwXcO9jfcm.jpg

Actually now that you guys mention it with that hair Ryoma kinda reminds me of a Super Saiyin 3 or maybe Raditz...at least hair wise.

Raditz

aklmmaaammmmamm.jpg?w=584

Ryoma

fe14___ryoma_by_polarityplus-d9rycs6.jpg

His supports with the Nohrian sisters makes it seem like he wishes he could take Kamui's place and the JP!Silas x Elise support was really creepy. And then he's judgmental in other supports.

Jealous, judgmental and a little bit of a creep, yeah. Sounds kind of like a stereotypical "nice guy".

Edited by NekoKnight

His supports with the Nohrian sisters makes it seem like he wishes he could take Kamui's place and the JP!Silas x Elise support was really creepy. And then he's judgmental in other supports.

Jealous, judgmental and a little bit of a creep, yeah. Sounds kind of like a stereotypical "nice guy".

Silas joins the Red Pill.

"Stay woke." - Silas

I haven't read his support with Camilla, but the Elise one was just too much (at least the localization fixed it). Honestly, I'm kinda lacking the motivation to read any of his supports; the only two I've read are Elise and Selena since I'm planning on doing those pairings, and neither of them was that good...

Different strokes for different folks. Personally I don't see why everyone loves Takumi. All he does is whine and complain and swear revenge while I keep putting him into the ground in conquest. But according to your popularity post he's the best thing that happened to Japan apparently.

I like Silas, he seems pretty down to earth and in conquest he's pretty useful in the first couple missions. In conquest you don't get many frontline units early on besides Effie and Arthur so it's nice to have a sturdy cavalier to relieve the frontliners.

And now I want to write a fanfic about Silas being a yandere for Camilla or Elise and wanting to kill and replace Kamui.

Different strokes for different folks. Personally I don't see why everyone loves Takumi. All he does is whine and complain and swear revenge while I keep putting him into the ground in conquest. But according to your popularity post he's the best thing that happened to Japan apparently.

I like Silas, he seems pretty down to earth and in conquest he's pretty useful in the first couple missions. In conquest you don't get many frontline units early on besides Effie and Arthur so it's nice to have a sturdy cavalier to relieve the frontliners.

If you only play Conquest, Takumi will definitely come off that way. As for Silas, he's a pretty good unit. I reclassed him to get the Lodestar skills and it has made him both tanky (as a GK) but fast.

And now I want to write a fanfic about Silas being a yandere for Camilla or Elise and wanting to kill and replace Kamui.

Don't let your dreams be dreams. Do it!