Why is Silas so popular here?

Clarissa

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now I want to write a fanfic about Silas being a yandere for Camilla or Elise and wanting to kill and replace Kamui.

And I wanna write him having a daughter.

L4sqFfx.png

Her name is Dorito.

not bill cipher

sorry sophie you're a reason why i tolerate silas

Wow, I didn't realize so many people disliked Silas! I won't lie, part of the reason I like him is because of the "childhood best friend" trope, but also because he seems very kind and sweet from what I've seen so far!

And I wanna write him having a daughter.

L4sqFfx.png

Her name is Dorito.

not bill cipher

Se looks pretty good with that hair. The only question is how we get Silas and Nishiki to screw....

Where do babies come from?

Se looks pretty good with that hair. The only question is how we get Silas and Nishiki to screw....

Where do babies come from?

Bahaha, I was going to point out we missed the real issue there, but you caught it. XD That said, if humans and kitsune can breed, weirder things have happened. That is a pretty hair color. :)

Also love the story idea. Sounds interesting.

RE: Silas -- I think he's alright and the friendship thing is nice. I need to see more of his supports to really get to know him. He's one of the more mellow units (doesn't have as flashy an archetype / gimmick as some others). That said, I'm finding that I've really loved some of the units I thought were too 'quiet' pre-release now that I'm going through Birthright. Conquest is gonna have some big shoes to fill with how much I love characters like Takumi, Oboro, Saizo and Kaze (I realize he's in both but he's natively loyal to Hoshido, I would figure.), Sakura, Hana, Subaki, etc. So my opinion on him could go either way.

Anyone who "hates" Takumi needs to at least play Birthright with an open mind before committing to that statement. I thought I was gonna be part of the Takumi hate brigade, but he's gone from being the royal that ticked me off the most to potentially being my favorite. Still scared witless to fight him in Conquest but that's my fault, not his.

Anyone who "hates" Takumi needs to at least play Birthright with an open mind before committing to that statement. I thought I was gonna be part of the Takumi hate brigade, but he's gone from being the royal that ticked me off the most to potentially being my favorite. Still scared witless to fight him in Conquest but that's my fault, not his.

Yay, I'm so happy! I remember that you voiced your doubts about Takumi before, so I really appreciate you giving him a chance :D

I don't really get it myself. He's just your generic nice guy who is also your generic childhood friend.

I view him as the type of character you smile at momentarily and then move on to focus on the more interesting characters.

Bahaha, I was going to point out we missed the real issue there, but you caught it. XD That said, if humans and kitsune can breed, weirder things have happened. That is a pretty hair color. :)

Sophie looks good with just about any hair color tbh.

I actually really like Silas.

I like his hair, his daughter and the childhood friend thing. Buuut mainly his hair and daughter.

#Sophieforbestgirl

Even if I loathed Silas, I would still push through for Sophie. I really like her. I don't even know why. She's not the most interesting, she's not the "best" but I love her.

Wow, I didn't realize so many people disliked Silas! I won't lie, part of the reason I like him is because of the "childhood best friend" trope, but also because he seems very kind and sweet from what I've seen so far!

Same, he seems sweet to me. I think it's cute the way he wanted to see Corrin again, though it is a tad strange.

Speaking of which, can someone shed some light on why Oboro is so popular here? Don't get me wrong--I like Oboro. Her supports--from what I've seen--don't always revolve around a single shtick, and (thank god) I don't think she's really an anime archetype. But she just seems like such a fan favorite on this forum and I can't really figure out why.

Edited by Sixsmith

Speaking of which, can someone shed some light on why Oboro is so popular here? Don't get me wrong--I like Oboro. Her supports--from what I've seen--don't always revolve around a single shtick, and (thank god) I don't think she's really an anime archetype. But she just seems like such a fan favorite on this forum and I can't really figure out why.

Combination of being a good unit (in a popular class) with a well rounded personality. Plus she's cute.

I like Silas mainly because of the best friends since childhood troupe. It helps me put in stories of them when they were young and I like doing that. I can see why people think his dull, but I find him sweet and hardworking, which are always pluses to me. Not to mention his a great unit that can do a lot of work if you are willing to use him. Then again, when has a beginning Cavalier ever been bad?

I think Silas is popular because there is very little to make the balance tilt to the negative end of the spectrum.

Silas is a nice guy, a decent unit and does not have a flaw that can be considered controversial. He's a bit on the predictable side but that's hardly a deal breaker for most.

At least his English support with Hana's changed to give some regards to her character and painted her bad performance as a one-off having a bad day type of deal. The JP one straight up sucks Silas's dick.

Saizou's probably because his initial impression can be a turn off making people not want to get to know him more but his supports are so fucking good

I like how Saizo is both too good for this game and clearly knows it.

Seriously, he's one of the few characters that actually seems to have a life, personality, and history outside of the royals and Corrin, and one of the few characters that doesn't suck up to Corrin. This guy needs much more love.

I like Saizou as a character. But for some reason I don't like using him as a unit. It's not even that he's bad, he's the ninja that best fits my play style of the three natural ninjas. Maybe I just don't like ninja as a class. I know that I dislike his kid.

As for Silas, I really have no opinion of him. He's a nice marriage partner for Aqua, gives her things that she wants minus all of the possible implied incest. Don't dislike him, don't like him. He's just there.

I like how Saizo is both too good for this game and clearly knows it.

Seriously, he's one of the few characters that actually seems to have a life, personality, and history outside of the royals and Corrin, and one of the few characters that doesn't suck up to Corrin. This guy needs much more love.

Saizo is one cool dude. The only thing that holds him back (for me) is his kid.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I don't mind Silas. In my first run of Birthright and Conquest, I benched him after two levels or so. He just didn't have any of the "pzazz" to be any use to me, but when I paired him up with Selena, he got a lot stronger. Plus in the end Sophie ended up getting Selena's Sol and Silas's Luna.. So yeah, they are the most optimal pair for each other.

Personality wise, hes boring, which is a good thing imo. He isn't complicated compared to some characters and just seems easy to get along with. But on the topic of "self proclaimed bestie" its kinda fiction. The Avatar doesn't remember their past much, so its kinda obvious that they wouldnt remember Silas much. Plus there is dialogue in Conquest between the two in which the Avatar begins to remember.

But he isn't hot imo, Keaton is, which is off topic but true.

So yeah, Silas isn't that bad, just boring in a good way!

His supports with the Nohrian sisters makes it seem like he wishes he could take Kamui's place and the JP!Silas x Elise support was really creepy. And then he's judgmental in other supports.

Jealous, judgmental and a little bit of a creep, yeah. Sounds kind of like a stereotypical "nice guy".

Basically why I shunned Silas. He's totally devoted to Corrin, okay, that's charming. He's a great, nice guy and I really liked him at first, plus the 'childhood best friend" trope, but then his supports with Camilla and Elise was definitely a turn off for me.

Not to mention Silas A support with Camilla where he pretty much flat out says "I want you to love me, because I love you", even if he already had a wife and child.

I don't hate Silas, nor that I find him boring - he's actually pretty sweet - I just feel like he could be better without those awkward gimmicks.

Besides, his daughter is just so very adorable.

He's middle of the road for me, he doesn't have any traits that make me completely dislike him (though I agree with those who mentioned how judgmental he can be, some of his supports like Kagero rubbed me the wrong way), but he also has no traits that make him stand out to me. He's just the "best friend" and that's really all I can sum him up as, and that doesn't give me much to gravitate to when there are other characters who are close to Corrin, but have more going for them in terms of other traits.

Edited by Medeus

Because he's super cute and we're childhood besties!!! Iabsolutely love him!!

^Pretty much my thoughts about Silas. I adore him since he isn't one of the whacked out characters. He's kind, sweet, and I always love a good connection to the past. Also, Silas has served more than well in both my Conquest and Birthright playthroughs. Somehow, he is that one unit that always gets critical hits, protects allies, and triggers skills, with little to no magic needed. Sophie is also a plus, as she is a great compliment to him.

I don't know, but the more 'boring' characters are the characters I am intrigued the most about. It's the characters that build slowly over time that I really like, instead of just the same trope over and over again, and Silas fits this. (Well, to me at least. Many of his supports reveal a hidden past of the Avatar and life in Nohr)